Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu

Is anyone willing to accept me into their clan?

31 comments in this topic

Members
2,120 posts
4,735 battles

Average player, 51.7% win rate (almost entirely solo), 3100+ battles, WTR 1161-1163. Looking for a semi-competitive clan that takes average players and can help me improve. Are my stats good enough for entry into most clans?

• Cool 1

Members
8,091 posts
17,050 battles

Strictly as a matter of curiosity; why do you want to be in a clan?

(This from a person who has turned down invitations into such...)

[BLOME]
Members
945 posts
6,404 battles
2 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Strictly as a matter of curiosity; why do you want to be in a clan?

(This from a person who has turned down invitations into such...)

Those post battle discounts come in handy if you're not premium player.

[WOLF6]
Members
303 posts
4,373 battles
5 minutes ago, zuga_01 said:

The discounts on purchasing ships comes in handy as well as the xp bonus too .

[WOLF6]
Members
303 posts
4,373 battles
18 minutes ago, Zionas said:

I guess I just want to be part of a community to share the game with, and try out Clan Battles.

Out of the Lone Wolf subclans WolfB is the most active as far as Clan battles , you can try applying in game . If they have an opening they will accept you .

Edited by retic1959

[ASHIP]
Members
586 posts
5,225 battles

Hey, if you have discord I'm sure you'd be welcome to join my clan. I quite like it here for the community- we have people from all over the US and a few who are further afield still. Plus, there's a couple of people who are pretty dang good at each ship type, and I'm sure they'd be more than willing to division up and give you some pointers if you need 'em. PM me and you can join our discord or join us for a division so you can get a feel for the community.

PS: Out of curiosity, why don't you play DDs or CVs, and why haven't you bought any tier 8-10 ships yet?

Members
2,120 posts
4,735 battles

I have some Tier 8 ships like North Carolina, but I am not used to the gameplay at those tiers. Too slow and passive for me. I mean, I like many of the more iconic ships at those tiers, but I wish the gameplay were the same as mid-tiers. I hate big maps. Mid-tiers at least still stand a chance of being relatively fast-paced, though this has changed. I haven't played DDs or CVs because, meh, I just don't know how to play them so I'd rather not be a burden to the team. I'd like to play DDs though. Sure, @senseNOTmade, I will download Discord and also PM you in the game soon.

Would you please check my profile on WT and tel me how I'm doing overall as a player?

Edited by Zionas

[ASHIP]
Members
586 posts
5,225 battles
8 minutes ago, Zionas said:

Would you please check my profile on WT and tel me how I'm doing overall as a player?

Oh sure, if you like. :)

So, your overall stats are all above average and improving. Your average kills is especially good relative to your damage, with your average survival rate being around where you want it, your damage being very good relative to the tier, and your winrate being above average and improving quickly. Your average XP is pretty low, so my guess is that you don't use premium time. What's also kinda interesting is how most of your battles are in the same 8 ships.

Going through your cruiser stats, I notice that the survival rate on most of these ships is pretty low, but your main battery hit rate, average kills, and especially torpedo hit rate are all quite high. To me this smells of lots of successful suicide charges. You tend to die a lot, but you get your torps off and are usually able to take at least one enemy ship down with you. Getting a 17% THR with the Kirov's 4km torps is quite a feat, and would actually account for the majority of your average damage on that ship. My guess is that this is one of the big reasons why you don't like higher tier battles; since getting off these kind of torp strikes is even harder on a large map.

Can I just say that if you'd play russian DDs similarly to how you play your CA/CLs, I think you'd have a grand ol' time. The nice thing about ships like the Okhotnik is that, you out-damage anything you meet, as long as you're close enough to it.

Your BB stats tell a different story; here you have high survival rates and damage, but your MBH rates are slightly lower than what I'd expect. You seem to be good at playing BBs the way they should be played; avoiding becoming overcommitted, landing decent shots, and surviving until the late game to become the deciding factor once fewer ships remain. The only exception to this is the Scharnhorst, where I once again see a relatively low survival rate paired with a high torpedo hit rate, so it seems you know exactly what this ship is meant for.

Members
2,120 posts
4,735 battles

Thanks for the tips @senseNOTmade, glad to know I'm not doing terribly. It took me around almost half the number of my current 3100+ battles just to learn the basic mechanics, and I did all of that in cruisers, especially Aoba, Furutaka, Kuma, Omaha, and Murmansk. After the BB meta I switched to BBs, and after playing Colorado, New mexico, Kongo, and now QE, have decided that they were my comfort zone. I tend to fall deep into a comfort zone and not venture out of it. As for BBs you can see I clearly struggle with a number of them, and I actually tend to overcommit quite a lot. Recently I've been trying hard not to overcommit all the time and it's EXTREMELY difficult finding that balance. Having lots of potatoes on your team certainly doesn't help. Yeah, I've never really used premium time (is it factored into EXP at the end of battles?) and my stats are 98% solo.

Edited by Zionas

[ASHIP]
Members
586 posts
5,225 battles
33 minutes ago, Zionas said:

Yeah, I've never really used premium time (is it factored into EXP at the end of battles?)

Premium time gives you *1.5 times the EXP and credits at the end of the battle. What makes it useful is that it multiplies rather than stacks with other EXP/credit bonuses, meaning that you can get some pretty ridiculous numbers, if you stack it with camos and flags.

35 minutes ago, Zionas said:

As for BBs you can see I clearly struggle with a number of them, and I actually tend to overcommit quite a lot. Recently I've been trying hard not to overcommit all the time and it's EXTREMELY difficult finding that balance. 

