You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Taichunger

Make Your Early Predictions: Ranked at T10 is goin to be...

33 comments in this topic

[INTEL]
Members
8,461 posts
25,360 battles

Is Ranked gonna be like Clan Wars at T10? Depends. If we get the Ranked maps we had before, it will be totally different. If we get Clan Wars caps, then it will be Clan Wars lite.

But if it is the previous Ranked maps, which ships will dominate? Because those maps yield battles found at close ranges. Will it be...

World of Minos like World of Winfast at T7? High ROF, torps, and smoke...

World of Zao: you can't see me!

World of Shima: wall of skill across tiny cap = buh-bye

World of GK: feel my secondaries

World of Republique: feel my secondaries. And my incredibly fast reload.

World of Des Moines: I will radar you to death

World of Yammy: Lolpenning ships since 2014.

• Funny 1

[WG-CC]
[WG-CC]
WoWS Wiki Editor, Members
852 posts
7,568 battles

Hakuryu will be very powerful. I'd expect to see 4-2-2 loadouts. Hindenburg with DF will probably be my choice of ship.

[RKLES]
Members
7,113 posts
8,767 battles

Lol probably world of we need 1 moderator in every Ranked battle :Smile_teethhappy:

[HINON]
Supertester
18,979 posts
12,488 battles

"Ranked at T10 is goin to be..."

Complained about at length.

• Cool 5
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Beta Testers
4,951 posts
1,487 battles
7 minutes ago, Lert said:

"Ranked at T10 is goin to be..."

Complained about at length.

Ya think...

[MIA-A]
[MIA-A]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,012 posts
7,686 battles

World of queue dodging the CVs. 

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

[NDA]
Supertester, Alpha Tester
5,473 posts
4,055 battles
42 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

You forgot Khabs for days.

Huh, you're right. I did actually forget about the Khab...

*screams internally*

[-K-]
WoWS Wiki Editor, Members, Supertester, WoWS Community Contributors
4,682 posts
15,212 battles

It'll be interesting to see what happens to peoples' credit levels halfway through the season.  There's no premium ship that can be purchased to buy your way out if credit reserves drop to a million or two.  This might be a significant barrier to participation.  That said, I can see permanent camouflages selling like hotcakes as people start to realize how low credit earnings are without them (and without premium/flags).  Might be a great opportunity for a permanent camo sale!

Speaking of sales, I like the fact that no one can fault WG for releasing any premium ships during Ranked because now there are no changes that will effect the game...  except, perhaps, if the USN CA/CL line split occurs and people insta-buy Worchester for Ranked (assuming it's considered really good for that mode).

Edited by Lord_Zath
  • Cool 1

[OPG]
Supertester
1,888 posts
10,013 battles
1 minute ago, Lord_Zath said:

It'll be interesting to see what happens to peoples' credit levels halfway through the season.  There's no premium that can be purchased to buy your way out if credit reserves drop to a million or two.  This might be a significant barrier to participation.  That said, I can see permanent camouflages selling like hotcakes as people start to realize how low credit earnings are without them (and without premium/flags).  Might be a great opportunity for a permanent camo sale!

:Smile_great:

My only wish would be a barrier to ranked participation.  Often folks say it should be tier such-and-such, to prevent potatoes.  But lets be honest, T10 is as potato ridden as T7.   Often worse as you get tons of those free XP race to the top folks with 1k battles.

Rather a hard limit of say 150-200 battles then you are done wherever you are.   Barring that the next best thing is t10 upkeep costs.   Would love to see econ flags and benefits disabled for ranked.   Sure you can spam 10000 ranked games, hoping for luck to carry you.... how many credits did you say that you have?

[NOOOB]
Members
1,441 posts
12,100 battles

Think it will be fun, no premium ships, everyone on same footing.  Lots of good ships to choose from, will be interesting to see what the “go-to” ships are.

[SF-3]
Members
1,452 posts
7,934 battles

If it goes T8 then T10, that will be interesting. I have some T10s but I imagine no everyone has T10s or has optimal T10s. Do you really think there will be a lot of CVs in queue, seems to not be the case in most of the ranked seasons I have played. also, this is going to bring about a huge [edited] fest about how inaccessible ranked is for some people.

