Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
JackBinary

So... when is this going to get fixed?

36 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

323
[SPUDS]
[SPUDS]
Members
566 posts
3,334 battles

IQQqGjJ.jpg

Sometimes, my game outright refuses to load a match, no matter the number of restarts of the client.
This is easily the thing that frustrates me the most in this game.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22,460
[HINON]
Supertester
18,921 posts
12,454 battles

Are your drivers up to date? Is your registry clean? Are you malware free? Is your DirectX up to date? Is your WoWS install fresh and clean? Do you use any mods? Do you have background programs open?

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
323
[SPUDS]
[SPUDS]
Members
566 posts
3,334 battles
1 minute ago, Lert said:

Are your drivers up to date? Is your registry clean? Are you malware free? Is your DirectX up to date? Is your WoWS install fresh and clean? Do you use any mods? Do you have background programs open?

Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, No, No.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22,460
[HINON]
Supertester
18,921 posts
12,454 battles
Just now, JackBinary said:

Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, No, No.

Just askin'. Usually stability problems are solved by running that checklist.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,156 posts
4,848 battles

was going to suggest running an integrity check, but got beaten to the punch. i haven't had this bug, so i dunno what would cause it. i'm pretty sure i've seen other threads on it though. i didn't follow them long enough to see if they found the problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
688
[PVE]
Members
2,172 posts
5,101 battles

He's not alone. It happens to me occasionally. Mainly on the weekends when more people are playing. Server just doesn't seem to be able to handle things. If it is going on during the week, you might want to try this program. It's free and works pretty well:

http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/iobit_game_booster.html

If you have a bunch of crap running in the background, you might not even know about it. This program shuts down anti-virus, Java updating, Windows updating, and all kinds of junk. When you exit the game it all starts back up. There are more complex programs similar to this, but this one works on the K.I.S.S.principle.

 

Edited by Deputy276

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
691
[DRACS]
Members
3,350 posts

Could be a router of firewall setting that is blocking communication to the game server running the match? Pure educated guess here as I don't know what Wargaming's architecture is like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22,460
[HINON]
Supertester
18,921 posts
12,454 battles
2 minutes ago, KaptainKaybe said:

Could be a router of firewall setting that is blocking communication to the game server running the match? Pure educated guess here as I don't know what Wargaming's architecture is like.

In that case the problem would be consistent, not intermittent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
691
[DRACS]
Members
3,350 posts
23 minutes ago, Lert said:

In that case the problem would be consistent, not intermittent.

True that. Hadn't noticed the "sometimes" part.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
159
[AWP]
Members
780 posts
2,950 battles
1 hour ago, JackBinary said:

IQQqGjJ.jpg

Sometimes, my game outright refuses to load a match, no matter the number of restarts of the client.
This is easily the thing that frustrates me the most in this game.

This happened to me about the same time. Played one game and it worked then the next 2 I tried I was afk in both but could hear everything going on and see teammates being destroyed on the list. Reset game then a system restart. Eventually went to co op just to run into an afk cv. That’s another story. I just logged off for the day because I shouldn’t be getting frustrated with a game haha.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,470
[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,037 posts
12,522 battles
1 hour ago, Lert said:

In that case the problem would be consistent, not intermittent.

Not sure that's true, if individual matches hit different machines in the server cluster. I don't know how WG's client-server architecture works though, so just speculating.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22,460
[HINON]
Supertester
18,921 posts
12,454 battles
26 minutes ago, Edgecase said:

Not sure that's true, if individual matches hit different machines in the server cluster. I don't know how WG's client-server architecture works though, so just speculating.

Remote ports don't affect local ports. If the not loading in is a port matter as implied in Kaybe's post it would be a local port matter, and local ports don't just arbitrarily switch between allowing and blocking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
19 posts
2,836 battles
5 hours ago, Lert said:

In that case the problem would be consistent, not intermittent.

I have the same issue, and others that seem related, like the kick to login screen issue- which seems closely related.  I've been troubleshooting this for weeks now, messing with virtual memory settings, cache settings, video, sound settings, etc.   Nothing seems to phase the issues I have, except for  this:  

 

When the game is behaving well, I DO NOT exit the game, change ships, nor change game modes.  Everything is fine for 4-5 (maybe more) battles.  But I have to stop, leave the game running while in port, and walk away for 30+ minutes.  Because if I keep playing, the issues pop up.  But if I come back to the game after 30+ mins. everything is fine- so long as I do not play too many games in succession.   Restarting the game, and rebooting the computer does nothing, and sometimes makes it worse!  

 

I suspect it is related somehow to the recent "fps drop issue."  