I mean, the problem of overcommitting is complicated for BBs. Yes you should stay alive until the late game, but you should also tank damage for your friends, lead pushes and be close enough so that every enemy cruiser must keep your position in mind to avoid being citadeled. While you should aim to survive, there are objectives valuable enough to be worth becoming overextended and sacrificing your life for, or at least risking becoming overextended.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,783 posts
14,887 battles
2 hours ago, zuga_01 said:

Amigo, when you get to the higher tiers, they help even if you are a premium player, so they gotta help if you're running a standard account.

1 hour ago, Zionas said:

Too slow and passive for me.

Higher tiers are where ships gain much more offensive capabilities without a matching rise in defensive capabilities, meaning you can be eliminated much quicker. Hence the "passive" playstyle, survival is harder there.

Members
2,120 posts
4,735 battles

Yeah I have never really grasped the 'rhythm' of matches past Tier 7, it's nothing but confusing to me. I wait for the enemy to charge, but they don't. It seems that almost everyone hangs back with only a few YOLO ships on each side attacking runs for almost 2/3 of the match, yet there are other times when both teams (or my team) does push when I least expect it. By then I'm already out of position or heavily damaged. 

[-SD]
[-SD]
Members
281 posts
1,655 battles
47 minutes ago, Zionas said:

Yeah I have never really grasped the 'rhythm' of matches past Tier 7, it's nothing but confusing to me. I wait for the enemy to charge, but they don't. It seems that almost everyone hangs back with only a few YOLO ships on each side attacking runs for almost 2/3 of the match, yet there are other times when both teams (or my team) does push when I least expect it. By then I'm already out of position or heavily damaged. 

Exiles is recruiting players.

Limited spots left. If you're looking for a clan, then you can give us a look. I don't expect a straightaway answer or anything. Can easily look us at us and be like.. ehh no.

Fairly active clan though, great guys, basically a family here! PM me if you are interested.

Cheers!

-DF

[TSG4]
[TSG4]
Members
145 posts
11,638 battles

Hi Zionas, 

You should take a look at TSG4 before you make a decision. We are a casual-competitive clan.  We are just finishing up Clan Wars this season and have 3 active teams going but more importantly almost all of our 100+ players played on the teams.  Our motto is One Team, One Fight.  Our web site showing our beliefs, ethos, activity and rules are at  http://www.tsg4.org/recruiting  Take a look and send me any questions....

Tuna

[VFW]
Members
907 posts
20,798 battles
8 hours ago, senseNOTmade said:

Oh sure, if you like. :)

So, your overall stats are all above average and improving. Your average kills is especially good relative to your damage, with your average survival rate being around where you want it, your damage being very good relative to the tier, and your winrate being above average and improving quickly. Your average XP is pretty low, so my guess is that you don't use premium time. What's also kinda interesting is how most of your battles are in the same 8 ships.

Going through your cruiser stats, I notice that the survival rate on most of these ships is pretty low, but your main battery hit rate, average kills, and especially torpedo hit rate are all quite high. To me this smells of lots of successful suicide charges. You tend to die a lot, but you get your torps off and are usually able to take at least one enemy ship down with you. Getting a 17% THR with the Kirov's 4km torps is quite a feat, and would actually account for the majority of your average damage on that ship. My guess is that this is one of the big reasons why you don't like higher tier battles; since getting off these kind of torp strikes is even harder on a large map.

Can I just say that if you'd play russian DDs similarly to how you play your CA/CLs, I think you'd have a grand ol' time. The nice thing about ships like the Okhotnik is that, you out-damage anything you meet, as long as you're close enough to it.

Your BB stats tell a different story; here you have high survival rates and damage, but your MBH rates are slightly lower than what I'd expect. You seem to be good at playing BBs the way they should be played; avoiding becoming overcommitted, landing decent shots, and surviving until the late game to become the deciding factor once fewer ships remain. The only exception to this is the Scharnhorst, where I once again see a relatively low survival rate paired with a high torpedo hit rate, so it seems you know exactly what this ship is meant for.

Premium time does not affect the Avg XP.   Avg XP is base XP, not premium.

Now, mainly his stats are average but needs to really work on accuracy and Avg XP based on the number of games.

VR

[ASHIP]
Members
586 posts
5,225 battles
3 hours ago, TexJapan said:

Premium time does not affect the Avg XP.   Avg XP is base XP, not premium.

Unfortunately premium time does affect avg XP stats :/

I know, I'm disappointed too.

Members
2,120 posts
4,735 battles

Yeah from what I've heard average EXP isn't 'base' EXP but has 'modifications.' Also, almost all of my battles for my first 1,400 battles or so were played at Tier 4 and Tier 5. I did not start playing anything above Tier 5 until more than halfway at my current 3100+ battles.

[VFW]
Members
907 posts
20,798 battles
4 hours ago, senseNOTmade said:

Unfortunately premium time does affect avg XP stats :/

I know, I'm disappointed too.

Not talking about Warship Todays rating system.   The WoWs profile page with individual stats uses base XP...that is what I'm referring.

vr,

[ASHIP]
Members
586 posts
5,225 battles
1 hour ago, TexJapan said:

Not talking about Warship Todays rating system.   The WoWs profile page with individual stats uses base XP...that is what I'm referring.

vr,

Erm, I'm not sure what you mean. If you're talking about this page:

https://worldofwarships.com/en/community/accounts/1021054604-senseNOTmade/!/pvp/overview/

My stats on it are the same as they are on warships.today (I've used some premium time). If you know of a place where we can get base XP without modifiers then please send me a link; it would be a huge help.

Sign in to follow this