Sign in to follow this  
StreetFreaker1

Very low fps and high ping

13 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
9 posts
2,023 battles

Hello there to the support forums

I have been experiencing very low fps and high ping since the latest patch to the game.For one match it works just fine. The next battle it stutters until it white screens and stops responding at all. The fps goes from 60 to 3 and 4 randomly and it never catches back up after it freezes.Changing my graphic settings doesn't seem to work either . I have most of my graphics settings  on low .

Thanks for reading this any help is appreciated

DxDiag.txt

[WORX]
Members
1,985 posts
13,433 battles
  1. Update/install the drivers for the graphics card
  2. uninstall/reinstall the game
  3. restart the CPU once steps 1 and 2 are complete
  4. check to see your performance in game\

This will clear up the issue HOWEVER, its not a guaranteed. IF this problem persist then yes I recommend getting a new PC for future gaming needs that WOWS my demand later.

cheers!

Edited by Navalpride33

Members
9 posts
18 battles

Check your router (cables).

Also do a chkdsk if you are using windows. 

Go to My Computer, rightclick Properties on the HDD where you have windows (presumably C:), click on Tools tab, click on the first option that say "Fix harddrive" or so (I have german version, forgot, but it is like an HDD maintenance tool). Select the first box (if you have time, do both), and hit start scan. You might have to restart computer and let it sit for a long while. 

Btw, I am not sure if it is a myth, but DO NOT do the above if your C: is an SSD.  

[QC]
Beta Testers
2 posts
3,239 battles

I have a same issue but my fps and ping got higher  70 fps all time( i have a gtx1080 updated) and many ping pick  between 40 and 400 in 5 sec ( i play bf1 at ultra and fps 30 and ping 40 average 

[WOLF4]
[WOLF4]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
566 posts
8,974 battles

@eljoego you may have resurrected an old thread, but I have noticed some of the same recently. If you could use something like PingPlotter and check, but it looks like Telia (same crap as pretty much always with them) has broken something on their end. This is what I am seeing on my end,

telia.thumb.JPG.d9190a66eed78fec84a8e1373e85021f.JPG

Hop 5 where it jumps up to 90. Before this started I was seeing around 70 ms at the last hop which translates to 35 or so in game (the in game ping is actually half of what it should be), and am regularly seeing 60 to 100 in game now. Unfortunately unless you have an ISP that cares and will listen there isn't much you can do, as Wargaming insists on using Telia for their routing. Sadly it has been hit and miss for years.

Members
85 posts
11,348 battles

Whatever it is, you can be sure it's our fault.  I had someone ram me at the start of a battle and then keep behind me so I couldn't turn away from the enemy without hitting him and (probably) grinding to a halt; I went to look him up and got the message that the Web Server wasn't available.  Finished the battle and got back to  port; viewing my ship was kind of laggy, but it went away, so I jumped into another battle.  Pinwheeled for a few minutes, so I tried to restart the game and kept getting messages about the DNS server not being found, and that was as close as I could get to the game for about 30 minutes.  Restarted my computer twice and that didn't help - I finally was able to get back in and now I'm a unsportsmanklike player for 'leaving a battle early' and pink for 3 battles.   Is this any way to run a  navy?

leave battle early.jpg

[WLDD]
Beta Testers
162 posts
5,230 battles

Don't see the disk usage issues with Windows 7 as you do with Win 10, which I've see cause similar issues, this almost sounds like a memory issue (system or graphics). As noted earlier, update your video drivers as they are woefully out of date. What I also see, along the lines of disk usage, is you have a mechanical harddrive that is at LEAST 5 years old. This is an age that I would STRONGLY recommend replacing the computer, let alone the harddrive, to prevent failure and catastrophic loss of data. You can download and run SeaTools for Windows from Seagate (the manufacturer of your HDD) to run a test on the drive.

https://www.seagate.com/support/downloads/seatools/

So recommendations:

1) Update your Video Drivers
2) Run some HDD diagnostics with the tool linked above
3) Consider purchasing a new HDD (<$100 on Amazon for a recommended 480GB based on what you currently have and free space; Samsung comes with software to help clone the drive but you'll need an adapter or 'professional' assistance
4) Consider saving for a newer PC and for future reference, the recommended age for a desktop replacement, in my experience is 5 years and closer to 3 or 4 for a laptop

[KWSN]
Members
1 post
12,208 battles

Amazing.  It was introduced with the latest patch.  DO NOT start screwing around with your system.  It is a GAME issue.  Flood support with tickets so they can backout the enhanced packet streaming fromt he latest patch.  It was anything but enhanced.

[BGA]
Members
8 posts
3,081 battles

Have only started seeing this recently. Only in the last week, and for me it only happens when I am playing CV in a game. I have an Inspiron 15 7559 with 16 GB ram only 2 years old and the spec should easily run this game and have been smoothly up until last week. What I get is lag spike with high fps which in the CV doesnt just lag but freezes the entire screen. No other issue with anything outside of WG with this problem.

Sign in to follow this