You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CriMiNaL__

CV players refusing to Play once loaded

54 comments in this topic

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,729 posts
11,136 battles

Just had 2 games with CV, ours played like hell and we won the game easily, the next game however we ended up with the last matches enemy CV.  

I can understand why we won the first match as that same CV player refused to play, and kept his planes flying around him, and no he was not afk.

So the community needs to report these things, send in a proper ticket with a replay, so these people can be dealt with by War Gaming, 

Members
1,780 posts
5,641 battles

There is a lot of maybe's there, Maybe new to CV's and got confused with the UI. Maybe as he locked in the phone rang, maybe he lost control of the ship's UI 'not afk' So what do you think the punishment should Be.:cap_hmm:

[INTEL]
Members
8,438 posts
25,321 battles

I can name several CV drivers who do this. I have reported all of them. I have reported bot CVs on several occasions as well. I encountered those same players on later occasions.

My advice is not to bother. WG likes botters and AFKers at CV, and won't do a thing about them. 

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[WOLF2]
Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles

Also, maybe wait until the end game? A lot of people have no idea what the CVs are doing most of the game. For instance, my team felt as though I was the reason we lost this game, and I need to learn to CV.

wKQxqtk.jpg

• Cool 4

[MEIST]
Members
791 posts
2,952 battles

And maybe he is running two accounts and is the same guy on both teams.

• Cool 1
  • Angry 1

Beta Testers
1,158 posts
5,287 battles

CV often times seem like they are doing nothing but generally they are gathering their planes into squadrons, going thru a refuel/rearm cycle or holding back waiting for a target window to open up.  Inactively doesn't always mean they are not playing.

• Cool 2
  • Angry 1

[NDA]
Supertester, Alpha Tester
5,473 posts
4,055 battles

I once played with a carrier that did the same thing. A team-mate asked for spotting, and the CV decided to take offence from being told what to do. They kept their aircraft circling the carrier while the enemy CV was free strike targets left and right.

• Cool 1

Members
3 posts
3,671 battles

WG does have a penalty. Its called no participation-no reward.

[NBGC]
Beta Testers
13 posts
4,841 battles

I agree with Comet, lots of times I have been playing my CV and told to "GIT GUD" or I need air support. I cant be everywhere once, but I'm always trying to cover the fleet as best I can.

• Cool 4
  • Angry 1

[H_]
Members
217 posts
6,990 battles

I had a game a while ago, Enemy CV said in chat, "oh your running the insta delete hack" to our CV after he lost a bunch of planes and afterward refused to play, kept up in chat about "here I am, Kill me" and other less then nice chat messages through most of the game.  He got reported by several people.

I don't usually criticize CV players because I have never played one so I don't feel qualified to tell them "Hey you stink".. however you can certainly tell the good from the bad.  And they make a huge difference in a game either way.

[ABDA]
Members
238 posts
3,513 battles

I had one game yesterday where it was the T10 bot CV crap. Red team cv was the real player, he dropped his bot with him on our team. Our cv did nothing all game but move slightly on the map. Meanwhile the real CV player on the red team used his bot to send torps and bombers directly to the best targets on our team since he could see them on his bot cv  screen. I reported both but what's the point? WG does nothing to these players. We lost in a landslide because of it.

• Bad 1
  • Angry 1

[DIEBL]
Members
1,413 posts
14,265 battles

Lool I assume every CV player on my team does this very very rare to see anyone actually play CV for team and don't really care about the ones that do they bother me just as much

Members
9,868 posts
2 hours ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

Just had 2 games with CV, ours played like hell and we won the game easily, the next game however we ended up with the last matches enemy CV.  

I can understand why we won the first match as that same CV player refused to play, and kept his planes flying around him, and no he was not afk.

So the community needs to report these things, send in a proper ticket with a replay, so these people can be dealt with by War Gaming, 

Sounds like an old well known player who's name starts with a W.....And I don't think he was ever banned for his behavior in game, just his hate filled rants....:Smile_smile:

• Angry 1

[WUDPS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,724 posts
4,529 battles
13 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Sounds like an old well known player who's name starts with a W.....And I don't think he was ever banned for his behavior in game, just his hate filled rants....:Smile_smile:

If we say his name, he becomes real again...

However though twitch streams where he pops up are downright hilarious.

"W*******Y SIGHTED!"

