You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Sethanas

Team Kill Penalty

Team Kill Penalty  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Is the penalty for team killing sufficient in its current form? or do you think it should be more severe?

• Enough as is?
    • Not enough as is?

11 comments in this topic

[SCREW]
Members
538 posts
5,463 battles

Just a pet peeve of mine, you get torpedoed early on, die horribly, get no xp or credits, lose all your signals and consumables.... and the offending player gets what? a could thousand credit penalty?

I get that Team kills happen, but it seems to me the penalties are a joke compared to what the TK'd player suffers.

What do you think?

Edited by Sethanas
  • Bad 1

[-AVA-]
Members
137 posts
7,218 battles

I am not going to vote because you need some sort of qualification. The vast majority of TK's are nothing more than accidents that are inherent in any shooter-type game. Yes, there are those few griefers out there in which case you submit a ticket with a replay and move on.

• Cool 2

Members
1,030 posts
95 battles
2 hours ago, Sethanas said:

What do you think?

If the game could see the difference between accidental TK and idiots going around sinking friendlies until they blow up from mirror damage, I'd like to keep the same penalty for the former and something along the lines of "skinning alive" for the latter. Not sure of the legal implications of such a move though.

[WOLF2]
Members
867 posts
7,014 battles

Still wondering what I "suffer" if I get TK'd.   Unless it's intentional, right at the beginning, I've maybe lost a camo, a couple of flags, and some silver.

But, I haven't seen that since the days my ships maxxed out at T5.

Been torped?  Sure, but not an intentional kill.   Thus, I'm already well into the game, and probably mid to low health.  Didn't really suffer at all - simply an inconvenience.    And certainly not worthy of a #MeToo, #Victim thread on the forums.

Hit Battle, and pew pew!

Edited by DiddleDum
  • Funny 1

[SCREW]
Members
538 posts
5,463 battles
21 hours ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

Press the Battle Button and move on.

A valid point of view for sure,

21 hours ago, syd_ said:

The vast majority of TK's are nothing more than accidents that are inherent in any shooter-type game.

I've TK'd accidentally before a few times, it's inevitable you clip someone with HE and he burns out, or a stray torp. and if the game had completely axed any credit and xp gain for those few matches (Ergo literally 0 XP 0 Credits) It wouldn't have bothered me, i'd see it as a well deserved punishment for not paying attention. In my view it's a glaring problem that you can essentially ruin an allied player's match and still profit from that same match.

I'm not saying that people need to be burnt at the stake, just that I feel that the penalty is somewhat weak, wanted to see if people agreed with me on that, seems that most don't which is fine.

Members
1,132 posts
3,141 battles

Team kill penalty should be more harsh, but there should be a system where the teamkill victim has the option to waive the penalty of the killer. The killer does not get a penalty, and the victim does not have a repair cost. We all make mistakes sometimes. 

Members
1 post
2,918 battles

Yea, people make mistakes, I've done it. What makes it even better is when a teammate sees that you're currently in team killer status and rams you, extending your status. People are awesome!

Members
3,414 posts
6,078 battles
6 minutes ago, Crusin_Custard said:

They should pay for my full repair and supply cost's. 

Was done and the players griefed it to oblivion by intentionally getting TKd and that is why we have the pinkening now.