You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Snipereagle23

[RANT] I Am So Sick And Tired Of This Game!

74 comments in this topic

[GLORY]
Members
194 posts
1,802 battles

Yeah, so...

I have been playing this game since early 2016, and without a doubt, it's the best game I've ever played. HOWEVER: This game is the single LEAST stable game I have on my hard-drive, and that includes about 10 games on Steam. 

Now, I have always been a Mac user, and always will. Unfortunately, this game is so unstable, ANY match I play ends up in a game crash or freeze. I lose credits each game and always get reported for in-activity. 

When WG released the Mac wrapper 2.0, I thought: Hallelujah, all the problems are fixed!!

Surprise surprise, they weren't. I tried an upgrade to the 2.0 wrapper, I've tried clean installs, I've used the Studly utility.. All which didn't do anything for me. 

So I gave up on the game. I really wish I didn't need too, but I did. I missed all the friends who play with me in the game, (real life or otherwise,) and I missed the game's ocean atmosphere. I have yet to find a stable solution.

Now, because I gave up on WoWs I went to play WoT, but there was the new customization mechanics, which just proved to me more that the game was pay to win, and then there was update 1.0.  (I will get to that in a minute)

I have invested over $100 in WoT. I've bought premium time, an M4A1 Rev, I have gold, I have a T7 combat Car, an M22 Locust, etc. 

But then update 1.0 came along. Before that update, I could run WoT at 40/60 FPS at Max graphics with no problems. Then 1.0 comes along and forces me to play on low. Everything looks dull, awful, and overall gives me a horrific game experience. The maps are unfamiliar, the new graphics mean I can barely spot the enemy, I constantly get shot, it's awful. Now I run WoT at 10/20 FPS on Medium graphics, and it STILL looks awful. Nice going WG. Nice going. :cap_like:

So, Gaijin now gets MY business. I have given up on WG and their awful Mac gamer support. I am now playing War Thunder and probably will not return until these issues are fixed. WG, you better be happy, because I've bought a hell of a lot of stuff over the last 2 years. 

Sincerely but without regrets,

-Sniper 

Edited by Snipereagle23
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 1

Alpha Tester
4,715 posts
2,408 battles

Two things.

1: This is why I bought a PC.

2: 

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[GLORY]
Members
194 posts
1,802 battles

Here are some Topics/posts with my problems:

[GLORY]
Members
194 posts
1,802 battles
1 minute ago, 1Sherman said:

Two things.

1: This is why I bought a PC.

2: 

I will never buy a PC. EVER. I have experienced problems with PCs that I wish were non-existant. Even though I can't play this game, I will NEVER,

EVER, buy a PC. EVER. 

• Boring 4

[WOSV]
Members
324 posts
2,075 battles

Well, hate to break it to you, but Mac's suck for gaming. PC is the way. 

1 minute ago, Snipereagle23 said:

I will never buy a PC. EVER. I have experienced problems with PCs that I wish were non-existant. Even though I can't play this game, I will NEVER,

EVER, buy a PC. EVER. 

And such problems were..? You can't just throw out that kind of toxicity and vitriol without context.

• Cool 5
  • Bad 1

[HINON]
Members
8,836 posts

One of the devs was looking for mac wrapper problems, you might want to talk there even though this isn't an officially supported system.

Edited by RipNuN2
  • Cool 1

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
6,043 battles
2 minutes ago, Snipereagle23 said:

EVER, buy a PC. EVER. 

Not sure if just trolling...

You do know Apple and none Apple computers have been using the same hardwares for more than a decade now? There's no difference between Mac and none Mac. 

The constant crashes you are experiencing might simply be [edited] Macs running too hot, a common problem - and because Macs were not built to do this kind of heavy duty work constantly.

• Cool 2

[HINON]
[HINON]
Beta Testers
5,913 posts
5,210 battles

I'm just wondering why steam games would be particularly unstable?

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,765 posts
1,320 battles
6 minutes ago, NeutralState said:

You do know Apple and none Apple computers have been using the same hardwares for more than a decade now? There's no difference between Mac and none Mac. 

