Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
tm63au

Normandie's speed

10 comments in this topic

[POP]
Members
1,154 posts
14,796 battles

Hi

I just played 2 Games in French Battleships Bretagne and Normandie both games went well, I have played both ships a little bit in the past and I new Normandie was quite fast.

I also know that the Bretagne was slow which does not bother me at all, but what took me by complete surprise ( though I guess I should have payed more attention ) was the fact that Normandie was originally laid down in 1912 and Bretagne  in 1916.

I also new from reading a article that WG were using some creative licence on the French battleships but considering the age difference between the two ships how can the 10 knot speed difference be justified for Normandie, when even Wikipedia has there post WW1 modernization speed at best 28 knots but expecting the standard speed for this ship at 24 knots.  

And yet WG have it cruising around at 31 knots matching ships like Scharnhorst are they serious, not only that should not Bretagne be at tier 6 anyway as its a younger class ship.

regards

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,340 posts
9,433 battles

You don't have to sail it that fast.  You can just cruise around at 3/4 throttle if it pleases you.

The Normandie class was never finished as battleships.  They lack a bit of armor, so the result is quicker.

There is also the weight savings of consolidating guns into quad turrets.

New camo is nice.  Looks sharp.

[RKLES]
Members
7,111 posts
8,758 battles
58 minutes ago, AVR_Project said:

You don't have to sail it that fast.  You can just cruise around at 3/4 throttle if it pleases you.

The Normandie class was never finished as battleships.  They lack a bit of armor, so the result is quicker.

There is also the weight savings of consolidating guns into quad turrets.

New camo is nice.  Looks sharp.

Yeah and that would justify a speed increase to what it is in game.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,743 posts
7,373 battles

You know, reading your posts hurts my eyes. #makegrammargreatagain

Moving on. It should be repeated that this is a game, an arcade game. It is not a simulation, things have to be balanced, and, more importantly, WG can look forward to upgrades to ships that never happened, for what ever reason. Normandie at 22-ish knots in T8 battles with 13 inch guns would be fish food. Normandie at 29-ish knots with 13 inch guns is viable. It really is that simple.

Too many players keep thinking this is a naval simulation. It isn't.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[POP]
Members
841 posts
9,497 battles

The Bretagne could use a speed buff.

I also agree Bretagne should have been made a T-6 but I'm not familiar with the French BB's to recommend a T-5 alternative?

[HINON]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,196 posts
2,029 battles
2 hours ago, Gerbertz said:

The Bretagne could use a speed buff.

I also agree Bretagne should have been made a T-6 but I'm not familiar with the French BB's to recommend a T-5 alternative?

Eh, Bretagne is honestly more of a tier IV, she's really just a worse Orion except for her guns - which have incredibly massive penetration buffs. Tier VI for that class would be kind of comedic.

[POP]
Members
1,154 posts
14,796 battles
8 hours ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

You know, reading your posts hurts my eyes. #makegrammargreatagain

Moving on. It should be repeated that this is a game, an arcade game. It is not a simulation, things have to be balanced, and, more importantly, WG can look forward to upgrades to ships that never happened, for what ever reason. Normandie at 22-ish knots in T8 battles with 13 inch guns would be fish food. Normandie at 29-ish knots with 13 inch guns is viable. It really is that simple.

Too many players keep thinking this is a naval simulation. It isn't.

Hi

Well I see Krimzon you have not lost your sense of sarcasm humour when it comes to us folk who you feel are not perfect at grammar, I will do my best to remedy that next time I post a subject matter.

Still enjoy I enjoy reading your posts for two reason the one I mentioned above and also you do have knowledge on subject matters on the topics that are posted on this forum, always helpful plus 1

For the record I am aware of the status of this game and the method of what WG do I just feel the 10 knot difference between the 2 ships is a bit steep.

Good hunting on the high seas

cheers

• Funny 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,743 posts
7,373 battles
3 hours ago, tm63au said:

Hi

Well I see Krimzon you have not lost your sense of sarcasm humour when it comes to us folk who you feel are not perfect at grammar, I will do my best to remedy that next time I post a subject matter.

Still enjoy I enjoy reading your posts for two reason the one I mentioned above and also you do have knowledge on subject matters on the topics that are posted on this forum, always helpful plus 1

For the record I am aware of the status of this game and the method of what WG do I just feel the 10 knot difference between the 2 ships is a bit steep.

Good hunting on the high seas

cheers

Sardonic humor is life. :3

While I can be, I don't know, trollish at times, I do actually try and be helpful, unless of course the thread in question is just bonkers. I try and just be silent these days with those, I'm not helping by being snarky all the time.

[SYN]
Members
14,379 posts
10,239 battles

Something about 5 turrets vs. 3 turrets, boiler room, and machinery layout.

[POP]
Members
1,154 posts
14,796 battles
12 minutes ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

Sardonic humor is life. :3

While I can be, I don't know, trollish at times, I do actually try and be helpful, unless of course the thread in question is just bonkers. I try and just be silent these days with those, I'm not helping by being snarky all the time.

some of the best comedy is as you say sardonic humour, another one Dry Wit which is more or less similar, sometimes needs to be said to break up the monotony and hopefully give everyone a good laugh even the poster if they can handle it.

cheers 

Sign in to follow this