TankFodder

Launching WoW confuses other applications

3 comments in this topic

Members
2 posts
1,287 battles

I've got an odd interaction bug with WoW and my Windows 10 laptop:

- Windows 10 64 bit, 32GB ram, fully updated NVidea 1070, 1920x1080, dual monitors.

- WoW - very latest, Wargaming Game Center, WoW 0.7.3.0.329120

I play WoW full screen, max set on everything.  I have a number of other applications running - Firefox, Visual Studio 2008, 2015, etc.  After a battle, or more usually I've been sunk, I'll go off and do other things on my laptop while the game wraps up.  Enter weirdness mode - it seems that WoW messes up the windows stacking on some applications.  I can alt-tab to them, but one of them refuses input, it's as if the mouse and keyboard events are going to other applications.  To correct the problem, I usually have to kill off the application that's hosed and restart.

Any thoughts?

• Cool 1

Members
1,777 posts
5,635 battles

You can not run other applications while running wow's as the game is played it consumes ram and releases it as needed for the games interface and graphic's.  If other programs are running and it runs out of free ram it will overwrite any ram the others are using if favor of itself,  thus corrupting the other program.

Members
2 posts
1,287 battles

Seriously, I just cannot believe this is the case.  Windows 10 contains a full implementation of virtual memory.  For WoW to corrupt other applications, it would have to bypass most of the Windows OS memory management.  Highly unlikely.  This is more like WoW alters the stacking properties of application windows in some manner.