You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

12 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
44 posts
6,030 battles

The game today has been unplayable due to lag. It wasn't just me. I asked other players and they were experiencing large lag spikes. I was rubber banding so bad I just logged from the game. Today is Tuesday 10 April approx.1115 PM (2315) CST, NA server.

[VIP-2]
Members
804 posts
2,827 battles

A carrier in one of my games about an hour before that mentioned a 1000 ping in chat.

Beta Testers
44 posts
6,030 battles

Just gave it another shot at playing but the outcome was the same. Game is just not playable with this much lag. Is WG going out of business ? Did they forget to pay the server bill ? Did the server call in sick ?

[TF_34]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
339 posts
4,345 battles

whats your average ping? i know my average is 170-230ms, and i havent noticed any more lag spikes (+400ms) than usual over the past few days.

[4HIM]
Members
1,716 posts
3,905 battles

I've noticed a bit more of it since the last patch.  Like a lag spike, but then things go back to normal with 30 - 50 ping.  But I'll get a brief screen freeze.  Been fortunate so far it's not happened when I'm in a knife fight.  So it's more an annoyance than anything.

[DNTZ]
Members
198 posts
11,228 battles

I only see a high ping when the game first starts, then it returns to "normal."

My fps is definitely lower than it was pre-0.7.2.

[ICOP]
Members
785 posts
3,154 battles
8 hours ago, Hauptmanpanzer said:

The game today has been unplayable due to lag. It wasn't just me. I asked other players and they were experiencing large lag spikes. I was rubber banding so bad I just logged from the game. Today is Tuesday 10 April approx.1115 PM (2315) CST, NA server.

I had a similar experience over the weekend, thought it was a hiccup with ISP.

[XBRTC]
Members
1,202 posts
7,185 battles

Yeah. I noticed a few issues this past few days, too. First time since the fix for the FPS patch. Didn't notice anything going bad with my ping (very small letters, hard to see at 4k), but I very definitely saw some lag/hiccups/screen freezes when zooming in / out, and there were ships rubber-banding here and there, too.

Beta Testers
44 posts
6,030 battles

I have tried a few things that were suggested by my buddies, and then went back to play. All seemed to go back to normal. What happened to me, may have been specific to me, but others were experiencing the same or worse than me. I'll get on in a few minutes and see if it was an isolated event or a recurring issue.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

I only experienced this when in Space battles, The rubberband effect in the first min of a given battle.