[WOSV]
Members
324 posts
2,080 battles
3 hours ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

I have 2 theories for this;

1: Bots (the most popular theory)

2: Protesters. 

I suggest the idea of protesters because I have seen many people on this forum stating they would/are protest(ing) the current state of Carriers by not participating in battle. Note, this isn't not queueing up CV's. This is loading up a CV and doing nothing in the game.

In my eyes both are disrespectful and dirty, and should be frowned upon and nipped at the bud whenever possible.

Now, let's be real here. I don't think many of us think the current state of CV in this game is great. It could really use serious improvements and adjustments. Protesting is all well and fine to show a distaste for a view. People protest many different things every day. However, a protest is only publicity. It does nothing to fix the issue, just to bring it to light. If such CV protesters wished for a major shift in CV gameplay, I suggest they put their heads together and put forth a well thought-out, rounded, reasonable solution to their problem. Put together a thorough proposal for what they would like to see (and what they believe would work best) in a CV overhaul, and forward it to the WoWS developers. If there are enough voices, they will be heard.

Protest without solution is whining. 

• Angry 1

[HEROS]
Members
1,404 posts
11,831 battles

I'm going to step into this because I'm hearing some very very VERY immature whining in this thread, and peep being butterflies.  ANd not particularly smart butterfly's.

There is not single class in this game that is more difficult to play then CV's, followed by Destroyers, followed by Cruisers with Battleships dead last in the scale of "How difficult to play well".  Several factor contribute to this.

but lets start with some basic missions that your typical CV player has to do.. and with the one so near and dear to so many that causes so much crap..  "Fleet AIr Defence"  The higher the tier, the easier to do because you have more planes and squadrons..  You don't have to win the air war, you just to keep the other ENEMY CV player form operating with impunity. ie: mess up his/her drops!   SOme ship frankly don't need air defence as much as other.  US and German BB and French BB have adequate to superior AA.. as long as they know to pay attention to the strike aircraft and shift the focus of their AA to the more dangerous ones.  IJN BB's how ever tend to have really crap AA and do need assistance.  Cruiser, US cruisers Great AA,  everyone else's depends on the ship not the tier.   Destroyers these are the guys that need aircover.. not directly overhead because that just tells the bad guys "look here!" but they need to be within about 5 Km which will often scare the bombers and scouts away.

Another thing that makes life stupidly difficult for CV to cover the fleet is players that DO NOT provide mutual support for each other...

WHAT IS THE RANGE OF YOUR AA?  Long, medium, and short?  It's the long and medium you need to pay attention to.  It's the long range AA that Manual AA direction buffs.  How many of you know this?  It's in the description but gosh who reads that because so and so your buddy said.. well buddy was wrong!

Get into mutual supporting range and move with each other.. 3 ships together that coordinate there movement even a little bit are nearly proof against airstrike at high tier.  Know your ships stuff, Know what it can do and be aware of what it cannot do.

I am a DD main.  I can drive BB's and do quite well in them, and I can drive cruiers and do ok, depending on the cruiser.   CV's?  I won't even pretend I am any good at them, though I do know how to operate them.  And I do know that CV basically have 3 jobs in this game.. Fleet defence, Scouting, Strike.  Strike is easy.. any drooling window licking moron can do strike.. Might even be able to do it well .  Scouting is a little harder as someone is always trying to shoot your planes down, and scouting groups keeping the enemy under observation tend to be widely scattered and out of mutual support.  And it's real irritating that you got spot the bad guys and no shoots at them, especially self absorbed, Battleship drivers working on farming their WTR.  As a DD main I got the same issue.."I need someone to spot"  and I wanna scream back at em  "IS that so you know what ships to run away from?"

Fleet air defence is the most difficult period mostly due to the outright ignorant twits on your own team that some how think they are the second coming of Marc Mitchner.

There are more bad CV players then good, and yes there will flipp'n idiots who try to run bots, or dual box and try to exploit, but guess what.. the cheaters at least THEY ARE THE MINORITY and a real small one.  Maybe one or two cv players out of 100.  But they're the ones ya notice so therefore all CV players must cheat right?

And you wonder why so many players DO NOT bother reading the forums.. honestly there are days I feel my IQ drop!

