Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
epojokke

The Fletcher

30 comments in this topic

[DAS]
Members
342 posts
4,177 battles

So, I just unlocked the Fletcher and I was looking at the different modules and I am not sure if I should pick the gun or torpedo reload.

The guns are already pretty fast without the mod and I feel I will get more out of the torp mod.

Opinions?

[-S-R-]
Beta Testers
648 posts
12,019 battles

Gun.

If i remember you have 5.4 con. and you are gunboat.

[WOLF6]
Members
1,759 posts
4,786 battles

The guns are fine. The rotation and rate of fire are best in tier. Torp reload can never be fast enough. Fletch has awesome torps. Guns outside 7 km are meh.

Edited by Thornir
  • Cool 4

Members
1,118 posts
6,669 battles

the fletcher has  fantastic torps.  Probably the best hybrid in the game.  i would say you would get more out of the torp reload than you would by buffing the guns reload by what, .3 or so seconds.  though with BFT, AR, and the gun mod you can knock your reload down to what, just above 2 seconds?  which can be pretty nasty if you can get into a spot to use that DPM effectively.  that however is not as easy to do, especially when you are low health.  the torps are always useful, and only get better the more damage you take.

• Cool 1

[WOLF6]
Members
1,759 posts
4,786 battles
2 minutes ago, Frederick_The_Great said:

the fletcher has  fantastic torps.  Probably the best hybrid in the game.  i would say you would get more out of the torp reload than you would by buffing the guns reload by what, .3 or so seconds.  though with BFT, AR, and the gun mod you can knock your reload down to what, just above 2 seconds?  which can be pretty nasty if you can get into a spot to use that DPM effectively.  that however is not as easy to do, especially when you are low health.  the torps are always useful, and only get better the more damage you take.

With AR, you mean?

[H_]
Members
216 posts
6,960 battles

From what I've read, Torps.. Read some of the posts under the Destroyer section.   With all the appropriate capt skills and mod's you can get the reload down to 81 sec.   Which is dang quick at that level, the stock torps are challenging  at T9 and I've not yet been able to upgrade to the 10.5's.. can't wait.

Gun's are plenty fast and if your capt is high enough you can add the BFT, AR stuff and that will help also.

[CRMSN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,332 posts
3,552 battles

Go full torpedo build except for TA. well if you wanna be ballsy you can get TA as well. I firmly believe that the best torp strikes are between 6-8km . 

Members
1,118 posts
6,669 battles
Just now, Thornir said:

With AR, you mean?

adrenaline rush, on top of the buff you get from BFT, and the reload module.  but that requires you to be low on health for it to really kick in.  you may not really notice much of a buff until you lose at least half your health. 

Ar also buffs torp reload.  you can get a pretty good torp reload time when you are really low on health.  with the captain skill, module, and AR, you can knock it down to 115-120 seconds if memory serves.  the germans can be really nasty with about 1 min for their torps.  their torps may not hit as hard, but you can get some perma flooding thanks to that faster torp reload. 

IJN probably benefit the most from AR, torp module and the captain skill.   their reloads are the longest(too long in the high tiers imo) so the % buff will knock more time off. 

[42]
Members
6,615 posts
25,197 battles

Torp build is what I've had on it for a long time. Works well.

[-K-]
Supertester
3,085 posts
6,818 battles

Torpedo reload.  Your guns are fine.  With torpedo reload and captain skills, you can get your torpedos reloaded every 81 seconds.  Unlike previous USN destroyers, the Fletcher has excellent torpedos.  It is a torpedo boat with functional guns.

• Cool 1

[DAS]
Members
342 posts
4,177 battles

Thanks for the answers guys. I'll go with the torp mod.

[WOLF2]
Members
120 posts
4,556 battles
39 minutes ago, Gandariel said:

Gun.

If i remember you have 5.4 con. and you are gunboat.

Lol no, the guns are fine. With the amount of radar, you want to be a torpedo boat. Boost your torps OP

[_USS_]
[_USS_]
Members
282 posts
9,059 battles
16 minutes ago, Pope_Shizzle said:

Torpedo reload.  Your guns are fine.  With torpedo reload and captain skills, you can get your torpedos reloaded every 81 seconds.  Unlike previous USN destroyers, the Fletcher has excellent torpedos.  It is a torpedo boat with functional guns.

