You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Daigensui

St. Petersburg Finally Listened..... (Akizuki Extension)

41 comments in this topic

[CMFRT]
Alpha Tester
9,364 posts
26 battles

Over an year ago, St. Petersburg was constantly asking me for some JMSDF DD for the alternate IJN DD branch, and I told them it was impossible. Basically said just shove in Akizuki Kai and a bigger version with an additional turret.

And thus.....

p6gMVp0.jpg

LkmfGa6.jpg

Always feels good to be listened to, even if it took more than an year.

Apparently photos are by Femennenly. Got the notification on Discord myself.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 2

[LUCK]
Members
1,274 posts
18,949 battles

Now we just have to get them to listen on the USN cruiser split- hopefully that won't take a year.

I don't play DDs but good for new, non-BB ships in progress.

• Bad 1

[NG-NL]
Members
4,949 posts
8,094 battles

This may get interesting.

I must ask if you've official permission to share this as an Alpha Tester.

[BUNNY]
[BUNNY]
Members
1,871 posts
8,672 battles

This is fantastic news. I'm looking forward to getting my hands on that tier 10-  imagine the amount of shells that can put down range!

[NGA-B]
Members
1,191 posts
7,584 battles
9 minutes ago, Reymu said:

This may get interesting.

Somehow I doubt it. I think certain parties will descend like a plague of locusts when they wind of this. I wonder if this is the release they plan for the 3rd quarter.

Edit: I stand corrected, turns out this was on Femennenly's twitter so I guess it is a semi-official reveal. Definitely looking forward to the tier X.

Edited by JediMasterDraco

[PROJX]
Members
967 posts
15,407 battles

Nice to see the current split IJN DD line is getting filled out w/ it's T9/10s.

• Cool 1

[WGA]
Administrator, Community Department, WG Staff, Retired Community Contributors
244 posts
12,178 battles

Please provide reference where reference is due.

This was announced at CC Summit in St Petersburg RU. More details can be found on my twitter for example.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

Members
211 posts
5,120 battles
2 minutes ago, Femennenly said:

This was announced at CC Summit in St Petersburg RU. More details can be found on my twitter for example.

Agreed 

[HINON]
Supertester
7,520 posts
7,578 battles
37 minutes ago, Daigensui said:

Over an year ago, St. Petersburg was constantly asking me for some JMSDF DD for the alternate IJN DD branch, and I told them it was impossible. Basically said just shove in Akizuki Kai and a bigger version with an additional turret.

And thus.....

p6gMVp0.jpg

LkmfGa6.jpg

Always feels good to be listened to, even if it took more than an year.

5 minutes ago, Femennenly said:

:Smile_great: This.

Members
901 posts
4,218 battles

I just wonder how much hp the T10 will have, akizuki hp at T8 already rivals T10 dds short of khaba. It is going to be glorious.

Members
501 posts
3,459 battles
6 minutes ago, Femennenly said:

I did in my thread. 

Members
6,619 posts
25,219 battles
1 hour ago, Reymu said:

Alpha Tester in WG parlance is not what you think it is. They have no connection, no NDA, no restrictions.

they are people that started playing the game while it was in Alpha stage, very early on, before the Beta test started.

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
6,024 battles

The line's ill designed if they still have to rely on a 4 point skill, IFHE. Why play a super akizuki when there's already a Minotaur.

Edited by NeutralState

Members
879 posts
6,884 battles
4 minutes ago, NeutralState said:

The line's ill designed if they still have to rely on a 4 point skill, IFHE. Why play a super akizuki when there's already a Minotaur.

Cause it doesn't have a citadel?

• Cool 3

Members
1,077 posts
39 minutes ago, alexf24 said:

Alpha Tester in WG parlance is not what you think it is. They have no connection, no NDA, no restrictions.

Whilst that is true now back when WoWS was in Alpha testing, all testers had to sign an NDA.

Supertester
1,457 posts
16 battles

I'm guessing Harugumo / 5th turret Akizuki would join the ranks of ships created by the WG design bureau. If it is indeed a fictional product, I think it marks the first IJN ship in game that is 'fake'. I'm not entirely clued up on IJN DDs though, so I'll refrain from consigning it to the ranks of Republique, Conqueror, Monarch, Roon & Kurfurst just yet.

Edit: Personally, I would think Yamazuki makes more sense as a name for V7 than Kitakaze, but that is just me.

Edited by Trainspite

[AR]
[AR]
Members
310 posts
11,613 battles

wow. o.O I think these things will probably have a heal party.

[HINON]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,174 posts
2,029 battles
33 minutes ago, Trainspite said:

I'm guessing Harugumo / 5th turret Akizuki would join the ranks of ships created by the WG design bureau. If it is indeed a fictional product, I think it marks the first IJN ship in game that is 'fake'. I'm not entirely clued up on IJN DDs though, so I'll refrain from consigning it to the ranks of Republique, Conqueror, Monarch, Roon & Kurfurst just yet.

Edit: Personally, I would think Yamazuki makes more sense as a name for V7 than Kitakaze, but that is just me.

it depends on your definition. Zao is a 'fake' ship technically as she exists only in specifications - the first time she was even drawn up was for a magazine!

[ERN]
[ERN]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,101 posts
4,223 battles
1 hour ago, NeutralState said:

Because it smaller and no citadel?

• Cool 1

Supertester
1,457 posts
16 battles
1 hour ago, Phoenix_jz said:

it depends on your definition. Zao is a 'fake' ship technically as she exists only in specifications - the first time she was even drawn up was for a magazine!

Aye, it depends. Specifications for a design escape the cut for me, even if no drawings appeared. It is at the low end of spectrum though compared to most. Fake for me means WG have completely made the ship up around their criteria. 

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,651 posts
9,960 battles

Good priorities really, throw in the 13th and 14th IJN tech-tree Destroyers before any from the UK, France, Italy...

Members
4,731 posts
5,459 battles

I'm assuming that this is the 'inspiration' for the T10 Harugumo:

super_akizuki_coloured_by_tzoli-d7phuot.

Mind you, this is a completely fake design, and according to the Kitakaze having a sextuple launcher installed, I'm assuming Harugumo will have one as well which differs from the design above.

I'm most excited for Kitakaze though. An Akizuki with Shimakaze's power plant will likely fix Akizuki's one major drawback, poor speed and maneuverability. I have to admit, the T10 will also likely be fun. DD with the largest broadside by gun count, at 10 barrels. It'll be nasty, but that 4th turret(at the top of the pyramid) looks to be the stinker as the firing angles don't look any better than Myoko's.