You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Rocketpacman

Co-Op Players

33 comments in this topic

Members
659 posts
4,243 battles

Are every bit as salty as random ones. I've been dropping into Co-Op to easily complete the Normandie perma-camo missions and I have received more salt and insults over about three days than I've experienced in random games in ages. For asking why a player was going to cap A when the bots were all going to come straight up the middle I was called a [edited] and a [edited]. I was friendly torped by a Nicholas who rather than apologizing or just saying nothing snidely demanded that I learn to dodge his torps (I didn't dodge all his torps because I was turning in against the bot DD's torps) and then told me it was my fault anyway for being aggressive in a battleship (battleships should shoot from the outside of the map apparently). He ended with 15 xp by the way. Who knew that not using your guns in a Nicholas and sailing away from the enemy was not a productive approach?

So the next time someone tells me about how they only play Co-Op because they don't want the toxicity of randoms you'll excuse me if I laugh. There's not the slightest difference. 

Edited by Rocketpacman
  • Bad 1

[NEMO]
[NEMO]
Members
750 posts
6,828 battles

Co-op is the reason I have only 1 karma point.

I have chat disabled and I treat my coop teammates the same as if I was in a random game, never being an annoyance, yet I lose karma...

• Funny 1

Members
1,688 posts
7,230 battles

I did few hours worth of coop battles to complete latest batch of patches, primarily in T10 ships, and no one said a word in all those games.  They were brutally fast and somewhat fun.

[PVE]
Members
8,812 posts
7,241 battles
6 minutes ago, Rocketpacman said:

Are every bit as salty as random ones. I've been dropping into Co-Op to easily complete the Normandie perma-camo missions and I have received more salt and insults over about three days than I've experienced in random games in ages. For asking why a player was going to cap A when the bots were all going to come straight up the middle I was called a [edited] and a [edited]. I was friendly torped by a Nicholas who rather than apologizing or just saying nothing snidely demanded that I learn to dodge his torps (I didn't dodge all his torps because I was turning in against the bot DD's torps) and then told me it was my fault anyway for being aggressive in a battleship (battleships should shoot from the outside of the map apparently). He ended with 15 xp by the way. Who knew that not using your guns in a Nicholas and sailing away from the enemy was not a productive approach?

So the next time someone tells me about how they only play Co-Op because they don't want the toxicity of randoms you'll excuse me if I laugh. There's not the slightest difference. 

I would guess that some of them were PvP players doing the same thing as you. Especially the BB player. If you are not aggressive enough in PvE, you miss the battle. Especially in a USN standard BB. Shooting from the map edge is not a PvE BB main.

• Cool 2

[PVE]
Members
8,812 posts
7,241 battles
1 minute ago, Ramsalot said:

I did few hours worth of coop battles to complete latest batch of patches, primarily in T10 ships, and no one said a word in all those games.  They were brutally fast and somewhat fun.

You don't need teamwork in PvE per se. Some PvE mains do teamwork, but it is not nearly as important as it is in PvP.

In PvE, you can just go for the cap in front of you and unless the bots work in packs, win the game with the players going for all three caps at once.

Members
659 posts
4,243 battles
8 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

I would guess that some of them were PvP players doing the same thing as you. Especially the BB player. If you are not aggressive enough in PvE, you miss the battle. Especially in a USN standard BB. Shooting from the map edge is not a PvE BB main.

Could've been in the case of the Nicholas I suppose but the guy who called me a [edited] and [edited] was a PvE main. 

[NAVY]
Members
999 posts
3,720 battles

You can encounter salt in chat and grievers/trolls in any battle mode in WoWs. 

From my experience though from worst salt to least: Randoms > Ranked > Co-Op > Operations

[WPP]
Members
451 posts
5,072 battles
35 minutes ago, Rocketpacman said:

Is it possible that it's you?  I see salt very rarely in Random or Co-Op.

• Funny 1

Members
3,628 posts
13,419 battles
7 minutes ago, daVinci761st said:

Not just WoWs, but in any and every online game.

Members
659 posts
4,243 battles
4 minutes ago, galspanic said:

Certainly not when I was torped by the Nicholas. Literally said nothing until he started talking to me. And the first time all I did was ask a guy (who announced in chat he was going A) why he was going A. Is that considered rude in Co-Op? 

[NAVY]
Members
999 posts
3,720 battles
4 minutes ago, ReddNekk said:

Not just WoWs, but in any and every online game.

Aye. That is true.

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
1,710 posts
9,402 battles

I will just go on and keep playing

but if I am in a dd, I would smoke for my ally BB and try to extend the smoke and then do the spotting for them. I would engaged the bot dd and take them out first, but speed boost to get in their face first, this will not let eat torp .. and yadilahdilag ... yala tya talyala and earned me karma points. In one Co-op I did, in Clemson I got 3 karma pts and took out 6 bots

[NAVY]
Members
999 posts
3,720 battles
12 minutes ago, galspanic said:

I don't know for sure, but I don't think it is him. I've encountered salty players in co-op before.

I had a match earlier today in which a Kongo BB player on our team emptied a full broadside into me to start the game. I asked him why he did that, and he responded me that he shoots DD players anytime he sees them because he cannot stand DDs followed by several minutes tirading over "crappy" DD players stealing his kills and ruining his experience with WoWs.

I do think you encouter it less often, but you can still run into jack hats in co-op.

