You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Reymu

Weekend spree

21 comments in this topic

[NG-NL]
Members
4,964 posts
8,109 battles

Didn't play Saturday cause worn out inside from college homework and seeing Ready Player One--found the movie severely lacking in everything except special effects.

Lost more than half my matches Sunday. Akatsuki w/ Yamamoto had a charmed time, even grabbing a coveted achievement:

N8nzxtd.jpg

Made some progress toward Khab, Monarch, Fushun, and GK all at once. Tashkent had the worst runs with potatoes, but had one fun moment where I charged an inattentive Bismarck w/ engine boost, he panicked and tried to run, but I put 3 torps in him for a DS. One of the DDs on other team congratulated that.

To my amusement, a couple of the losses partly came from a T10 DD or BB that overextended into cap, died, and then started complaining about the lack of support. It was hilarious picking on them for being aggressive at the wrong time and easy to beat their weak base XP.

• Bad 1

[WOLF2]
Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles

My weekend went pretty well. Won a bunch of games in the Neptune, which hadn't happened before. It probably helped that destroyers were out in force. Everything else was pretty standard. People complaining about their team, only to finish near the bottom of their team. People venturing off on their own, and dying quickly. People getting right up next to the cap, and fighting, rather than moving a few inches forward, and be in the cap.

[DETN8]
Beta Testers
760 posts
5,807 battles

Seeing your top tier BB go to J1 and sniper fire from there is always a treat :(

[SIM]
Members
2,447 posts
4,080 battles

I played a bit on Saturday and Sunday night. First I rushed through the missions to unlock Isoroku, and was a bit disappointed the "voice" work (I don't watch the show, so the humor is mostly lost on me). I spent some time in the Texas, trying to grind out the Twitch camo, and was pleasantly reminded about just how much that I enjoy the ship. Took out the Musashi, and still find that I despise the ship. I also sortied a bit in my Tirpitz in honor of @dseehafer, though I fear that I didn't do his favorite boat any justice. My best, or at the very least, my most consistently good, rounds came in what I've come to realize is my favorite ship to play, the Duke of York. Overall it wasn't a bad weekend, though I'm stuck trying to shoot down ten planes in my Texas. :cap_rambo:

[NOOOB]
Members
1,441 posts
12,097 battles

Played a bit, had a few head-scratchers where you load in quickly and see you were the filler for a higher tier game, wondering “why am I here”.  Hard to be successful in a Perth in a tier 8 game with a bit of radar, or a Nelson in a tier 9 game.  

Got Isoroku, dropped him in my Katori - seemed appropriate to drop an overweight cat in my painfully slow tier 3 cruiser.  

Edited by Panzer1113

[TBW]
Members
6,351 posts
11,894 battles

Made about 15,000,000 credits in scenarios, and bought the Saint Louis, ship 213 in port.

[INTEL]
Members
751 posts
7,931 battles
37 minutes ago, Bronco said:

Seeing your top tier BB go to J1 and sniper fire from there is always a treat :(

Better than your top tier Tirpitz dying in the first 3 minutes, proceed to complain that he cant hurt anything but always dies fast. Then discovering he's a crusty veteran of.. TWENTY FOUR.... random matches. Less than 100 Co-op as well.

Then in the same match a real salty dog (77 randoms) in a Perth pushes my Belfast out of my smoke and nearly pushes my Div mate out as well.

Edited by Ares1967

[SIM]
Members
2,447 posts
4,080 battles
39 minutes ago, Panzer1113 said:

Played a bit, had a few head-scratchers where you load in quickly and see you were the filler for a higher tier game, wondering “why am I here”.  Hard to be successful in a Perth in a tier 8 game with a bit of radar, or a Nelson in a tier 9 game.  

Got Isoroku, dropped him in my Katori - seemed appropriate to drop an overweight cat in my painfully slow tier 3 cruiser.  

Nelson’s HE shells mean that she’s always relevant in a match, but yeah, her jaw is glass at Tier IX.

