You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
JackBinary

So... when is this going to get fixed?

36 comments in this topic

Members
60 posts
1,059 battles

He's not alone. It happens to me occasionally. Mainly on the weekends when more people are playing. Server just doesn't seem to be able to handle things. If it is going on during the week, you might want to try this program. It's free and works pretty well:

http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/iobit_game_booster.html

If you have a bunch of crap running in the background, you might not even know about it. This program shuts down anti-virus, Java updating, Windows updating, and all kinds of junk. When you exit the game it all starts back up. There are more complex programs similar to this, but this one works on the K.I.S.S.principle.

After spending the past 4 years doing IT support for homes and small businesses, I recommend strongly against running anything from IObit on your computer. 

Members
242 posts
655 battles
22 hours ago, Deputy276 said:

He's not alone. It happens to me occasionally. Mainly on the weekends when more people are playing. Server just doesn't seem to be able to handle things. If it is going on during the week, you might want to try this program. It's free and works pretty well:

http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/iobit_game_booster.html

If you have a bunch of crap running in the background, you might not even know about it. This program shuts down anti-virus, Java updating, Windows updating, and all kinds of junk. When you exit the game it all starts back up. There are more complex programs similar to this, but this one works on the K.I.S.S.principle.

I was struggling with my system fighting me but not being able to see where (just had lots of stuttering in this and Fortnite with no changes totally out of the blue) if I run into it again, I'll give this a shot, thanks. 

Supertester
3,004 posts
10,057 battles

Without specs on the PC('s), as there seems to be a few people having problems here on different levels, there's not a whole lot that can be said outside of what Lert and a couple of others have suggested. Though downloading a program to "boost" a poorly performing PC, in my humble opinion, is not the way to go. I know a long time ago, can't recall the patches, but even I was having the FPS/stuttering problem in the game and I run an i7-6700k, Geforce 980ti with 32gb of DDR4. I worked with tech support for around 3 weeks if I recall and come to find out, there was an unknown memory leak "somewhere" within the game, which a mini-patch fixed eventually.

With that said though, have you checked the DxDiag to see any glaring issues? When you updated your GPU drivers, did you just do an express update or did you do an actual "clean" update? If you're unsure about a clean update, the clean update will thoroughly remove any and all previous drivers before installing the new one. This ensures no possible conflicts between the two (sometimes it happens). Have you performed a Memory Check? Checked the HDD/SDD for errors? Ensured the Bios is up to date?

As funny as it sounds, ensured no conflicts with any Windows updates being patched? Speaking of, don't even know which Windows you're on as 7 and 8 aren't even supported (mainstream) anymore. They are still supported with security updates and Windows 8 is covered under "Extended Support" if someone opted into that with their purchase.

When was the last time you reset the Router and Modem? Have you checked the software on them?

Not being all fanboyish, but I've seen the server upwards of 20k on the NA and over it on the EU and haven't had a loading issue like this. I am not saying that anyone here hasn't, nor hasn't had issues with dropping, fps, etc. What I am saying though is that someone seemed to insinuate that WG's servers couldn't handle that kind of load on them. If that were the case, you would see a lot of posts like these on not only these forums, but the EU forums would blow up.

Anyway, I hope you get things figured out. I know my last few times with Customer Support with regards to technical issues, were excellent. They were patient and truly tried to ferret out the problem.

[OO7]
Alpha Tester
6,753 posts
3,490 battles

Do this:

1. Backup your photos and replays.

2. Uninstall the game.

3. RESTART YOU COMPUTER - Very important.

4. Delete the game directory for Warships.

5. RESTART AGAIN - Just in case.

6. Download the newest install file from the website.

7. Install the game.

8. Restart

9. See if it still happens.

[-BSS-]
Members
484 posts
2,927 battles
22 hours ago, KaptainKaybe said:

Could be a router of firewall setting that is blocking communication to the game server running the match? Pure educated guess here as I don't know what Wargaming's architecture is like.

