You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
centarina

turning Pink Criteria change?

17 comments in this topic

Members
9,434 posts
11,601 battles

I  hit a friendly  BB for  5k dmg with torp  last night and killed it, but didn't turn pink.   it was totally my misjudgement   (friendly was 8+km away moving away when I fired my 7km torps, but he turned around back into it)     I havn't tk'd in months though so I had clean record.    I am wondering if criteria for turning pink has changed.

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,765 posts
1,320 battles

I've had some times lately when I got away with one as well.  I imagine they're looking at severity and frequency as well now.  But who knows.  We don't have any data.

[ICOP]
[ICOP]
Members
700 posts
11,715 battles

I think you avoid being pink if you kill a division mate. Otherwise, this is surprising news.

Respects,

Am

[CK5]
Members
781 posts
6,246 battles

I got the pink penalty about a week ago for only the fourth time in 4500 matches by TK'ing a team mate for approximately the same damage amount as the OP.  Obviously there are criteria other than just sinking a green ship, such as cumulative damage over a period of time.  If I were you, Centarina, I would be very, very careful about causing ANY damage in the immediate future as it may put you over the mystery threshold.  

[-BSS-]
Members
484 posts
2,923 battles

I was once torped deliberately by a green Konigsberf in Kirishima, lost 20k health and flooded, had to damage control as I was already on fire. I then was hit for 2 fires and burned to death in a brawl with a Cesare as I was below 8k health after the torps. Worst thing is, he didn’t turn pink for removing nearly half my health, and losing us the match (clubbing in a T7 match is real lol). I was the last BB, and they had 2, one of which I could have easily killed (Mr Cesare), the other, a Colorado on half health, with ease assuming team support. Since there were 2 BBs to are none, they pushed and stomped the mothball push by the Konigsberg and remaining allies.

[AR15]
[AR15]
Beta Testers
98 posts
9,479 battles

I went pink for the first time in 5 months last week when one of my 4 shells from my Kamikaze went THROUGH a hole in a Langley and hit a friendly DD for 53 HP--which killed him....

• Funny 3

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,209 posts
5,669 battles

I have a friend I play with a lot, if either one of us ever becomes pink, we will deliberately try to ram one another to extend the pink. It leads to some hilarious insult wars in teamspeak lol.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,724 posts
11,347 battles

Pretty sure you should have gone pink. I have turned pink for a teamkill that did less than 100 damage (but still resulted in the ship sinking)

[HINON]
Members
8,854 posts
1 hour ago, GabeTheDespot said:

I was once torped deliberately by a green Konigsberf in Kirishima, lost 20k health and flooded, had to damage control as I was already on fire. I then was hit for 2 fires and burned to death in a brawl with a Cesare as I was below 8k health after the torps. Worst thing is, he didn’t turn pink for removing nearly half my health, and losing us the match (clubbing in a T7 match is real lol). I was the last BB, and they had 2, one of which I could have easily killed (Mr Cesare), the other, a Colorado on half health, with ease assuming team support. Since there were 2 BBs to are none, they pushed and stomped the mothball push by the Konigsberg and remaining allies.

The other ship doesn't always appear pink until the next match.

[SWOB]
Members
2,705 posts
15,550 battles

I think it's a certain damage threshold or a TK.

I've only been pink 4 times in nearly 3 years, so I don't have a ton of personal experience, but I have turned pinked from causing about 10k of team damage (set a yammy on fire and he couldn't/wouldn't repair it) but didn't kill and I have also had shell hit a friendly Zao for 105 damage, but just happened to be his last 105 of HP....got the TK...got pink.

[VOP]
Members
329 posts
6,760 battles

Something has definitely changed as before if low on health and I got team killed the person turned pink instantly while still in game. That doesn't happen any more that I have seen. Even if substantial damage was taken. They really should remove the safe haven status regarding TK while in a division. It should not matter if you are in a div or not and should be even across the board for everyone.

[KRAK]
Members
943 posts
13,070 battles

Something seems different because I had a match where I hit someone for like 6k and got an 8 game TK penalty but I would lose 2 or 3 games off my TK penalty every match afterward.

only took me about 3 or 4 matches to clear the 8 games.

[TF16B]
Members
8,065 posts
17,029 battles
53 minutes ago, dmb47 said:

I went pink for the first time in 5 months last week when one of my 4 shells from my Kamikaze went THROUGH a hole in a Langley and hit a friendly DD for 53 HP--which killed him....

Hilarious when you shoot at a Lang and watch the shells do that; not so much what happened in your case...

[-BSS-]
Members
484 posts
2,923 battles
1 hour ago, dmb47 said:

*laughs so hard and spit splutters everywhere* I hope you don’t get that kind of RNG.

[RKLES]
Members
7,106 posts
8,758 battles

Lol meanwhile had my  brand new Nurnberg out this morning, and was doing well and decided that I would ambush an approaching enemy BB. Based on his course would pass right between couple island and I would have enough time to hit him and I was fairly certain my Torps would hit and allow me to live. Well launched my Torps and some allied DD rushed in killed my target and then mindlessly wandered though likely with speed boost on and got hit by 1 of my Torps causing about 6300 damage and thankfully still left the DD barely alive. Surprised I did not turn pink over that one, but I am typically very careful and only killed about 6 allied ships and maybe turned pink 1 or 2 times other than that.

Maybe the system is more forgiving if you have a new stock ship that you might not be used to yet? :cap_yes:

Members
32 posts
10,546 battles

another big change is in co op there are now often red teams of all dds or cruisers, often all grouped together. this results in torps flying all over the place. for a while it got so bad that I would be on a team that was almost half pink in co op. also, since they give such huge penalties for us hitting friendly ships, when the reds hit each other we should get say 50k in extra credits ( I have seen reds hit each other several times trying to kill me)