You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
_Starbuck

Normandie Looks Good!

22 comments in this topic

[2347]
Members
177 posts
4,710 battles

I just completed the Normandie camo mission and I have to say that I really like the "Ocean Liner" camouflage scheme. It looks great and I think it makes an interesting addition to the game. There are quite a few paint jobs that I have a difficult time learning to appreciate, but this one is crisp, clean, and very appealing to me. I tried searching the forum to find the designer's name, because I know it came out of a contest (I remember voting for it), but without success. I hope someone can name the person for me and give him or her due props for a job well done. And thank you Wargaming, this was a fun little mission, with a lot of nice rewards along the way, and being open to virtually everyone through the available game modes was a really great decision. Good job!

• Cool 3

[REVY]
Members
6,010 posts
5,102 battles
6 minutes ago, Battlecruiser_NewZealand said:

I like everything but the red turrets. The camo is like an 8/10 for me. But it would have been a 10/10 if the turrets had been white.

If only I had won the contest.

39g6sC3.jpg

• Cool 1

[5BS]
Members
4,465 posts

I love the Normandie inspired camo for Normandie. Now we need Harland and Wolff White Star camo for the RN BB's. That, I would pay money for.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
5,722 posts
3,905 battles
16 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

That, I would pay money for.

You would pay money to have your battleships share the same paint scheme as the Titanic? Rather ominous, that!!! :Smile_teethhappy:

Does the premium camo auto-deploy to the ship, or is it simply one of the many available when you open up the Normandie's camo options after winning it? I should have sneaked downstairs when I woke up at 4am this morning and got it over with; the anticipation is killing me!

[ICOP]
Members
777 posts
3,079 battles

Free perm camo is best camo, regardless if it looks good or not, still the best camo ever, cause it was FREE!  Well okay you had to complete 14 missions.

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
8,409 posts
25,237 battles
16 hours ago, _RC1138 said:

I love the Normandie inspired camo for Normandie. Now we need Harland and Wolff White Star camo for the RN BB's. That, I would pay money for.

Yes, the new camo is lovely, and yours is a great idea.

[2347]
Members
177 posts
4,710 battles
28 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Does the premium camo auto-deploy to the ship, or is it simply one of the many available when you open up the Normandie's camo options after winning it?

It shows up with all the rest of the camouflage immediately and you just have to swap paint schemes manually.

[5BS]
Members
4,465 posts
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

You would pay money to have your battleships share the same paint scheme as the Titanic? Rather ominous, that!!!

Actually it's the Big Four that are my favorite from White Star, especially the Adriatic. And one helluva a ship. I love those old designs... they won't let me build ships like that anymore.

[SF-3]
Members
1,431 posts
7,875 battles

I haven't got the camo yet, but I wish it was for the Lyon, a ship I have enjoyed playing.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,220 posts
8,387 battles

Definitely one of my favs; it's too bad it's for a ship that I'm not likely to play much if at all :Smile_sceptic:

XskPAKK.jpg

4 hours ago, Battlecruiser_NewZealand said:

I like everything but the red turrets. The camo is like an 8/10 for me. But it would have been a 10/10 if the turrets had been white.

Yes!

3 hours ago, _RC1138 said:

Also yes! For the Hood especially; something I do actually play.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
58 minutes ago, why_u_heff_to_be_mad said:

I feel like I havent seen this mission in my port

I feel the same but I do have a Normandie Camo in my inventory and I do not own the Normandie as of yet.

[-TKS-]
Members
283 posts
5,536 battles

Still working on the camo . saw one in  the wild and thought it was to early for people to get it but it looked nice none the less. Its a fun ship to play  . i like putting the speed flag on it, seemed to help me out with it . 

[RKLES]
Members
7,097 posts
8,745 battles

Love the camo, the colors are great as well as the look of it. Actually feels like some sort of German Commerce raider with the BB disguised as an Ocean Liner...

Lol actually jokingly said last battke after getting sunk, “ Guess the Ocean Liner disguise did not work...”.  Got some good laughs over that.