Before you get with criticizing CV players you best examine what you are DOING.  CV's have only so many aircraft.  X number of squadrons, and x number of spares..and when they are  gone the only thing the CV is good for is a mobile AA battery, taking caps, and being a distracting target for fools because every one wants to catch and kill CV and will chase a CV first over taking a cap or killing the DD that will kill them if they don't.   There are days I wish there was ammo limits in this game.  You'ld be surprised just how fast a BB or cruiser could shoot themselves dry.

The IJN AKizuki class DD carrier sufficient ammo for no more then 3 minutes of sustain at maximum rate of anti surface a d 3 minutes of sustained AAA fire at maximum rate of fire for the main guns.. about 1200 rounds per turret of mixed AP and Proximity, and radar fused AA.. the ship didn't carry HE rounds at all historically.. but in game we got HE for those 100 mm guns.  Oh and the ships rarely carried a full load of ammo because the IJA also used 100 mm guns of the same type and they had first call on the ammo supply.  

Unlike you CV's can shoot themselves dry.  SO they CANNOT afford to throw planes into a meat grinder to win the game for brain dead team mates.

Most of you in the thread haven't a clue what your talking about, and I am not concerned about a popularity contest today and I AM calling you on it.

Warlrod sends

Edited by TL_Warlord_Roff
  • Cool 7
  • Bad 1

[KP]
Members
1,998 posts
18,468 battles
4 hours ago, Taichunger said:

I can name several CV drivers who do this. I have reported all of them. I have reported bot CVs on several occasions as well. I encountered those same players on later occasions.

My advice is not to bother. WG likes botters and AFKers at CV, and won't do a thing about them. 

I agree they give less than 2 F...s about this. I should have screen shotted the reply to the last CV replay I sent in. Trust me it hammers home they don't care. Instead players with over 15K battles like me are finding other games to play and spend money on. 

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,881 battles

Play, win/lose, report, complain, move on. Nothing else you can do.

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
1,313 posts
9,406 battles

If you have a problem with bad CV's, drive one yourself and take advantage of the lousy excuse for players. Either you'll understand what's happening better, or you'll pad your win rate against those bots/lousy players/ect... Either way, your gain.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,506 posts
6,673 battles
2 hours ago, TL_Warlord_Roff said:

There is not single class in this game that is more difficult to play then CV's, followed by Destroyers, followed by Cruisers with Battleships dead last in the scale of "How difficult to play well".  Several factor contribute to this.

if this were true I'd be a super unicum bb player/

[TF03]
Members
739 posts
2,691 battles
6 hours ago, cometguy said:

Also, maybe wait until the end game? A lot of people have no idea what the CVs are doing most of the game. For instance, my team felt as though I was the reason we lost this game, and I need to learn to CV.

wKQxqtk.jpg

that is 100% spot on and i agree with you, unless you play CV you really have no idea what go's on though out the match from the CV side you just see them flying there planes and doing nothing, yet on the CV side they could be waiting for the right moment to strike, the right target or if in a higher tier match for some AA to get knocked out before going in.

[TF03]
Members
739 posts
2,691 battles
3 hours ago, TL_Warlord_Roff said:

Unlike you CV's can shoot themselves dry.  SO they CANNOT afford to throw planes into a meat grinder to win the game for brain dead team mates.

Most of you in the thread haven't a clue what your talking about, and I am not concerned about a popularity contest today and I AM calling you on it.

Warlrod sends

didn't want to quote your whole post so just did the last bit but just wanted to say great post, there's so much behind playing CV then people know and was nice reading that someone that mains as a DD understands how much go's on with CV and you kept a lot off points simple with out going into great detail about it i.e US CV vs IJN CV loadouts so great post

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,881 battles
3 minutes ago, ausanimal said:

that is 100% spot on and i agree with you, unless you play CV you really have no idea what go's on though out the match from the CV side you just see them flying there planes and doing nothing, yet on the CV side they could be waiting for the right moment to strike, the right target or if in a higher tier match for some AA to get knocked out before going in.

I almost always will critique other CV Players regardless of what ship they run. Generally, as long as I see the CV not in a corner or backing up, planes going somewhere than flying circles, and basically seems useful, I will still critique them but for good reason. The CV can't wait for the right moment to strike, they have to make it. The CV can do everything but not many players will do it. Send out scouts, find the enemy locations, strike the safest locations but don't wait and play with your thumbs. I'd say more but my tactics are in my signature. 

I played Ryujo or Kaga and had a Ranger say "I am waiting for the right moment to attack" while I was already attacking. Then a enemy Fighter strafed his planes. So don't wait, make your moment to strike.

