You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Unholy_Stench

Report/Compliment Poll

In game - Which do you do more?  

96 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you find yourself doing more during/after a match?

• Compliment
    • Neither
    • About the same
    • Bacon

27 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
1,568 posts
3,893 battles

Poll needs two more options:

1) Neither

2) Roughly the same amount of each

Is also missing the implied 'Bacon' option.

[SF-A]
Members
2,845 posts
5,547 battles

I report more often. I'll report AFKs (as AFK), deliberate TK's (we're talking the guy who manually drops TBs on his teammate here, not stupidly aimed torps), and those who reveal allied positions.

On the other hand, I report one or two at a time, whereas if I compliment, I dump a whole bunch on someone.

[WDS]
Members
342 posts
6,871 battles

I never report for bad play unless team killer I compliment though . I'm not good enough to report bad play .

• Cool 1

[DIEBL]
Members
1,413 posts
14,179 battles

I give more comps for sure but I am sure what I say in chat gets me lots of reports lol

• Funny 1

[-AVA-]
Members
136 posts
7,164 battles

It is a flawed and meaningless system prone to whimsical abuse so is there any good reason to care one way or the other? On the other hand, you can never go wrong with bacon.

• Cool 1

[NAVY]
Members
999 posts
3,720 battles

I compliment players who play well and are the top players on the team or that are helpful.

The only time I report players if they purposefully TK, cause team damage or use racial slurs.

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
Members
5,881 posts
2,193 battles

I compliment much more often than I report, but Bacon because it doesn't matter.

[WOLF2]
Members
90 posts
10,104 battles

We all know the reporting system is a joke to give the illusion of handling issues in game while really just letting the bots and T/Ker's to continue to play while dropping $$ in the bank...all games have meaningless "policing".

[CK5]
Members
780 posts
6,177 battles

Even though I think the report feature is widely abused and meaningless as a way to police player behavior, I will use it for especially bad play and/or taunting in chat.  OTOH, I very consciously compliment good play as well.  

Edited by PrairiePlayer

Members
3,406 posts
6,067 battles

I don't do enough compliments but I have a hard time remembering who around me helped a lot.

[SEOP]
Members
1,286 posts

over the last couple months or so I try to make an effort to compliment players that clearly have drug a team on their back(s) for an entire match.  Mostly for folks that have the gumption to never give up regardless of what seems to be happening in a match.  I love the folks that persist even when the odds are stacked heavily against them. 

conversely I have about zero respect or tolerance for the folks that drive off into a map corner and whine about how a match can't be won -- so I'm going home to cry.  man I hate that cr@p.  

Edited by Dr_Dirt

Members
80 posts
4,694 battles

I compliment occasionally, but why not more?  If someone played well, or is supportive, don't they deserve it?  It only takes a mouse click.

[SEOP]
Members
1,286 posts
2 minutes ago, Unholy_Stench said:

I compliment occasionally, but why not more?  If someone played well, or is supportive, don't they deserve it?  It only takes a mouse click.

I guess applying salt is easier than applying sugar for pixel warriors.  but yeah -- its just a click away and a lot of players I play with deserve the credit.  

Edited by Dr_Dirt

Members
126 posts
303 battles

I pretty much always run out of compliments before I’ve reached my third container of the day, and whenever possible I’ll let team chat know I’m complimenting so-and-so. I think public recognition means a little more than a +1 boost to karma.

Reports, not so much. I don’t report AFK players, simply because I don’t know the reasons and I’ve had situations arise in my own life that put WOWS on the back burner. Team Kills get reported, of course, and anything beyond merely salty, such as racism, for example. Thankfully, that stuff is pretty rare. Plain old ranting and raving, I just ignore that stuff. It doesn’t impact my gaming experience at all and any response, even a report, is usually more than it deserves.

• Cool 1

[TURDS]
Members
552 posts
3,604 battles
1 hour ago, GuntherPrein said:

I give more comps for sure but I am sure what I say in chat gets me lots of reports lol

lol yep. Just lost a karma point for'losing it' after someone waa-waa'd and started asking 'teammates' to report me, in Operations, for crying out loud!? I snapped. I missed picking up the Shchors (Russian version of Leeroy Jenkins). I also had six kills 4CA and 2 DD so I was doing the job a Leander should.  Wasn't good enough for someone.

I give out a compliment on average every other game. Reporting only the worst of the worst, like it matters much in the grand scheme.

Edited by Curly__san
spelling

[-AGW-]
Members
633 posts
9,294 battles

I think I reported bad behaviour once. Reporting poor play? That seems redundant. I do compliment though.

[-POI-]
Members
61 posts
2,728 battles

I try to do as much complimenting as reporting but I think the system is abused. I can have a great game where I try to help others yet I get reported out of the blue after the same match. For what, I have no idea. It's a little hard sometimes to take that with a grain of salt. 

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

I have stopped any karma good or bad the system is FLAWED. Why Participate? It is truly worthless addition to WoWs. 

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,557 posts
14,005 battles

I tend to play enough where I burn my entire daily compliment of 11 or so +/-1 karma each.

You have to be spectacularly stupid in your play to have me -1 you from a match.  That or showing extraordinary cowardice.

I'm pretty liberal with +1 karma.  I have a simple rule of 1500 BaseXP in the Team Scores page of my team where I'll issue the karma.  But sometimes I see someone doing something critical at the right time to get the team the win, but their final BaseXP doesn't quite show that.  He may have been doing poorly, or even just average the entire match, but he made the correct action at the crucial time, and I'll give that karma out.  I've sometimes even PM'd guys afterwards to emphasize that their correct action won the game for the team.

[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
1,446 posts
6,370 battles

I compliment players more than report. Personally WG should do away with negative reporting, cause used for stupid reason's.
Just keep compliments / positive reports. Not getting a compliment would act same as a negative report, with regards to
your karma status. No compliment, no karma lost or gained. It would just stagnate, until the next time you where complimented.

[MIA-A]
Members
1,939 posts
6,549 battles

I report people for chat when they deserve it.

I almost never report players after the game but often compliment.