The constant crashes you are experiencing might simply be [edited] Macs running too hot, a common problem - and because Macs were not built to do this kind of heavy duty work constantly.

You can run World of Warships on the Mac hardware on Windows 10 (I do it all the time), and it works fine.  It's not the hardware.  It's the [edited] wrapper they use for the Mac version.

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,165 posts
8,772 battles

Someone correct me if I am wrong but isn't the Mac Wrapper not officially supported the same as the "Official" mod pack? Also complains about pay to win in WoT and goes to WT? Unless things have changed their premium vehicles are so insanely OP'd that they make the Nikolai look under powered.

As Mavfin87 said, play it in W10.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,223 posts
8,406 battles
30 minutes ago, NeutralState said:

The problem isn't that the hardware is or isn't the same, it's that you need to jump through hoops to run WoWS on OSX (aka the wrapper) and that can cause issues. If we were to run Windows natively on his Mac he probably wouldn't have nearly as many issues assuming it's not a super ancient machine.

• Cool 2

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
1,322 posts
14,695 battles
6 minutes ago, pikohan said:

The problem isn't that the hardware is or isn't the same, it's that you need to jump through hoops to run WoWS on OSX (aka the wrapper) and that can cause issues. If we were to run Windows natively on his Mac he probably wouldn't have nearly as many issues assuming it's not a super ancient machine.

Dual boot here ya go!

[1NJS]
Members
422 posts
1 hour ago, Snipereagle23 said:

Yeah, so...

I have been playing this game since early 2016, and without a doubt, it's the best game I've ever played. HOWEVER: This game is the single LEAST stable game I have on my hard-drive, and that includes about 10 games on Steam. 

Now, I have always been a Mac user, and always will. Unfortunately, this game is so unstable, ANY match I play ends up in a game crash or freeze. I lose credits each game and always get reported for in-activity. 

When WG released the Mac wrapper 2.0, I thought: Hallelujah, all the problems are fixed!!

Surprise surprise, they weren't. I tried an upgrade to the 2.0 wrapper, I've tried clean installs, I've used the Studly utility.. All which didn't do anything for me. 

So I gave up on the game. I really wish I didn't need too, but I did. I missed all the friends who play with me in the game, (real life or otherwise,) and I missed the game's ocean atmosphere. I have yet to find a stable solution.

Now, because I gave up on WoWs I went to play WoT, but there was the new customization mechanics, which just proved to me more that the game was pay to win, and then there was update 1.0.  (I will get to that in a minute)

I have invested over $100 in WoT. I've bought premium time, an M4A1 Rev, I have gold, I have a T7 combat Car, an M22 Locust, etc. 

But then update 1.0 came along. Before that update, I could run WoT at 40/60 FPS at Max graphics with no problems. Then 1.0 comes along and forces me to play on low. Everything looks dull, awful, and overall gives me a horrific game experience. The maps are unfamiliar, the new graphics mean I can barely spot the enemy, I constantly get shot, it's awful. Now I run WoT at 10/20 FPS on Medium graphics, and it STILL looks awful. Nice going WG. Nice going. :cap_like:

So, Gaijin now gets MY business. I have given up on WG and their awful Mac gamer support. I am now playing War Thunder and probably will not return until these issues are fixed. WG, you better be happy, because I've bought a hell of a lot of stuff over the last 2 years. 

Sincerely but without regrets,

-Sniper 

Sorry to hear that. I just got a brand new pc and this looks amazing

• Cool 1

[SF-A]
Members
2,848 posts
5,548 battles

@Snipereagle23

Go ahead, take a break. Come back in a while though, and see if you like the changes that will have happened. Sometime soon U.S. cruisers will split, Italian cruisers will be added, and a bunch of new premiums will arrive. Balance changes happen every patch, and someday we'll see balanced CVs. Maybe as a bonus the game will be better optimized for your machine.

Have fun in the meantime though, and good luck!

