You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Sventex

MO vs Musashi, have the opinions changed?

59 comments in this topic

[REVY]
Members
6,017 posts
5,102 battles

I'm just wondering if the opinions on the Musashi have changed at all, now that they've been played more.  I bought the MO the day before she was taken down, but I haven't used her yet since I'm flush with credits, so I'm pondering whether or not to try and trade her in.  Bad idea?  Good idea?  Anyone have any opinions?

Members
1,245 posts
20,636 battles

Why would you trade in something you can't get anymore, especially if you don't need credits?

[REVY]
Members
6,017 posts
5,102 battles
7 minutes ago, slokill_1 said:

Why would you trade in something you can't get anymore, especially if you don't need credits?

Because I'm more likely to take my Yamato out into a end tier game then my Iowa, given the nature of the gameplay.  A Musashi is a premium, and I'm on track to earning the Yamamato captain, so I could use a Premium IJN BB in the near future.  With USN BBs, I hardly play them anymore.  I need a practical ship more then I need a port queen, but enough negative reviews steered me away from Musashi, but I'm wondering if that's changed after a few weeks have gone by.

Edited by Sventex

[WOLF6]
Members
300 posts
4,354 battles
17 minutes ago, Sventex said:

I'm just wondering if the opinions on the Musashi have changed at all, now that they've been played more.  I bought the MO the day before she was taken down, but I haven't used her yet since I'm flush with credits, so I'm pondering whether or not to try and trade her in.  Bad idea?  Good idea?  Anyone have any opinions?

You're not gonna get your free xp back , I think you'll likely get the 1 silver you spent initially to buy the Mo if you try to sell her and you'll be SOL . I've got the Mo , I'm grinding the Mushashi and I'll keep both . Having Radar Give's Mo capabilities that no other BB has and you wanna get rid of her without really playing her ?

[TBW]
Members
6,349 posts
11,892 battles

I have both and if you are training captains, I use the daily bonus's on each captains xp having more ships to run your captains in is the key. I work on both lines but my US bb captains I can run in all US bb premiums each day if I play that much. It's great for getting your captains points up. I am working on all ship lines though and not just one or two. I wouldn't sell the Mo for the Mu, just save XP for the Mu. Mo Premiums Mo Betta.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[REVY]
Members
6,017 posts
5,102 battles
1 minute ago, retic1959 said:

You're not gonna get your free xp back , I think you'll likely get the 1 silver you spent initially to buy the Mo if you try to sell her and you'll be SOL . I've got the Mo , I'm grinding the Mushashi and I'll keep both . Having Radar Give's Mo capabilities that no other BB has and you wanna get rid of her without really playing her ?

If I play her in a single battle, I lose my refund potential with WGing support.

Members
1,131 posts
3,141 battles

I'd gladly take your missouri (currently sitting on 2 million credits, and I have 3 non-premium ships in my port).

[REVY]
Members
6,017 posts
5,102 battles
1 minute ago, CarbonButtprint said:

I'd gladly take your missouri (currently sitting on 2 million credits, and I have 3 non-premium ships in my port).

Sure, contact WGing Support, and tell them to give them your Musashi to me, and my MO to you.

[WOLF6]
Members
300 posts
4,354 battles
1 minute ago, Sventex said:

If I play her in a single battle, I lose my refund potential with WGing support.

See what support says then , for me the only acceptable outcome is having both . The Mo has been worth it for me but YMMV .

[REVY]
Members
6,017 posts
5,102 battles
Just now, retic1959 said:

See what support says then , for me the only acceptable outcome is having both . The Mo has been worth it for me but YMMV .

That's a very valid answer.  I could always shoot for having both.  But I've only rebuilt 100k fexp since I made the plunge for the MO.  It could take a year.

Members
1,131 posts
3,141 battles

Sure, contact WGing Support, and tell them to give them your Musashi to me, and my MO to you.

Don't have a musashi :Smile_sad:

[WOLF6]
Members
300 posts
4,354 battles

That's a very valid answer.  I could always shoot for having both.  But I've only rebuilt 100k fexp since I made the plunge for the MO.  It could take a year.

Run Papa Papa on the Mo along with every pennant and camo to boost free xp , The Mo prints more than credits , I'm back up yo 300K free xp already .

