Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

6 comments in this topic

[SMI-1]
[SMI-1]
Members
272 posts
8,398 battles

Well I guess I have to put this out there again, why does WG ignore the Mid-Tier players again? Ranked battles would be nice if it was tier 7 this time, that would have included a lot more of the player base. But WG did it again caving into the demands of the higher tier players and there wallets as usual,

War Gaming needs to Start to do things like the Clan Battles and Ranked for the Player Base at Tier 5-6-7, right now there is no incentive to do anything, no team play with clans or friends. If you want to keep upsetting this group of you base then you are doing a fine job of it so far for 2 years now excluding them from contest and the such. The way it continues to evolve is this game is only for the high tier to participate in all the goodies that WG offers for doing so.

When you have two clans like I do, and half are tier 5-6 and they ask will be able to play Clan Battles or Ranked Battles and you have to say NO because the tier is too high and you have a long way to get there, that is not fair to the bread & butter players that play everyday in a clan or solo, just a slap in the face because there is nothing to do within the game that they can get a larger reward for.

For your sake WG, you need to start doing more for your mid-tier player base before they up and leave again.

Thanks,

Sere_Pj   [SMI-1/2] Sea Mongerz Inc.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 1

[UDEAD]
[UDEAD]
Beta Testers
1,024 posts
10,214 battles

The business makes money off of people buying premium time and premium ships to grind to tier 10.

Not rewarding the people who have spent the MOST time and money with the game is a BIGGER mistake for a business than upsetting those still in the process of grinding mid tiers, correct?

In fact, the very act of dangling a carrot in front of those mid tier players might actually MOTIVATE them to buy premium time and ships to get to that tier 8/9/10 content.

Replacing people that stop at mid tiers is a lot easier than replacing tier 8/9/10 players, because it takes less than 200 matches to get a tier 6 if a player goes up 1 line only.  Any new player is going to get to multiple tier 7's before they hit 500 matches, so filling that void is not that hard.  The reason WG opened up the early seasons of Ranked Battles to low tiers was the newness of the player base, not as a nod to need to keep tier 5 Omaha drivers engaged...

That being said, I would love a tier 5 ranked battles again, after a full season of tier 10 clan battles, a change of pace would be nice, but I get why they are doing it.

• Cool 1

[LHG]
Members
1,618 posts
4,887 battles

Well, not exactly.  

As far as I know there are almost no premium ships available for purchase above tier VIII so boosting the Tiers to T10 after hitting rank 10 doesn't influence anyone to buy anything they wouldn't otherwise buy if ranked were just a flat Tier 8 event. 

I'm kind of disappointed that the Tier 10 requirement was added because, although I have around 120 ships in my port, none of them are better than Tier 8 so once I hit Rank 10, I'm done.  Even if I wanted to be a wallet warrior, I'm still done since tier 10 isn't something you can buy your way into. 

Personally I've fought in Ranked with T7s, then T6s and finally T8s and I thought the competition was the best during the T7 season though I enjoyed the others as well. I was hoping this season would drop back down into the T7 range, or perhaps a tiered system with ranks 23 to16 using T5 ships, 15 to 11 using T6, 10 to 6 using T7, rank 5 - 2 using T8 and Rank 1 using T9 or T10. 

Anyway, I was hoping to make some more progress towards attaining Rank 1 this season, but that's just not going to be possible. Oh well, there's always next season. 

Edited by BB3_Oregon_Steel

Members
626 posts
1,630 battles
9 hours ago, BB3_Oregon_Steel said:

Well, not exactly.  

As far as I know there are almost no premium ships available for purchase above tier VIII so boosting the Tiers to T10 after hitting rank 10 doesn't influence anyone to buy anything they wouldn't otherwise buy if ranked were just a flat Tier 8 event. 

I'm kind of disappointed that the Tier 10 requirement was added because, although I have around 120 ships in my port, none of them are better than Tier 8 so once I hit Rank 10, I'm done.  Even if I wanted to be a wallet warrior, I'm still done since tier 10 isn't something you can buy your way into. 

Personally I've fought in Ranked with T7s, then T6s and finally T8s and I thought the competition was the best during the T7 season though I enjoyed the others as well. I was hoping this season would drop back down into the T7 range, or perhaps a tiered system with ranks 23 to16 using T5 ships, 15 to 11 using T6, 10 to 6 using T7, rank 5 - 2 using T8 and Rank 1 using T9 or T10. 

Anyway, I was hoping to make some more progress towards attaining Rank 1 this season, but that's just not going to be possible. Oh well, there's always next season. 

"Even if I wanted to be a wallet warrior, I'm still done since tier 10 isn't something you can buy your way into. "

I mean I'm mad too and I don't have a T10, just saying this isn't true. You can convert doubloons to free XP so you can buy the corresponding amount of doubloons you need to get to T10. How much money this will cost if you don't have a single T9 is another story but you could be a wallet warrior. About 125k short of Conqueror so if the situation arises and if I'm just a small amount short I might just bite the bullet and pay rather than miss out on my favorite type of game mode. 

Edited by Aristotle83

[LHG]
Members
1,618 posts
4,887 battles
11 hours ago, Aristotle83 said:

"Even if I wanted to be a wallet warrior, I'm still done since tier 10 isn't something you can buy your way into. "

I mean I'm mad too and I don't have a T10, just saying this isn't true. You can convert doubloons to free XP so you can buy the corresponding amount of doubloons you need to get to T10. How much money this will cost if you don't have a single T9 is another story but you could be a wallet warrior. About 125k short of Conqueror so if the situation arises and if I'm just a small amount short I might just bite the bullet and pay rather than miss out on my favorite type of game mode. 

Ok, I stand corrected at least insofar as not being able to buy my way to Tier 10. It sure would take an awful lot of doubloons though.  

• Cool 1

[LHG]
Members
1,618 posts
4,887 battles

Just one thought on how to make the Tier X requirement more palatable in Ranked.  Why don't we handle it as they do in Clan Wars where, if you have a Tier VIII ship in port, you are allowed to "rent" a tier base model Tier X (no cammo, no modules).  In that way players who don't have a tier X in their port, but still have fairly high tier ships could continue to compete (albeit at something of a disadvantage compared to other players who have T 10's in their port).  That would seem more fair and give those of us without a Tier 10 a chance to progress through rank 1 if we can play well enough.  

Sign in to follow this