Members
1,690 posts
7,231 battles

I just wanted to knock out the patch missions in one go, but they requested something like 20+ wins...  That basically had the effect of herding me into co-op that I almost never play, and I actually had a good time in co-op.  I was getting away with crazy stuff, like going straight into the middle of the fray on GK (rarely works in randoms, if ever), or going all yolo on Kutuzov into close range and using AP and torps for lots of citadels.

[PROJX]
Members
967 posts
15,509 battles

Got the Republique (but keeping my 19-pt Commanders on the Alsace - I REALLY liked how that ship plays), got a kitty commander & almost thru the Normandie cammo Missions.

• Cool 1

[NOOOB]
Members
1,441 posts
12,097 battles
34 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

Nelson’s HE shells mean that she’s always relevant in a match, but yeah, her jaw is glass at Tier IX.

Yup, nothing like having 2 Musashi and a Alsace shooting at your glass jaw, does not help that the team was doing poorly also...

• Funny 1

[TDG]
Members
1,127 posts
5,736 battles

Picked up Algérie with the discount and had a couple good matches with her.

Almost finished the grind through Normandie.

Completed the cat commander mission without special effort.  Didn't really do anything special for the badge missions, but did make progress on one and completed the other.  I figured I would never get past the requirement of 3 citadels in a win for the remaining one, but my Iowa double citadeled a Yamato, and then got another on a New Orleans who thought they had enough angle before I was focused down in one of my few wins on Sleeping Giant.

I made progress on the Yamamoto campaign and accumulated much Elite Commander XP, Free XP, and credits in Space Battles.  In Space Battles, I have been rotating through the ships that generate the highest returns in XP.  I am credit positive in all of them, so I am generating silver as well (if not as fast as I could in Randoms).

[DARTH]
Members
532 posts
11,378 battles

Had a good time, got a new kitteh.  Did well in fandoms, then ran space battles with a friend who totally potatoed.  Lucky those don’t count.  Got 700k elite captain xp, need to figure out who to spend it on next.

huzzah. :)

[NEMO]
Members
69 posts
3 hours ago, Reymu said:

Didn't play Saturday cause worn out inside from college homework and seeing Ready Player One--found the movie severely lacking in everything except special effects.

Lost more than half my matches Sunday. Akatsuki w/ Yamamoto had a charmed time, even grabbing a coveted achievement:

N8nzxtd.jpg

Made some progress toward Khab, Monarch, Fushun, and GK all at once. Tashkent had the worst runs with potatoes, but had one fun moment where I charged an inattentive Bismarck w/ engine boost, he panicked and tried to run, but I put 3 torps in him for a DS. One of the DDs on other team congratulated that.

To my amusement, a couple of the losses partly came from a T10 DD or BB that overextended into cap, died, and then started complaining about the lack of support. It was hilarious picking on them for being aggressive at the wrong time and easy to beat their weak base XP.

Pretty sure I was in that match with you.....

[SF-3]
Members
1,450 posts
7,929 battles

It was alright. Didn't play much ships this weekend, not like I normally do. I finally ended up buying some ships I had been holding off on, Neptune, KGV, LaGas, Gaja, Alsasce. Still have about 40 mil, but I need to buy Shokaku, Lex, Z23, Yug, maybe a few others, cant remember. Started retraining, my god I hate the DOY, considering just putting the caps in their ships and retraining that way.

Finished up my Northgard campaign, just a more chill weekend.

[WOLF9]
Members
3,161 posts

I worked all weekend, so I only got a few games in...:Smile_sad:

Highlights:

Lyon continues to be a freaking beast!  I just wish the dang turrets would turn faster- my God, are they slow...   The secondaries are crazy good though- I routinely look up to see high damage scores when I thought I was having a middling game.  I like to play mine like a German BB- avoid the torp chuckers, and wade into the nearest concentration of BB's I can find.   Doesn't help with the slow traverse at ALL, but my hit rate goes way up- and the secondaries pound the crap out of things.    The weird turret arrangement makes the usual bow- on/ angled tactic a lesson in frustration- just pewing away with 1 turret a couple times every minute...