[REVY]
Members
6,017 posts
5,102 battles
1 minute ago, retic1959 said:

Run Papa Papa on the Mo along with every pennant and camo to boost free xp , The Mo prints more than credits , I'm back up yo 300K free xp already .

I burned most of my Papa Papa flags, and nearly all of my Ouroboros flags, just to get the MO on the last day.

[XBRTC]
Members
1,201 posts
7,172 battles
7 minutes ago, Sventex said:

But I've only rebuilt 100k fexp since I made the plunge for the MO.  It could take a year.

Jesus, how?!?!?!?! I bought MO a few days before it went away, and since then I've built up about a half-mil. I want to jump from Cleveland to Worcester on day one.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
2,049 posts
9,289 battles

Why not just save up FXP for Musashi. It isn't going anywhere any time soon.

[REVY]
Members
6,017 posts
5,102 battles
3 minutes ago, LT_Rusty_SWO said:

Jesus, how?!?!?!?! I bought MO a few days before it went away, and since then I've built up about a half-mil. I want to jump from Cleveland to Worcester on day one.

I was also in China for 2 weeks and unable to play the game.

[REVY]
Members
6,017 posts
5,102 battles
1 minute ago, Fodder4U said:

Why not just save up FXP for Musashi. It isn't going anywhere any time soon.

It's a fair point, but I'm also noticing that my MO has become a port queen.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
2,049 posts
9,289 battles
Just now, Sventex said:

Things change, meta can change and who knows it may be super fun boat for you in future.

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,627 posts
14,017 battles

I'd say keep Missouri and grind for Musashi.

First and most important reason, Missouri isn't coming back.  There are guys right now that really want her still but can't because they're new players and / or didn't have the FreeXPs to get her in time.

Second, Musashi isn't going anywhere for a while.

Third, possibly down the road you may feel different about Missouri and may want to use her more.

Fourth, Missouri is a "One of a Kind" Battleship.  Credit Printer, Premium Ship, Radar on a Battleship.  I doubt WG is going to replicate that anymore.  They pulled her off the tech tree because of that total package.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 1

[WOLF6]
Members
300 posts
4,354 battles
4 minutes ago, Fodder4U said:

Things change, meta can change and who knows it may be super fun boat for you in future.

The OP hasn't played her yet , IMO the Mo is still one of the best ships in the game but how would one know without playing her .

Members
1,245 posts
20,636 battles

I got both.  I play the Musashi more, because it's fun to see the occasional T7 cream puff with 18.1" rifles.

[REVY]
Members
6,017 posts
5,102 battles
9 minutes ago, retic1959 said:

The OP hasn't played her yet , IMO the Mo is still one of the best ships in the game but how would one know without playing her .

I've played the Iowa enough times to know she isn't the most fun Battleship, nor the best optimized to hunt DDs if she were to use radar.  More often then not, the teams at tier 10 can't even cap a single base, and an Iowa class certain is not going to be able to carry that.  At least 18.1" guns can have a little fun getting some exp before the losing screen appears.

Edited by Sventex

[WOLF6]
Members
300 posts
4,354 battles
4 minutes ago, Sventex said:

I've played the Iowa enough times to know she isn't the most fun Battleship, nor the best optimized to hunt DDs if she were to use radar.  More often then not, the teams at tier 10 can't even cap a single base, and an Iowa class certain is not going to be able to carry that.  At least 18.1" guns can have a little fun getting some exp before the losing screen appears.

The idea is to light up the cap for your DD's and CA's to take out the red DD's and use your guns to deny the area for the red CA's , then use your speed and stealth to get in a flanking position . Sure it doesn't always work but it's so much fun when it does . I rolled in to a cap alongside of a Montana and flipped the switch two DD's and a Minotaur hiding in smoke were dead in a minute . Surprise , Surprise . It's hilarious when that happens .

[TF16B]
Members
8,064 posts
17,019 battles
1 hour ago, Sventex said:

If nothing else; play it in Co-op.

• Cool 2

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,765 posts
1,320 battles
1 hour ago, Sventex said:

You can't get the fxp for Missouri back.  If you sell it, you'll get 1 credit.  Better keep it, and you can generate credits with Missouri by playing her.

As far as Musashi, I've got 480K fxp already built up since mid-February.  Not at all difficult, and I don't play *that* much.

Edited by mavfin87