Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Belthorian

Adjustment for the Missouri

41 comments in this topic

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,207 posts
5,669 battles

It is not a big problem but when I hit the border in the Missouri it takes several minutes to get off the border. I have the rudder locked hard to port and the engines at flank speed and it takes FOREVER. Meanwhile, I am getting crucified in chat for being a border humper. I apologize and let them know it was an accident. On just about every other ship if I hit the wall I can quickly get off it in a few seconds. I already know what the response is going to be to this thread, don't hit the wall potato. Sometimes I lose focus or run into it maneuvering to avoid torpedos, etc. The Missouri is the only ship that this seems to happen to.

I don't know if this can be fixed.

Edited by Belthorian

[SSBN]
[SSBN]
Members
293 posts
4,947 battles

Yea you get your manueverability penalized for getting on the border

Members
2,156 posts
4,848 battles

when you hit the border, it's quicker to turn around than it is to reverse. your momentum doesn't completely stop right away.

edit: dunno if that was your problem, i was just thinking out loud.

Edited by MidnightShamalan

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

I have hit the wall in my GK, I find it hard to get off as well but I learned a quick trick when it does happen. 

When you see your in the wall turn the ship so the movement is going in the same direction your steering, the momentum of your ship usually will dictate the direction you need to steer.

Going against the momentum slows your ship and makes you a better target.

Yes sometimes the momentum has you turning back into the fray,but at least your moving faster and can still fire your guns at any advancing enemy.

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,207 posts
5,669 battles
19 minutes ago, EyE_dYe_QuIck said:

don't hit the wall potato

lol told you

Members
17,784 posts
5,084 battles
53 minutes ago, Belthorian said:

On just about every other ship if I hit the wall I can quickly get off it in a few seconds. 

Do you have any other T9+ BBs?

There's a big difference in turning from T8 to T9 for BBs.

Edited by Skpstr

[WOLF5]
Members
1,495 posts
2,050 battles

The MO takes forever to turn anyway. It's only worse with the power reduction from hitting the border. It will take a while to get turned around.

The bigger question, is why are you hitting the border so much in the MO? No ship should be played so that you consistently hit the border. Every once in a while it happens. But if you're consistently hitting the wall, you need to re-adjust your playstyle.

Simple answer is, don't hit the border.

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,294 battles
1 hour ago, Belthorian said:

It is not a big problem but when I hit the border in the Missouri it takes several minutes to get off the border. I have the rudder locked hard to port and the engines at flank speed and it takes FOREVER. Meanwhile, I am getting crucified in chat for being a border humper. I apologize and let them know it was an accident. On just about every other ship if I hit the wall I can quickly get off it in a few seconds. I already know what the response is going to be to this thread, don't hit the wall potato. Sometimes I lose focus or run into it maneuvering to avoid torpedos, etc. The Missouri is the only ship that this seems to happen to.

This isn't limited to the Missouri.  It'll happen to ANY BB that hits the border and is unable to quickly get off.

Right now, a problem that I have with the border is that it's soooooooooo damned hard to see it.  IMO, the border line needs to be much easier to see.

Also, it would be nice if there was a collision warning for the border, same as if you were about to hit an island or another ship.  

Edited by Crucis
  • Cool 1

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
3 minutes ago, Crucis said:

This isn't limited to the Missouri.  It'll happen to ANY BB that hits the border and is unable to quickly get off.

Right now, a problem that I have with the border is that it's soooooooooo damned hard to see it.  IMO, the border line needs to be much easier to see.

Also, it would be nice if there was a collision warning for the border, same as if you were about to hit an island or another ship.

This is Gold^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Members
17,784 posts
5,084 battles
15 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Although, it would probably be like the island alert.

In a BB, it doesn't so much warn you that you're in danger of hitting an island, as it alerts the crew to get their beach blankets ready, because you will hit an island.....:Smile_teethhappy:

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,294 battles
5 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

In a BB, it doesn't so much warn you that you're in danger of hitting an island, as it alerts the crew to get their beach blankets ready, because you will hit an island.....:Smile_teethhappy:

Which is, IMO, why the collision warning needs to occur further away from the island in question (or the border).  A collision alarm that doesn't give you time to avoid what needs avoiding is rather pointless.