Sometimes you eat cits and die, sometimes you get away with it and enjoy fun brawls/knife fights.   Either result is more exciting than trying to bang away at distant targets, or whittle something down with 1 or 2 turrets and the FR BB low pen and bad dispersion.   And did I mention it's fun, lol?!    Had plenty of luck with Lyon this weekend!

I also had one of my best Sims games ever, last night.  96k damage, 10 torp hits, and 3 kills.   Sims devoured the enemy Sims, the tier 6 Frenchie BB , and a Texas, and got some punches in on a New Mexico, too.   This lil speed demon is a joy to play when you've been playing BB's most of the night.

The rest of Yesterdays games were played in Pensacola and Baltimore.   Baltimore was citting everything in sight, and at one point, I had all the kills on our team- then the enemy T8 Frenchie decided it wanted me dead...   I had him within a whisper of his life and burning brightly when one of my teammates finished him. ( I was dead, and just watching the damage counter spin up at that point.)  Man, I love that cruiser!   Far as I'm concerned, WG can take forever to impliment the split, lol.

Sometime this weekend I drug Torpenau out, and did pretty well with it- just forget which day.

Downsides:   Friday was just plain yukky.  

Tried my hand at space battles (to grind E-XP.), and didn't enjoy it at all...  Each game was a prime example of what everyone rants and raves about on here inre Random teams.  Just with different graphics.   Horrible, ugly lopsided losses...    Nope, Not me.  Thankskbye.  

Also on the annoying side,  CV's continue to completely avoid my AA spec Baltimore...:Smile_sad:  Even bot CV's won't go anywhere near it, lol.

I had one game in Pensacola, where I didn't get to fire a single shot all game.  All I got was a cap.   Islands of Ice Domination, bottom tier, and the only cruiser on a BB/DD team.   Our DD's all went left, when I spawned far right.   Red Team all charged the DD's...  No way in heck was I showing my broadside to the whole map for that long to get over there.   I was hoping to lure one or 2 reds away when they saw the cap turning colors, but no dice.   4 freaking DD's and they ALL went to the far left cap.  (from BOTH teams)   Snore...

Edited by Fletcher7_1944

[TEARZ]
[TEARZ]
Beta Testers
310 posts
7,383 battles

Saturday, played solo till mid  afternoon then teamed up with clan mates. Played Alsasce trying to get that daily win in, played 3 games in a row all loses. Got confederate all three games, 167k, 135k, 105k damage. Since I was so close to getting the captain to 19pts I played the gascan 2 games to level him up. Got him to 19pts, got manual secondaries, and played the best damage game of my career 228k. 

Members
1,132 posts
3,141 battles

Weekend isn't over yet (it never is). Potatoes everywhere. I had a match with one taiho on each team. Our taiho was 3-2-2, theirs was 2-3-2. Of course we expected him to kill some of the planes, but that was obviously far too much to ask. He ended the battle on the bottom of the scoreboard with a grand total of 4 (four) planes shot down. The enemy carrier absolutely feasted on us and easily won the game for his team. 

[INTEL]
Members
8,453 posts
25,350 battles

delete

Edited by Taichunger

Members
2,120 posts
4,735 battles

Are weekday and weekend matches even that different these days? I certainly don't see much of a difference. The number of steamrolls has definitely gone up since 2017. Many more teams that simply chicken out and do absolutely nothing, sitting there waiting to be slaughtered. Today I was supporting an allied Normandy against an enemy New Mex, Normandy had around 28k HP and New Mex had around 35k. I was in the QE and landed a 10k salvo on the enemy New Mex, the next thing that happened was.... the Normandy RAMMED the New Mex even with support from bigger guns. That was mind boggling and I confronted the player after the match, asking him why he made such a stupid move. Had he not done that our team could have won. He said: "I could not maneuver out of it so I did the best I could." Lie. He could have totally kited away with his guns still facing the enemy.