You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
1Sherman

Make YouTubers add a disclaimer before every Two Brothers video

33 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
4,750 posts
2,411 battles

I swear, every time someone on YouTube posts a Two Brothers match where they run up the middle, a legion of idiots thinks that they can copy them and achieve the same results. As such, to avoid any further increases in stupidity, WG should force anyone, under pain of perma-banning, putting up a match on YouTube that is on Two Brothers to put a disclaimer at the beginning saying that what they are about to see is an exception rather than the rule and that you should never try what you're about to see at home. I don't care what WG does to enforce it, just so long as it's done and people start playing sensibly.

• Funny 4

[HINON]
Supertester
18,966 posts
12,487 battles

Unfortunately that's not something WG can do. They can insist on the WIP mark for test ships for CC videos because they can enable or disable CC access to those same test ships based on whether or not they have the WIP mark. Two Brothers isn't controlled content though.

[LUCK]
Members
1,276 posts
19,101 battles

Let me guess, the channel run "strategy"?

Edited by Wye_So_Serious

[O_O]
Members
4,336 posts
9,309 battles

My most common comment in chat on the Two Brothers map:

"Pls don't rush mid.  Just because you saw it work once on YouTube doesn't mean you can pull it off."

Followed within minutes with, "Told ya."

Every.  :etc_swear:.  Time.

Edited by desmo_2
  • Cool 1

[HINON]
Supertester
18,966 posts
12,487 battles
11 minutes ago, Wye_So_Serious said:

Let me guess, the channel run "strategy"?

Stragedy*

• Funny 5

[DRG_N]
Members
412 posts
582 battles

Let me guess, the last Flambass video?

Fun tidbit: Thats not something beyond any three players in the same position.  Flambass' WN8 and CC status doesn't make his ships any more or less vulnerable to incoming fire.  I've gone up the middle with my New Mexico, supported by two other BB's of the same type on three different occasions. Two went well, the other turned into a fight in the channel when we ran into the other team doing the same thing in Normandies.

People are so dead set in their beliefs that certain tactics are stupid and playing the game wrong that they never expect anyone to actually do it.  I have to give Kudos to Flambass for waking people up to different possibilities.

[ARGSY]
Members
5,854 posts
3,984 battles

Jingles gives this warning every time he does a Two Brothers video.

I actually went up the middle in my Fiji in a co-op game once. I did it knowing what I was letting myself in for, deliberately intending to kill myself and expunge the guilt of my pinkness in battle, yet I somehow (a) survived a torpedo bomber attack in the channel, (b) blew up an enemy ship that came down the channel to get me, and (c) got out the other end alive and lasted out the whole of the match. Maybe it shows that if you go in there intending to die, you live; if you go up there thinking you can live, you will die? IDK. :Smile_teethhappy:

[SVF]
Members
903 posts
1,282 battles
30 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I actually went up the middle in my Fiji in a co-op game once. I did it knowing what I was letting myself in for, deliberately intending to kill myself and expunge the guilt of my pinkness in battle, yet I somehow (a) survived a torpedo bomber attack in the channel, (b) blew up an enemy ship that came down the channel to get me, and (c) got out the other end alive and lasted out the whole of the match. Maybe it shows that if you go in there intending to die, you live; if you go up there thinking you can live, you will die? IDK. :Smile_teethhappy:

So, pretty much the following?:
"WITNESS ME!!!"

*Later on*

"How am I still alive?"

• Funny 1

[WOLF2]
Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles

If someone thinks going to a place where they will be shot at from all sides, at close range, is a good idea, then I don't think a disclaimer will change that.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
5,854 posts
3,984 battles
1 minute ago, landcollector said:

So, pretty much the following?:
"WITNESS ME!!!"

*Later on*

"How am I still alive?"

Actually it was more like "Does anyone mind if I go up the middle and kill myself out of Pink guilt?"

"No, go right ahead."

*BATTLE ENSUES*

IIRC at least one other player basically told me "You suck at killing yourself." :Smile_teethhappy: But "How am I still alive?" did enter my head. I offered it to Zath for a laugh, but he either didn't get to it before a patch drop or decided (probably for the better) that putting up a successful channel-rush (even in co-op) was not a good thing for the game.

[TDR]
Members
11 posts
4,415 battles

Every time I see someone go up the middle on Two Brothers I think of them saying "Hey Y'all, hold my beer, watch this!"

[XBRTC]
Members
1,204 posts
7,189 battles

I've actually done it a few times recently, with okay results.

First time, it was mid-game. All the enemy ships had been spotted and accounted for, there was nothing at the other end of the channel, and I had air cover from a very, very, very good division-mate. It didn't hurt a bit that the enemy carrier was doing little or nothing at the time, either, though he did have a sudden burst of energy when my Atlanta popped out the end of the channel. An Omaha also had a bad day when he noticed that they were being capped all of a sudden and turned around to try and save the day.

Second time, early game. Still in Atlanta. I was near the south end of the channel, still debating whether to go east or west, when I noticed I was detected. There wasn't anyone that could possibly have seen me who wasn't in the channel... so I go up near the end of it and sure enough: T5 PADD is *right* there, bow on.  Light him up with HE, take out rudder and engine right off the bat. He couldn't turn to torp me, and even if he had I had land for a torpedo belt. He smoked, I radared and finished him off. WTH, why not try it... go up the channel myself, hide behind the ledge on the east side... and a Kongo comes down. He gets very surprised, and I killed him. By this point, some of my teammates are coming up behind me, too, and we push and win. I did die, but not before spotting and soaking up a couple broadsides that now couldn't be shot at the teammates who killed and capped.