[PVE]
Members
376 posts
8,264 battles

Until something is done to stop sync-dropping CV's from ruining all rank matches from rank 10 on up I will not be participating.

[LUCK]
Members
1,278 posts
19,115 battles
1 hour ago, NeoRussia said:

World of queue dodging the CVs. 

I know I have dropped DefAA in favor of hydro for cruisers in ranked so I'd hate to see a Midway or Hak without it. The escape key is your friend.

[LUCK]
Members
1,278 posts
19,115 battles

10-1 will be challenging, as it should be. I've never ranked out, 3,5,8 are my highest, and the likelihood at T10 probably drops significantly. That said, you are what your record says you are, according to Bill Parcells. I welcome T10, I think it makes it more meaningful for the good players that do it. I hope it does not change in the future.

[PT8TO]
Members
1,402 posts
12,911 battles
3 minutes ago, Wye_So_Serious said:

10-1 will be challenging, as it should be. I've never ranked out, 3,5,8 are my highest, and the likelihood at T10 probably drops significantly. That said, you are what your record says you are, according to Bill Parcells. I welcome T10, I think it makes it more meaningful for the good players that do it. I hope it does not change in the future.

It will be more meaningful for players who enjoy and have tier 10

But it will be less of a joy to players who spend 1000's of games at tier 6,7 and 8 and only have maybe a few hundred games in their tier 10's.

I can already hear the, I can play any ship at any tier no matter how many games i play at tier10 that does not matter.

Those will be the players that constantly screw up because of their lack of experience against the good players who spend most of their battles at tier 10.

It also means lots of players better be prepared to Carry like the world is on their back.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,040 posts
12,536 battles

World of I Only Have One Tier X Ship Sorry Guys

• Funny 3

[LUCK]
Members
1,278 posts
19,115 battles
2 minutes ago, GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND said:

It will be more meaningful for players who enjoy and have tier 10

But it will be less of a joy to players who spend 1000's of games at tier 6,7 and 8 and only have maybe a few hundred games in their tier 10's.

I can already hear the, I can play any ship at any tier no matter how many games i play at tier10 that does not matter.

Those will be the players that constantly screw up because of their lack of experience against the good players who spend most of their battles at tier 10.

It also means lots of players better be prepared to Carry like the world is on their back.

All true statements. Mistakes at T10 are punished severely but given T8 does see a good share of T9 and 10, gameplay shouldn't be a surprise. Access to a T10 ship is another issue but isn't that the point of having a tree progression? Get to the top tier with the best ships (theoretically the best).

[O7]
Supertester, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
10,675 posts
7,574 battles
1 hour ago, Lord_Zath said:

It'll be interesting to see what happens to peoples' credit levels halfway through the season.  There's no premium ship that can be purchased to buy your way out if credit reserves drop to a million or two.  This might be a significant barrier to participation.  That said, I can see permanent camouflages selling like hotcakes as people start to realize how low credit earnings are without them (and without premium/flags).  Might be a great opportunity for a permanent camo sale!

Speaking of sales, I like the fact that no one can fault WG for releasing any premium ships during Ranked because now there are no changes that will effect the game...  except, perhaps, if the USN CA/CL line split occurs and people insta-buy Worchester for Ranked (assuming it's considered really good for that mode).

Well the league flags do provide a discount on operating costs, just gotta get to rank 5 for the best one.

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
6,055 battles

WG really need to stop making Ranked reward anything other than rank points. Otherwise, same shitfest as all ranked seasons before.

Members
2,092 posts
8,099 battles

The meta shifter for Ranked against CBs is going to be the presence of CVs. I expect Hakuryu to rule, especially in the 422 config. Ships like Gearing and Grozo will be more relevant and more common. The other thing is that you can’t pick your teammates and ship lineups and tactics in advance the way you can in CBs

[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Members
344 posts
3,704 battles

Soooo... Does CHOOSING to stop at rank 10 make one a financial genius. :cap_hmm:

[OPG]
Supertester
1,888 posts
10,013 battles
23 minutes ago, InventedThought said:

Soooo... Does CHOOSING to stop at rank 10 make one a financial genius. :cap_hmm:

We need a meme of NoZoup's real warhips of genius...

real-men-of-genius.jpg.10a077e62c891604793511a7e8fc6908.jpg