• Cool 1

[SIMP]
Members
818 posts
8,232 battles
4 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

The alarm can be...

Shore Leave Imminent!!

Shore Leave Imminent!!

Lol

• Funny 1

Members
3,635 posts
13,459 battles

If one is closer to the zones that one's team must cap/defend, one wouldn't be anywhere near the map edge (which doesn't need defending/capping) and therefore, wouldn't have this problem.

[VIP-2]
Members
804 posts
2,827 battles

I have a varying amount of situational awarness, but i only hit the map border like every 50 games, and 1 out of 4 times it is intentional. These are usually loosing games and i am using it to impede the aim of the pursuing ships. Of course in higher tiers this is less useful, as most of those players can counter that effect.

Members
3,296 posts
7,973 battles
2 hours ago, Belthorian said:

It sounds as if this is something you do often with Missouri. Have you ever considered the possibility that neither the ship nor the border are the problem? 

Members
17,784 posts
5,084 battles
1 hour ago, ReddNekk said:

If one is closer to the zones that one's team must cap/defend, one wouldn't be anywhere near the map edge (which doesn't need defending/capping) and therefore, wouldn't have this problem.

If one's teammates didn't cluelessly YOLO into the cap and get slaughtered, one wouldn't end up trying to kite half the enemy team just to cover their repair costs.

You never know why somebody gets caught on the border.

• Cool 1

[WOLFB]
Members
1,658 posts
8,045 battles

Usually hitting the border means you're way too much passive, except on some map like the new Tears of Desert when you spawn South and try to support C, you don't have much room to manoeuver and you may hit the border of the map.

But still if you're hitiing the border too often, you need to reconsider your playstyle

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,207 posts
5,669 battles
15 hours ago, AJTP89 said:

The MO takes forever to turn anyway. It's only worse with the power reduction from hitting the border. It will take a while to get turned around.

The bigger question, is why are you hitting the border so much in the MO? No ship should be played so that you consistently hit the border. Every once in a while it happens. But if you're consistently hitting the wall, you need to re-adjust your playstyle.

Simple answer is, don't hit the border.

It is almost ALWAYS on the map Trap. I will usually go A to clear it and then push into B. While maneuvering in and around A I always seem to hit the damn wall.

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,207 posts
5,669 battles
11 hours ago, AlcatrazNC said:

Usually hitting the border means you're way too much passive, except on some map like the new Tears of Desert when you spawn South and try to support C, you don't have much room to manoeuver and you may hit the border of the map.

But still if you're hitiing the border too often, you need to reconsider your playstyle

lol nobody would ever confuse me in a BB with being passive. I am that BB that supports DD's pushing into caps. The only time I ever hit the wall is when a cap point is close to the border and I am trying to maneuver.

Edited by Belthorian

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,207 posts
5,669 battles
13 hours ago, lemekillmister said:

It sounds as if this is something you do often with Missouri. Have you ever considered the possibility that neither the ship nor the border are the problem? 

I know that I am the reason I hit the wall, it is rare but I hit it the other day in the Lyon and I almost bounced off it and the time I spent on the wall was probably less than ten seconds. If I would have been in the Missouri I would have been there for three minutes. My playstyle is throttle wide open constantly maneuvering, usually in an S pattern to throw off enemy aim. The Missouri is so damn fast it is easy to not realize how close you are to the wall before it is to late to miss it.

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,207 posts
5,669 battles
13 hours ago, ReddNekk said:

The times I run into the mall are on the map Trap. A is in fact pretty close to the wall, when pushing that cap it is easy to hit the wall.

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,207 posts
5,669 battles
13 hours ago, CylonRed said:

Keep an eye on the minimap - the border should NOT be a surprise at all.

I suck at multitasking and I have a nasty habit of tunnel vision, trying to maneuver to get that devastating strike on the cruiser giving me a perfect broadside. I know it is my fault, I just wish the Missouri reacted better when hitting the wall. It is not something that happens a lot. It has happened twice on the map Trap. I just remember it very well for how long it took to get off the map. I was dead before I could get off it.

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,207 posts
5,669 battles
14 hours ago, Crucis said:

I hit the wall the other day in the Lyon, the French T-7 and it almost bounced off the wall. I was able to get off the wall in less than 10 seconds. When that happened it made me think of the idea of posting this thread.

Sign in to follow this