Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Cit_the_bed

Some ships have more fighter / spotting planes than is possible to launch in 20 minutes.

12 comments in this topic

[ARP3]
Members
377 posts
10,007 battles

Some ships like Montana would take 32-40 minutes to use all of the planes, whilst games are only 20 minutes long.

It would seem that there needs to be some rework of this concept as it's outside the game design parameters, and useless.

A stock Montana needs nearly 30 minutes to launch all five planes.

• Cool 1

Members
2,059 posts
5,097 battles

It's so you can keep getting them shot down. But I agree, the hangers are largely useless. Possibly a pun.

[HINON]
Supertester
18,991 posts
12,488 battles

Historicity. Those ships carried that many planes historically and the cool down periods are game balancing.

• Cool 1

[NGA-B]
Alpha Tester
9,424 posts
3,673 battles

Yea.... if everything was historical they'd bring back the long lance torps.. and not have unhistorical aircraft...etc etc etc.

[ARP3]
Members
377 posts
10,007 battles
1 hour ago, Lert said:

Historicity. Those ships carried that many planes historically and the cool down periods are game balancing.

I'm sure a "historical" plane could fly the entire 20 minutes of the match.

This is just a poorly designed consumable.

[ARP3]
Members
377 posts
10,007 battles
Just now, MidnightShamalan said:

i'm not really seeing why it matters. :cap_hmm:

It's like having torpedoes on a ship that load after 21 minutes. It's pointless and useless. If there's only ever time to fly 5 planes, just cap all ships at 5 planes. Giving a stock ship more planes than can be used is pointless.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,228 posts
8,433 battles

I believe it's a holdover from when the mechanics were different (how, I have no idea). WG knows, but as far as I can tell they have better issues to address?

[RKLES]
Members
7,118 posts
8,767 battles

Technically if you carry the Captain skill that allows you to launch 2 planes at once, Jack of all trades skill, and premium consumable you should get the historical numbers of your planes in the air in a battle if that is your wish.

:Smile_honoring:

[STW-A]
[STW-A]
Beta Testers
113 posts
12,469 battles

And as a cv to get clear skies you need to shot down 50% of all planes in the match. well I guess with the Montana that is 2 planes you will never see. well in reality a BB might only use 2-3 planes in a match. they maybe should add a mechanic where if your plane gets shot down the cd is only 15 seconds to send another one up.

[SIDE]
Members
1,206 posts
8,683 battles
47 minutes ago, Jamesalot_ET said:

And as a cv to get clear skies you need to shot down 50% of all planes in the match. well I guess with the Montana that is 2 planes you will never see. well in reality a BB might only use 2-3 planes in a match. they maybe should add a mechanic where if your plane gets shot down the cd is only 15 seconds to send another one up.

So you could potentially have a plane up spotting torps for you all game. Um...no. It's hard enough at times, launching a torp spread that might hit without those torps being perma-spotted.

[AWP]
Members
780 posts
2,968 battles

I’ve used all spotter planes with SI and premium consumable plenty of times. If you aren’t aggressive, I can see how you can have ones left though. If I see a smoke cloud in the open, if I’m about to go around the side of an island, and if there is smoke between me and enemies firing at me, then I will use it. Most of the time they are shot down pretty quick but they left me get a good salvo off or give me a heads up of ships or toros. The only time I know my spotter stays up the entire time is at the beginning of the match if someone is spotted outside of my range.

Edited by Belyy_Klyk

Sign in to follow this