THIS

[TNG]
[TNG]
Members
246 posts
14,748 battles

PM, LS, BFT, Vigilance, SE, TAE, concealment expert

Members
123 posts
8,880 battles

A max torp build makes your torp reload 81 seconds. That's great for torps that do 66 knots and hit for over 19K damage. You want to buff that more as your gun reload is already about 3 seconds. 

[RKN]
Beta Testers
931 posts
8,737 battles
1 hour ago, Thornir said:

The guns are fine. The rotation and rate of fire are best in tier. Torp reload can never be fast enough. Fletch has awesome torps. Guns outside 7 km are meh.

This guy’s comments are spot on.

• Cool 1

[OSG]
Beta Testers
1,345 posts
14,670 battles
1 hour ago, Thornir said:

This.....the Fletcher is a great torpedo boat if you spec for it.....10 fairly high speed, fairly low detection, high damage 10.5 km torps every 81 seconds without any help from AR. 

The guns are fine the way they are.  I also don't bother with the Gun Fire Control System mod since it's hard to hit at that extra distance anyways due to the shell trajectory plus then your gun bloom detection distance is larger for when you are trying to go dark.

• Cool 1

[WOLF6]
Members
1,759 posts
4,786 battles
10 minutes ago, SavageTactical said:

This guy’s comments are spot on.

Thank you. 

[DIEBL]
Members
1,413 posts
14,149 battles

However you want to play cant really go wrong I did both, Torps got me higher damage for sure but found my win rate was a little higher with going full on gunboat and focusing caps still got lots of torp hits without torp mod

[TF-64]
Members
363 posts
12,549 battles

Try them both. I know it's expensive but your playstyle with her might be a bigger factor than you realize. I went gun because I found it made a difference when knife fighting. I don't usually throw Torps the moment they are ready. I like setting up my torp runs and that can take time since I like to be close. And TA does help if you don't mind being in close. So again try both and see what works better for you. 

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
6,024 battles

Only meaningful advantage between Fletcher and Benson is gun reloading module, together with AR can get the gun reload of Fletcher to 1.4 sec. 

Or you can pretend you are a torp boat and waste 5 points on torpedo related skills.

[WOLF6]
Members
1,759 posts
4,786 battles
4 hours ago, NeutralState said:

Only meaningful advantage between Fletcher and Benson is gun reloading module, together with AR can get the gun reload of Fletcher to 1.4 sec. 

Or you can pretend you are a torp boat and waste 5 points on torpedo related skills.

Benson is your highest US DD. I can see where the problem is; you think because you know the Benson, you know the Fletcher. 

And because you've played a LOT of IJN torp boats, Fletcher doesn't "seem" like a torp boat, maybe?

Welp, consider:

Compared to Benson, the Fletcher's torps have 1.3 km more range, reload 13 to 22 seconds faster, do 2.7k more damage, with a speed that's 11 kts faster.

The Yugumo - the IJN "Torp Boat" at T9 - by comparison to Fletcher, has 2 fewer torps, 25 to 33 seconds slower reload, less range and are visible from space. But hey, they ARE 1 kt faster than Fletcher's and oh, do 2k more damage. But there are 38k in damage fewer of them, less often (10 torps to 8, and slower reload, as mentioned).

Yug's speed and rudder are crap, the guns are well, IJN guns. It has what... 0.1 to 0.2 better concealment?

Fletcher is far superior to Benson (gets the torp reload module TYVM) and the torps are better in most categories than the famous IJN "pure torp boat".

Did I mention Fletcher's got 3k more health (with SE on both)? It does. Fletcher and Chung Mu (The DWT Fletcher) both have better WR, damage - almost every category, really - than Yug.

Fletcher's weakness is her guns beyond 7km or so. Not her torps. Her torps are fekkin' awesome.

Fletcher's a better torp boat than Yug, and with usable guns and hugely better smokes. It has a torp reload that's far superior to the Yug without a SINGLE skill point spent. 

[-S-R-]
Beta Testers
648 posts
12,019 battles

Ok so after this thread it gave me sense respec my US destroyer.

My Q: what about Gearing. Keeping this,, torp boat,, for gearing too?

Edited by Gandariel

Sign in to follow this