It won’t, I have router firewalls blocking the server at school, they refuse to let you even go to port/connect, I have the same problem from time to time, probably server load is my guess, whether it is yours or WGs, I don’t know.

[SPUDS]
[SPUDS]
Members
570 posts
3,356 battles
15 hours ago, NeutralState said:

Was expecting all Kancolle weaboo interface with that forum avatar... but you probably do have weaboo addons, delete them.

while that is very rude, I don't in fact run "weaboo" addons.
I use "No Rust" skins, cause the clean appearances look nice, and that's about it.
However even if I did use "weaboo" addons, you really have no reason to tell me not to.

[SPUDS]
[SPUDS]
Members
570 posts
3,356 battles
11 hours ago, BURN_Miner said:

Without specs on the PC('s), as there seems to be a few people having problems here on different levels, there's not a whole lot that can be said outside of what Lert and a couple of others have suggested. Though downloading a program to "boost" a poorly performing PC, in my humble opinion, is not the way to go. I know a long time ago, can't recall the patches, but even I was having the FPS/stuttering problem in the game and I run an i7-6700k, Geforce 980ti with 32gb of DDR4. I worked with tech support for around 3 weeks if I recall and come to find out, there was an unknown memory leak "somewhere" within the game, which a mini-patch fixed eventually.

That is something I haven't done, posted the specs of the new laptop I was running when I got the issue.

image.thumb.png.89c16cb8ffc0d4677ea8df39e6362296.png

• Cool 1

Members
2,515 posts
5,500 battles

You should purchase a SSD drive for quicker load time. Makes a difference. 

OPPS - this is a laptop - Ignore. 

Edited by dionkraft

Supertester
3,004 posts
10,057 battles

@JackBinary

Thank you for posting some of the specs, it was enough to cross reference some stuff. I had to do some digging, but I found your processor. It's an Intel i5-7300HQ. I was doing some poking around because I didn't know if the temps. on the CPU/GPU were at idle of under loads. Regardless, the TJunction Max (max temp. for the CPU, which is what Intel basis their mobile CPU temps off of - it would be TCase Max if it were a desktop) is 100 degrees Celsius. I was thinking that if it were at idle and for instance, the max temp. for the CPU were 80 and you spiked to 70 during intense game play, that may cause an issue without shutting down the system. But that's not the case, at least not imho.

The only thing I can think of is the same issue I had.

As with any Software, it may seem like it's plug an play, but it actually isn't. Unfortunately, one size doesn't fit all, but who knows maybe in the future it will, but we aren't there yet.

With that said it does seem like a Client side issue, give the fact that your ISP isn't screwing with your service which the Customer Support, if you contact them, may give you a tool to download and they can have you perform a network diagnostic to their server from your house/isp to see if their are any issues. That usually takes about 20-30 minutes, or at least that's how long they like the diagnostic to run if I recall correctly.

My only other advice is to completely ditch WoWS (back up replays and screenshots), go back through the folders, etc. deleted the folders. And then reinstall a fresh Client. After the reinstall, perform an integrity check on it.

Other than that, cross your fingers and hope that the next patch or mini patch fixes any bugs that brought this up.

Sorry man, I wish I could have helped you more.

07 and Good luck!

Miner

Members
9,996 posts
On 4/11/2018 at 12:26 PM, Madwolf05 said:

Do this:

1. Backup your photos and replays.

2. Uninstall the game.

3. RESTART YOU COMPUTER - Very important.

4. Delete the game directory for Warships.

5. RESTART AGAIN - Just in case.

6. Download the newest install file from the website.

7. Install the game.

8. Restart

9. See if it still happens.

Except this is a well known issue that has been going on for over a year?

I experienced this exact problem back before 6.12. For about 3 updates every 4th or 5th game would hang and I'd be forced to kill it and restart. This is WG, how they manage to pass it among the players randomly is beyond me, but people did reinstall in the past to try and fix this, with no change.....

• Cool 1

Supertester
192 posts
20,415 battles

If I get stuck on the load-in screen to long I just restart World of Warships and it gets me in. I do lose 60-90 seconds of battle though.