[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Members
344 posts
3,704 battles
3 hours ago, TL_Warlord_Roff said:

I'm going to step into this because I'm hearing some very very VERY immature whining in this thread, and peep being butterflies.  ANd not particularly smart butterfly's.

but lets start with some basic missions that your typical CV player has to do.. and with the one so near and dear to so many that causes so much crap..  "Fleet AIr Defence"  The higher the tier, the easier to do because you have more planes and squadrons..  You don't have to win the air war, you just to keep the other ENEMY CV player form operating with impunity. ie: mess up his/her drops!   SOme ship frankly don't need air defence as much as other.  US and German BB and French BB have adequate to superior AA.. as long as they know to pay attention to the strike aircraft and shift the focus of their AA to the more dangerous ones.  IJN BB's how ever tend to have really crap AA and do need assistance.  Cruiser, US cruisers Great AA,  everyone else's depends on the ship not the tier.   Destroyers these are the guys that need aircover.. not directly overhead because that just tells the bad guys "look here!" but they need to be within about 5 Km which will often scare the bombers and scouts away.

Another thing that makes life stupidly difficult for CV to cover the fleet is players that DO NOT provide mutual support for each other...

WHAT IS THE RANGE OF YOUR AA?  Long, medium, and short?  It's the long and medium you need to pay attention to.  It's the long range AA that Manual AA direction buffs.  How many of you know this?  It's in the description but gosh who reads that because so and so your buddy said.. well buddy was wrong!

Get into mutual supporting range and move with each other.. 3 ships together that coordinate there movement even a little bit are nearly proof against airstrike at high tier.  Know your ships stuff, Know what it can do and be aware of what it cannot do.

I am a DD main.  I can drive BB's and do quite well in them, and I can drive cruiers and do ok, depending on the cruiser.   CV's?  I won't even pretend I am any good at them, though I do know how to operate them.  And I do know that CV basically have 3 jobs in this game.. Fleet defence, Scouting, Strike.  Strike is easy.. any drooling window licking moron can do strike.. Might even be able to do it well .  Scouting is a little harder as someone is always trying to shoot your planes down, and scouting groups keeping the enemy under observation tend to be widely scattered and out of mutual support.  And it's real irritating that you got spot the bad guys and no shoots at them, especially self absorbed, Battleship drivers working on farming their WTR.  As a DD main I got the same issue.."I need someone to spot"  and I wanna scream back at em  "IS that so you know what ships to run away from?"

Fleet air defence is the most difficult period mostly due to the outright ignorant twits on your own team that some how think they are the second coming of Marc Mitchner.

There are more bad CV players then good, and yes there will flipp'n idiots who try to run bots, or dual box and try to exploit, but guess what.. the cheaters at least THEY ARE THE MINORITY and a real small one.  Maybe one or two cv players out of 100.  But they're the ones ya notice so therefore all CV players must cheat right?

And you wonder why so many players DO NOT bother reading the forums.. honestly there are days I feel my IQ drop!

Before you get with criticizing CV players you best examine what you are DOING.  CV's have only so many aircraft.  X number of squadrons, and x number of spares..and when they are  gone the only thing the CV is good for is a mobile AA battery, taking caps, and being a distracting target for fools because every one wants to catch and kill CV and will chase a CV first over taking a cap or killing the DD that will kill them if they don't.   There are days I wish there was ammo limits in this game.  You'ld be surprised just how fast a BB or cruiser could shoot themselves dry.

The IJN AKizuki class DD carrier sufficient ammo for no more then 3 minutes of sustain at maximum rate of anti surface a d 3 minutes of sustained AAA fire at maximum rate of fire for the main guns.. about 1200 rounds per turret of mixed AP and Proximity, and radar fused AA.. the ship didn't carry HE rounds at all historically.. but in game we got HE for those 100 mm guns.  Oh and the ships rarely carried a full load of ammo because the IJA also used 100 mm guns of the same type and they had first call on the ammo supply.  

Warlrod sends

One of the best pieces of information I have read about cv mechanics on the forums yet. I did not know that the long range AA was the manual AA that got buffed I thought it was all. I will certainly take more time to study a ships capabilities and weaknesses. Thanks for the post hope more see it as information and take what you said with more than a grain of salt. +1 ten if it would let me.