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[JKSDF]
[JKSDF]
Members
1,601 posts
2,491 battles

A part of your issue is the fact your using a Mac-

I’m not very good with computers but I know running games on a Mac is hell, even worst then whatever problems you can get on PC.

and I’m pretty sure, War Thunder isn’t exactly the best for a Mac either, i do believe the requirements to run it are much higher then WOWS or WOT.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Beta Testers
1,819 posts
10,731 battles
58 minutes ago, Praxz said:

mac.jpeg.ff2bd2be02698303828e8c04ef1cf02e.jpeg

What's a computer?

[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,488 posts
6,657 battles

If you can afford a Mac, you can afford a low end pc that will do a better job of running 90% of online games in your dank game cave, while your mac decorates the living room and impresses visitors.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[XBRTC]
Members
1,199 posts
7,163 battles

Huh. WoWs runs fine on my MacBook Pro. No problems at all.

On the other hand, I hardly ever bother with gaming on the Mac. It's just so much more rewarding on PC.

• Cool 1

Members
567 posts
75 battles
1 hour ago, Snipereagle23 said:

Now, I have always been a Mac user, and always will.  

"Now I always try to fit square pegs in round holes, and I always will." 

I'm a reciprocating saw user, but that doesn't mean I'll use it when trying to make a clean rip cut. 

It takes a very special person to use the wrong tool for the job and demonstrate the extreme lack of awareness necessary to blame others. Macs are not gaming machines less because of the hardware and entirely because of the software (especially the operating system and the fact that gaming companies do not write their code optimally for Macs,  if at all). 

Trying to play games on a Mac is like using chopsticks to eat a 22oz bone-in ribeye. 

Why are there so many forumites whining about crap that is entirely their own doing? Do they not have a muscle in their brain that goes off and tells them that what they are posting is embarrassing?

• Cool 2

[GLORY]
Members
194 posts
1,802 battles
On 4/10/2018 at 7:18 PM, Praxz said:

Spoiler

mac.jpeg.ff2bd2be02698303828e8c04ef1cf02e.jpeg

I completely do not think I know everything about computers. Never said that.

Edited by Snipereagle23
  • Boring 2

[GLORY]
Members
194 posts
1,802 battles
Just now, A_Crying_Hipster said:

"Now I always try to fit square pegs in round holes, and I always will." 

I'm a reciprocating saw user, but that doesn't mean I'll use it when trying to make a clean rip cut. 

It takes a very special person to use the wrong tool for the job and demonstrate the extreme lack of awareness necessary to blame others. Macs are not gaming machines less because of the hardware and entirely because of the software (especially the operating system and the fact that gaming companies do not write their code optimally for Macs,  if at all). 

Trying to play games on a Mac is like using chopsticks to eat a 22oz bone-in ribeye. 

Why are there so many forumites whining about crap that is entirely their own doing? Do they not have a muscle in their brain that goes off and tells them that what they are posting is embarrassing?

So what you're saying is that I'm braindead? 

All I know is that I have had awful experiences with PCs, and it's okay for everyone to have their own opinion. 

• Boring 1

[GLORY]
Members
194 posts
1,802 battles
35 minutes ago, Submarine_Albacore said:

A part of your issue is the fact your using a Mac-

I’m not very good with computers but I know running games on a Mac is hell, even worst then whatever problems you can get on PC.

and I’m pretty sure, War Thunder isn’t exactly the best for a Mac either, i do believe the requirements to run it are much higher then WOWS or WOT.

Yup. I wish Macs were better gaming computers :/ 

War Thunder is better than all the WG titles. It runs at a stable 30 FPS on medium settings, which looks more vibrant than WoT when I'm playing that, and it has never crashed on me. 

• Boring 1

[GLORY]
Members
194 posts
1,802 battles
40 minutes ago, pewpewpew42 said:

@Snipereagle23

Go ahead, take a break. Come back in a while though, and see if you like the changes that will have happened. Sometime soon U.S. cruisers will split, Italian cruisers will be added, and a bunch of new premiums will arrive. Balance changes happen every patch, and someday we'll see balanced CVs. Maybe as a bonus the game will be better optimized for your machine.

Have fun in the meantime though, and good luck!

THANK you for being the ONLY nice person here. God. 

• Cool 1