Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Happy668

Conqueror or Republic?

16 comments in this topic

[WOLF1]
Members
1,986 posts

to farm damage, i tried Paris in space battle, it seems pretty fun starting fires lol, but conqueror got 12 guns instead of 8, so which do you prefer?

Edited by Happy668

[OPG]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,872 posts
10,416 battles

Both are really good

[TEARZ]
[TEARZ]
Beta Testers
310 posts
7,383 battles

Well I think you want to consider which ship truly suits you. That being said I would say that jumping from Lion to Conquerer is the best option because of the craptastic grind on the British BB line. You should want to be free from the horrific  accuracy of the Monarch and Lion. Alsasace is a far better grind in my opinion to tier 10. 

[WOLFB]
Members
1,668 posts
8,063 battles

If your goal is only to farm damage, then go for Conqueror. 

République is really good but spamming only HE will just reduce his great potential. You can farm damage with République but it require more skill than Conqueror.

[WOLF1]
Members
1,986 posts
2 minutes ago, AlcatrazNC said:

If your goal is only to farm damage, then go for Conqueror. 

République is really good but spamming only HE will just reduce his great potential. You can farm damage with République but it require more skill than Conqueror.

what's good about republic?

Members
3,304 posts
8,048 battles

I have Conq but since I play DDs and cruisers so much I hardly play it - I hardly play any of them/BBs. With that being said, every indication I've seen tells me T9 Alsace is the highlight of the line.  I'd be happy to have Alsace for the time being and get the Conq next. YMMV. 

Edited by lemekillmister

[WOLFB]
Members
1,668 posts
8,063 battles
7 minutes ago, Happy668 said:

what's good about republic?

First her AP: Yamato max AP damage is something like 14800. République AP damage is something like 14600. You basically has 200 dmg difference. You don't have Yamato ability to overmatch everything but it the alpha damage is still really strong.

Second : Her accuracy and reload time. Despite having 8 guns when shooting broadside, your accuracy is really good and the reload is about 20 sec with reload mod. It's pretty easy and common to land 10-15k volley against broadside target with 3-6 shells.

Her HE is decent and has good chance to start fire but relying on HE like RN BB does isn't just her playstyle.

Her secondaries are great and also start a good amount of fire.
Speed is normal for a BB

Her armor is pretty thin, making HE spam cruiser kinda annoying but it if you play carefully it's not actually that bad.

I forgot her AA. République AA is amasing but you easily lose module from HE spam 

Edited by AlcatrazNC

[WOLF2]
Members
49 posts
3,561 battles
5 minutes ago, AlcatrazNC said:

First her AP: Yamato max AP damage is something like 14800. République AP damage is something like 14600. You basically has 200 dmg difference. You don't have Yamato ability to overmatch everything but it the alpha damage is still really strong.

Second : Her accuracy and reload time. Despite having 8 guns when shooting broadside, your accuracy is really good and the reload is about 20 sec with reload mod. It's pretty easy and common to land 10-15k volley against broadside target with 3-6 shells.

Her HE is decent and has good chance to start fire but relying on HE like RN BB does isn't just her playstyle.

Her secondaries are great and also start a good amount of fire.
Speed is normal for a BB

Her armor is pretty thin, making HE spam cruiser kinda annoying but it if you play carefully it's not actually that bad.

I forgot her AA. République AA is amasing but you easily lose module from HE spam 

Are you going to lose all your secondary and AA even with the secondary module on? Republique is an easy target for HE spammer, she must be out of secondary and AA half the time, no?

Alpha Tester
1,275 posts
5,789 battles
38 minutes ago, Happy668 said:

to farm damage, i tried Paris in space battle, it seems pretty fun starting fires lol, but conqueror got 12 guns instead of 8, so which do you prefer?

Conq is a fire truck! plus go with 10.8 dection. REplbuic is decent in secondarys or ??????? what ever i used on paris build. THink the faster reload reblucic is a great idea.

[WOLFB]
Members
1,668 posts
8,063 battles
Just now, Elidan123 said:

Are you going to lose all your secondary and AA even with the secondary module on? Republique is an easy target for HE spammer, she must be out of secondary and AA half the time, no?

Like every ship in the game. If you're facing multiple Conqueror+HE spam cruiser, you will eventually lose all your AA and secondaries module.

[VVV]
Beta Testers
799 posts
5,155 battles

I'd go based on play style since they are both very different. However Conqueror is my favorite ship in the game hands down. Playstyle fits me so well in what I want to do and what I enjoy. AKA, Be supportive, Start fires, while still being able to take a hit. She dies quickly when focused by a couple ships at once, due to the nerf to the heal cool down. And she also eats damage. lol So don't expect it to go in brawling alone and come out alive.

I've not made it to the French T10, So I can't say anything about that. However playing the T8 & T9 Germans, though fun - the lack of guns at them tier's really bothered me. So in my opinion, 8 gun's don't seem like fun. That's my opinion of course! 

Both ships would be a great choice!

[WOLF1]
Members
1,986 posts

i already have yamato, i also like to play cruiser alot, like to kite and evade and start fire, i am currently at t9 on german, but i think even if i get GK that's similar to yamato, maybe i want a BB that's more of a heavy cruiser type (i like amagi alot), that's more agile and flexible. i guess i could go for conqueror

Edited by Happy668

[SPTR]
Members
25,690 posts
10,850 battles

Republique plays like an oversized Henri. Kite kite kite but less HE spam and taking AP more into consideration especially agains cruisers at mid to long range combat and broadside BBs.

But when Republique turns on engine boost to flank enemy shipping or to exploit a weakness in the enemy team's map control correctly this Fast BB will take enemy players by suprise.

Conqueror is horrifying ship as we all know by now to anyone who has being on the receiving end of her but once you used up all her mega heals you have to play conservatively thus reducing your input to your team's efforts 

Edited by Rolkatsuki

[SIDE]
Members
1,331 posts

Seen republic wreck a lot of face in randoms.

My conq is a lol fest.

I’d prob do the conq first and then get the republic.

My kurf is tons of fun too

Edited by thebigblue

Sign in to follow this