Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
my13

Is there a way to opt out of clan battle?

9 comments in this topic

Members
32 posts
10,510 battles

I get invites for joining clans but schedule does not allow it, and the invite reply usually only allows yes/no. I would like to opt out so people dont waste their time or at least have 3rd response like can't.

[INTEL]
Members
8,429 posts
25,288 battles

Join a clan, you dont have to participate in clan battles. Clan 42 is pretty relaxed, and so are many others. 

There are benefits, including lower costs. For example, in DDs all clan members get a 3% XP bonus, because we built infrastructure in our clan port.

Playing with better clan members is a good way to learn the game and raise win rate. 

Members
2,092 posts
8,086 battles
4 minutes ago, my13 said:

I get invites for joining clans but schedule does not allow it, and the invite reply usually only allows yes/no. I would like to opt out so people dont waste their time or at least have 3rd response like can't.

You can join a clan but most do not actually require you to play CBs unless its one of the more competitive ones. CBs are entirely optional and the only thing that could possibly "force" you to play them is the clan's rules set by the leadership of said clan. 

[SYN]
Members
4,525 posts
11,433 battles

You can be in a clan and not fight clan battles.  It's up to the CO of the clan.

Members
32 posts
10,510 battles

thanks for the info. is there any way for me to indicate when I join that I may not be able to play any battles, and does my not playing any in any way hurt the clan?

[NEMO]
[NEMO]
Members
750 posts
6,836 battles
14 minutes ago, my13 said:

thanks for the info. is there any way for me to indicate when I join that I may not be able to play any battles, and does my not playing any in any way hurt the clan?

Have you ever used the game chat? Clans have a dedicated channel.

FYI, the clans that would invite you without interviewing you and testing your skills first are unlikely to be even remotely serious about clan wars...

[INTEL]
Members
8,429 posts
25,288 battles
16 hours ago, my13 said:

You can just communicate via  in-game messages, Discord, etc. Most of the major clans have a discord server.

Being in a good clan will definitely improve all aspects of your experience of the game, from gameplay to grinding out ships to socializing. Highly recommended.

If you don't like your clan, you can leave and find another. 

[LHG]
Members
1,618 posts
4,887 battles
1 hour ago, my13 said:

Join a clan that doesn't participate in clan wars but just earns oil and provides you with the advantages of base improvements.  There's lots of those out there and joining one of those will pretty much end the invites and provide you with a useful bennie in the bargain. 

Edited by BB3_Oregon_Steel

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,711 posts
11,331 battles

Lots of clans don't run clan battles, and those that do, not every member of the clan is necessarily on the clan battle team.  Chances seem high that clans that are sending you to invite without speaking with you prior... likely are not organized enough to do clan battles.  If you are interested, there are a number of clans that accept casual players with no interest in competitive play. All you gotta do is talk to someone in their leadership to find out.

Sign in to follow this