Edited by daVinci761st
  • Cool 1

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
583 posts
9,214 battles

You'll run into this issue anywhere you go and I've encountered these types more than a few times myself.  If I can afford to, I'll leave them high and dry and let the bots "do the work for me".  Most of the times, they do. :Smile_trollface:

Usually I get a laugh out of it though. :Smile_Default:

Members
659 posts
4,243 battles
1 minute ago, Volron said:

You'll run into this issue anywhere you go and I've encountered these types more than a few times myself.  If I can afford to, I'll leave them high and dry and let the bots "do the work for me".  Most of the times, they do. :Smile_trollface:

Usually I get a laugh out of it though. :Smile_Default:

I'm not complaining. I have a very high tolerance for what random people will say and do on the Internet and I found both incidents funny. Just thought it was amusing given how PvE is often held up as this paragon of good comradeship that based on my past few days there seem to be just as many salty [edited] there as in randoms. 

[INTEL]
Members
8,409 posts
25,237 battles
46 minutes ago, Ramsalot said:

Same experience. Coop games are relaxed most of the time and the other players are usually pretty social. There are several clans that are predominantly coop, like FACT, and their people are really nice.

[VOP]
Members
329 posts
6,760 battles
9 minutes ago, ObiwankzKenobi said:

but if I am in a dd, I would smoke for my ally BB and try to extend the smoke and then do the spotting for them. I would engaged the bot dd and take them out first,

^This 100%. Despite what you all might think, we co-op mains actually do play to the objectives of the game. We don't sit in back and hide like all of the PVP mains we see entering and playing co-op now. PVP'rs spam torping from max distance as well or into melee when you are knife fighting is fun too. :Smile_facepalm: Especially when you need to choose which torps to turn into. Last week I got team killed by a PVP'r who was sniping at long range in a BB. Never even apologized. Always Fun and Engaging. :Smile_amazed:

[LWA]
Members
604 posts
8,725 battles

I just type in "Leroy Jenkins" in chat and go up the middle to slug it out with bots.....loads of fun for me, especially in a german BB.

[PVE]
Members
8,812 posts
7,241 battles
51 minutes ago, Rocketpacman said:

Could've been in the case of the Nicholas I suppose but the guy who called me a [edited] and [edited] was a PvE main. 

42 minutes ago, daVinci761st said:

From my experience though from worst salt to least: Randoms > Ranked > Co-Op > Operations

:Smile_great:

24 minutes ago, daVinci761st said:

I don't know for sure, but I don't think it is him. I've encountered salty players in co-op before.

I had a match earlier today in which a Kongo BB player on our team emptied a full broadside into me to start the game. I asked him why he did that, and he responded me that he shoots DD players anytime he sees them because he cannot stand DDs followed by several minutes tirading over "crappy" DD players stealing his kills and ruining his experience with WoWs.

I do think you encouter it less often, but you can still run into jack hats in co-op.

:Smile_great:

16 minutes ago, Rocketpacman said:

I'm not complaining. I have a very high tolerance for what random people will say and do on the Internet and I found both incidents funny. Just thought it was amusing given how PvE is often held up as this paragon of good comradeship that based on my past few days there seem to be just as many salty [edited] there as in randoms. 

There are the occasional jerks.  But I have seen about the same number of PvE jerks in ~4,300 PvE battles as I have seen PvP jerks in ~600 PvP battles.

• Cool 1

[SEOP]
Members
1,286 posts

they cant win against the living and than find out they can't win against mere BoTs.  I'd be salty too...

[TDRB]
Members
950 posts
3,626 battles

I ignore chat. But I play with my son and he loves to return the grief so me & Davy Jones read the chat. If I was 1/1000th as good as many seem to think they are I would top the charts every month. Yes, I get irritated, especially when  I either damage people charging in front of me or take a torpedo or 4. I wish WOWS would stop requiring sinking ships to complete a missions. Haven't we all had battle where we performed very well but the kills went to someone else.

[B2P]
[B2P]
Beta Testers
132 posts
6,943 battles

It has nothing to do with the missions since you do experience them no matter what mission event is running.

Coop (just like any mode) has it's fair share of bad apples and these players are your typical bad players with behavior issues that don't do well in Random (or any other PvP game mode), but are very cocky with an ego believing they're an expert with every ship in the game. They also abuse the report system as well, down voting anyone they don't agree with for various of reasons. Especially when you hard carry everyone with the majority of bot kills and make top score, making them look like a fool and even more foolish with their so-called "expert" nonsense. :cap_haloween::Smile_popcorn:

[PVE]
Members
159 posts
4,947 battles
54 minutes ago, db4100 said:

I just type in "Leroy Jenkins" in chat and go up the middle to slug it out with bots.....loads of fun for me, especially in a german BB.

Slow german battleships have a hard time getting in range ;(

[PVE]
Members
5,305 posts
17,730 battles
2 hours ago, Rocketpacman said:

Well in Domination mode, the bots don't come "straight up the middle". They do that in Standard battle, otherwise they split up and go for caps. In Domination, they tend to follow the lowest health point ship, generally a DD or CA even when that ship isn't spotted. Ignoring caps in PvE is stupid, you get almost as much xp for a cap as you would sinking a ship. Honestly most co-op players ignore stupid comments in chat. We figure the dumber the fellow human players are, the more xp for us to farm. Big problem has been the influx of PvP players recently to complete missions. Normally not a bad thing, they usually camp in the back or flee to the flanks so there is more xp to farm, but that comes with the cost of nasty comments in chat. 

• Cool 1