Third time... I don't really remember all of what happened. I don't think it ended well, though.

It's not a great idea to do, but ... if you have the right team, it can work.

[WORX]
Members
1,652 posts
12,706 battles
6 hours ago, 1Sherman said:

WG should force anyone, under pain of perma-banning, putting up a match on YouTube that is on Two Brothers

Well, WG can't enforce the strategy  game play in the map,  its in the map, they put it there in the first place, we have to laugh at the results of heading up the middle. Any thing goes if its in the map you use it or lose it in a surprising fashion. I think the opposite, if you want to scare players with (IMO is a ridiculous reason to) Perma-ban, then more and more ships are going to play even more stupidly in DMG farming.

6 hours ago, 1Sherman said:

I don't care what WG does to enforce it, just so long as it's done and people start playing sensibly.

The only enforcement WG has in game is the reward system, IMO in order for this statement to be true, I recommend a change in the DMG reward system that rewards fleet securing wins, not just farming DMG. Even with a disclaimer *which some Youtubers do so, and some show both the success and the dismal failure of going up the middle* They will do what they want to do. I also like going up the middle but that is because some BB goes up the crack alone and I am in a cruiser have to back him up.  Its a 50/50 chance but if you live on the danger side its fun every time... GL and HF, Cheers!

[VIP-2]
Members
804 posts
2,827 battles
7 hours ago, desmo_2 said:

My most common comment in chat on the Two Brothers map:

"Pls don't rush mid.  Just because you saw it work once on YouTube doesn't mean you can pull it off."

Followed within minutes with, "Told ya."

Every.  :etc_swear:.  Time.

Once?!?

Flambass doesnt know there is any other way...kinda sad...he has so many i cant count, and only in one i saw did the enemy team call him out on it. Side note, they still didnt guard the middle...

As for the rest of the videos...people need to realize that just because the top 10%ers can pull that off, it doesnt mean that 30%wr crowd can.

Although i will say i did it 3 weeks ago,  an emerald and my colorado, capped red base and returned to defend ours from the d side thrust that broke through. Including me pen damaging the emerald superstructure, and him nailing me with 4 torps in retribution. Wish i had that replay...

[PHU]
Beta Testers
203 posts
3,604 battles

The few times I've tried the channel run, I've always made it a point to tell everyone on the team I'm about to do something really stupid.  Granted, that's usually a late game Hail Mary try or when the enemy's distracted elsewhere.

Think there's maybe been about a 50% success rate at most, so it's usually a last ditch effort.

[WOLF2]
Members
867 posts
7,019 battles

Now, let's not forget the opposite.   While some may scream at folks going up the middle, I'm just as frustrated with half the team hanging in the cap, close to the opening "just in case they come up the middle".

Flanked on both sides, and half the team is still guarding the gap.

• Funny 1

[PT8TO]
Members
1,402 posts
12,898 battles

Dont watch and copy anyone on you tube.  learn to play your own style of game and you will be better off in any situation.

[REVY]
Members
6,025 posts
5,102 battles

Of course you should charge the center!  The only way to get to Valhalla shiny and chrome is through boldness!  Your cowardly foes will not expect it!

[WFSDL]
Members
610 posts
8,304 battles

About a week and a half ago I was on a team that did it and succeeded, and man was it fun, good team work. It is doable.

[SF-E]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
1,166 posts
13,758 battles
On 4/11/2018 at 4:44 PM, injunmick said:

About a week and a half ago I was on a team that did it and succeeded, and man was it fun, good team work. It is doable.

A blind squirrel gets a nut every now and then. I have two funny videos of the enemy team doing the canal rush, we kill them... then we push the canal with a ship lead. But it's not very advisable. 

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,423 posts
3,367 battles

To be fair you can actually get a decent success "totally worth it!" rate on that if you use a Richelieu or Dunkerque.

[VW]
Members
1,847 posts
12,290 battles

The map is so boring its the only play thats any fun. The real problem is the rest of the team who hangs back to camp while the channel runner(s) tie up a significant portion of the enemy drooling at the mouth. The number of times i’ve gone there and tied up 6 or more ships and my teammates ranted instead of pushing is astounding.

Get rid of two brothers, bring back Ocean!!!

• Cool 1

[ISLA]
Beta Testers
332 posts
7,050 battles

middle channel work but i requires alot to do so. 

1.  you need to see if they split there forces to one side or the othere..

2. have a few ships push one side

3. make sure all the ships have cleared there base

4. make sure no one is spotted going down middle until half the team over there

5 . push on the side from the back where your other force is holding off

6 it does not take half the team to push middle only a few heavy hitter and support.

yep in pubs it does not work alot.  I have a few friends and we team up and we have won the game doing this. it require alot of communication to make it work plus and aggressive red team to push past there cap.

[WOLF5]
Beta Testers
207 posts
2,337 battles

Its like going down the middle of anything, its best to wait a bit and let forces settle to the sides and see also what come out of it first

[PVE]
Members
1,594 posts
6,715 battles

Rather than having WG make them add a disclaimer before every Two Brothers Video, how about we all convince WG to make themselves remove that obnoxious map, then there will not be any more You Tube videos, see, problem solved, in more ways than one.