 

Any theories on why the game would behave better after sitting logged in over time, and not playing too many games in a row?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33
[TWFT2]
Beta Testers
260 posts
3,911 battles

Used to have the same issue on an old PC. Went away when I switched to a new one

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,226
[RKLES]
Members
7,101 posts
8,757 battles
5 hours ago, Gneisenau013 said:

@JackBinary please contact Wargaming Support so they can assist you with diagnosing and troubleshooting your connectivity situation:

https://na.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wows/

#anchorsaweigh

unfortunately Wargaming support can be hit or huge miss as far as how helpful they are at times. Last few times I went there with support issues they were not helpful.

Now if I am filing reports on players that need bans I have heard those they do take care of lol. ( you here about the bans from fellow players)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
19 posts
2,836 battles
30 minutes ago, CarbonButtprint said:

IDefragment your hard drive?

Yes. Done.   This is good advise for load issues, but unfortunately doesn't help this.  

 

Its a really strange issue from what I can tell, and I can't even call it a "loading" issue for certain.  It kind of is, and it isn't.  

 

For example:  I go from the MM queue screen, to the ship list screen, and all player names are visible on both teams.  I see the load bar moving along as normal, gets to the end of the load, and I see "awaiting players 15 seconds."  Everything seems fine.  

 

But then when the "awaiting players" countdown hits 0....nothing happens.  I do not get into the match for sometime 30 seconds or more later.  The blue anchor icon is on screen, and turning, as if it will put me in the match any second, but it just sits there.  It is more like a program "hang" issue that happens when the gamei is trying to shifti between screens, or subroutines.   It is reminiscent of the "game freeze at battle end" bug, except this only happens at the start of the battle, which is far worse.   

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
184
[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
1,446 posts
6,453 battles
15 hours ago, JackBinary said:

Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, No, No.

Have you checked the oil, water and power steering levels. Have you left the hand  brake on :Smile_teethhappy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,818
[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,268 posts
7 hours ago, Trigger_Happy_Jax said:

Yes. Done.   This is good advise for load issues, but unfortunately doesn't help this.  

 

 

 

Point - if you have a SSD and not the older spinning hard drive, do not defrag the SSD. If you are running Win10 quite often the default value for the OS has the system dealing with file fragmentation on an ongoing basis.

I would be surprised if any such problem was causing the OP's issue (and others too). I remember having something like this happening a long, long time ago... the game connected to the server, audio came through, players being sunk updated on the "scoreboard" but the graphics failed to update. Which really meant only a few possibilities, right?

Since player names are/were being updated, you could argue that meant no problem with graphics, right? So the process of "entering" the match, that is, "walking through the door, into the game" was likely the culprit. How that takes place in the software only they know. So if I were to place a bet, I'd go with server/client communication issues, not hard drive or graphics. fwiw

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
19 posts
2,836 battles
3 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

.... I remember having something like this happening a long, long time ago... the game connected to the server, audio came through, players being sunk updated on the "scoreboard" but the graphics failed to update. Which really meant only a few possibilities, right?

Since player names are/were being updated, you could argue that meant no problem with graphics, right? So the process of "entering" the match, that is, "walking through the door, into the game" was likely the culprit. How that takes place in the software only they know. So if I were to place a bet, I'd go with server/client communication issues, not hard drive or graphics. fwiw

Yes!  That is exactly how it is behaving.   While the game is hanging, I can see ships on *both* teams being sunk in the ship list. I can also view the map in the mission tab, and see the ships on *my team only* moving around on the map- but not red team ships. 

 

While all this is going on, the "kick to login screen"  issue typically occurs during this hang period.  

 

Thanks for mentioning  this, as it gives me somewhere to look for more information.  Any idea when, or what patch was associated with the old issue?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,818
[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,268 posts
5 minutes ago, Trigger_Happy_Jax said:

Yes!  That is exactly how it is behaving.   While the game is hanging, I can see ships on *both* teams being sunk in the ship list. I can also view the map in the mission tab, and see the ships on *my team only* moving around on the map- but not red team ships. 

 

While all this is going on, the "kick to login screen"  issue typically occurs during this hang period.  

 

Thanks for mentioning  this, as it gives me somewhere to look for more information.  Any idea when, or what patch was associated with the old issue?

Unfortunately no... it was (seriously) a long time back... like in the first six to twelve months after the game "going live"? It wasn't anything we could do on the client side to fix it but rather something on their side. They did resolve it quickly tho... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
717
[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
6,043 battles
19 hours ago, JackBinary said:

IQQqGjJ.jpg

Sometimes, my game outright refuses to load a match, no matter the number of restarts of the client.
This is easily the thing that frustrates me the most in this game.

Was expecting all Kancolle weaboo interface with that forum avatar... but you probably do have weaboo addons, delete them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×