You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Yokindo

Team kills

14 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
6 posts
825 battles

I keep getting the Pink badge of shame without hitting team mates. Not sure what I am doing, but I am being as careful and my buddy is even in game watching me. Not sure what is causing it, but I am looking for insight as to what I am doing wrong. PLease don't flame me for asking, I am truly not trying to hit anyone, but it worries me that I have to carry that badge without knowing what is causing it. Thanks. 

[SEALZ]
Members
526 posts
5,210 battles
1 minute ago, Yokindo said:

I keep getting the Pink badge of shame without hitting team mates. Not sure what I am doing, but I am being as careful and my buddy is even in game watching me. Not sure what is causing it, but I am looking for insight as to what I am doing wrong. PLease don't flame me for asking, I am truly not trying to hit anyone, but it worries me that I have to carry that badge without knowing what is causing it. Thanks. 

Gonna take a wild guess and say torpedos. Honestly don’t worry about it, this happens to everyone at one point. Right now I’m working my pink shirt off with two games to go. Would have been one if a Scharnhorst wasn’t a jerk and crushed my Atlanta into an island yelling: “Get crushed teamkiller!”

[XBRTC]
Members
1,197 posts
7,146 battles
4 minutes ago, Yokindo said:

Post up some replays, let us take a look and see what you're doing.

Beta Testers
6 posts
825 battles

Yea, but last game i did not hit anyone at all. Its unfortunate, and I get randoms, but it just added a 4 game shirt for a game in which I hit no one. Frustrated llama I am.

[SEALZ]
Members
526 posts
5,210 battles
1 minute ago, Yokindo said:

Yea, but last game i did not hit anyone at all. Its unfortunate, and I get randoms, but it just added a 4 game shirt for a game in which I hit no one. Frustrated llama I am.

What ships are you playing my dude?

Beta Testers
6 posts
825 battles

Mostly cruisers and I know I hit some with rando torps. It's last game that worried me. I was sure and careful not to hit anyone. I'll try to get replays muuuuuh dudes.

[-AVA-]
Members
136 posts
7,193 battles

Check the results page after the battle is complete and it will tell you how many more battles you have the status. . .it's on the page where it breaks down how much damage you caused. Typically it is 5-7 battles but varies depending on how much team damage you cause over time. Also, even if you brush up against another friendly ship it is more time you spend with the pink. . .and there is always that one guy that tries to hit you intentionally while you are pink.

Don't worry about it. . .everyone experiences it from time to time due to the nature of the game and the "crap happens" factor. Play as normal but just be careful not to launch torps in the direction of friendlies and careful about itchy trigger finger when aiming.

• Cool 1

[WORX]
Members
1,634 posts
12,682 battles

Have to be careful, With the new patch comes stricter penalties in team killing category. Now I dont mind this get tough on Team killing approach. I just want to see an implementation of warning systems telling a

1. shooter when a friendly is approaching/clear of his shooting arc.
  2.  Warns the friendly your to close of your friendlies shooting arc MOVE ! lol

that is it I think its reasonable really. Cheers! 

• Cool 2

Beta Testers
6 posts
825 battles

Thanks guys and gals. I'll try harder to be on point with muh volleys and when firing muh lazers. 

[TBW]
Members
6,319 posts
11,869 battles
Just now, Yokindo said:

Thanks guys and gals. I'll try harder to be on point with muh volleys and when firing muh lazers. 

even bumping together extends the pink.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,780 posts
14,815 battles
1 hour ago, Yokindo said:

I keep getting the Pink badge of shame without hitting team mates.

not possible

[INTEL]
Members
8,410 posts
25,254 battles
16 hours ago, Umikami said:

not possible

I think he means his ship stayed pink after originally doing so.

@Yokindo
Usually when you get pink you get a specific number of games in which you stay pink and all damage done to team members is reflected back to you. For example, you might get 13 games to work it off. If that happens, during that stretch, if you do team damage for any reason, including -- insanely -- collisions, it will extend your period of pinkness. I actually died  once in a low health DD from colliding with a BB while pink. Stoopid, but WG wants team/CV cancer damage in the game.

If you go to the endgame screen and look on DETAILS  at the bottom under the game duration and time in game it tells you how much team damage you did and how many games you have left to work off the pinkness.

Best move is to get in a T4/5 premium like Murmansk that is cheap to run, go do a few gun salvos of damage in coop, and then die ASAP. Repeat with another low tier cheap ship. 

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,780 posts
14,815 battles
4 hours ago, Taichunger said:

I think he means his ship stayed pink after originally doing so.

No, I don't think so; I think he is upset because his torp hits got him pink.