Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Zarenno

Never looking at survivability expert the same way again...

30 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

77
[OPG]
[OPG]
Members
137 posts
7,211 battles

I was in Clan battles and it has saved me a few times, but none quite so heart pounding such as this! 

 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31
[PLPT]
Members
65 posts
4,515 battles

Ya, man. I never used it while grinding my USN DDs, but I decided on it for my KMS ones. It makes all the difference in bullying caps with my Z52.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,226
[RKLES]
Members
7,106 posts
8,758 battles

It can be a useful skill, at least on some ships. Then again it can take the place of far more useful skills on the other ships though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,311
[CRMSN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,356 posts
3,564 battles

SE on DD's should be mandatory outside of IJN DD's. 

 

The amount of times I would of sunk without is is very very high. 

  • Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
650
[-K-]
[-K-]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
2,049 posts
9,289 battles
3 minutes ago, NobleWhiteMan said:

Ya, man. I never used it while grinding my USN DDs, but I decided on it for my KMS ones. It makes all the difference in bullying caps with my Z52.

Yep it is very effective for pretty much all DDs with few exceptions.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,867
[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
3,777 posts
12,906 battles

Disregard...I thought we were talking "Last Stand".

Edited by Soshi_Sone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
691
[DRACS]
Members
3,351 posts

I have it on all my DDs now. It's a fixed value, and while its not that useful on battleships and cruisers, it comes out to on 15-20% extra health on destroyers which is massive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,130 posts
6,721 battles
40 minutes ago, Cobraclutch said:

SE on DD's should be mandatory outside of IJN DD's. 

 

The amount of times I would of sunk without is is very very high. 

tbh, i use it on all my DDs, including IJN.   You can't go wrong adding a few k more to your health in any DD.  it has been the difference in so many games between dying and living, or putting off death for a few more min.      and contrary to popular belief, IJN DDs have some decent guns in the mid to high tiers. 

i had this game yesterday.  just barely got a way after gunning down an atago and avoiding groz fire.

 

 

Screenshot 2018-04-09 10.50.22.png

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
272
[BLKRS]
[BLKRS]
Alpha Tester
465 posts
2,092 battles
1 hour ago, Frederick_The_Great said:

tbh, i use it on all my DDs, including IJN.   You can't go wrong adding a few k more to your health in any DD.  it has been the difference in so many games between dying and living, or putting off death for a few more min.      and contrary to popular belief, IJN DDs have some decent guns in the mid to high tiers. 

i had this game yesterday.  just barely got a way after gunning down an atago and avoiding groz fire.

 

 

Screenshot 2018-04-09 10.50.22.png

I use my IJN DD guns all the time. It's the difference between a mediocre DD player and a great DD player. Knowing when to torp spam, and knowing when to open fire with the guns and help lay down fires on targets.

Beyond popular belief, you don't actually always get immediately focused down as a DD the moment you start shooting. At least, not if you're smart about when you choose too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
532
[KP]
Members
1,998 posts
18,484 battles
2 hours ago, Cobraclutch said:

SE on DD's should be mandatory outside of IJN DD's. 

 

The amount of times I would of sunk without is is very very high. 

RU DD's it's a wasted skill if your not dumping every last point into something to improve your main battery you're doing it wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
251
[TASH]
Members
1,766 posts
3,978 battles

SE on cruisers is very underrated.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
842 posts
29 minutes ago, Skeem689 said:

SE on cruisers is very underrated.  

In most cases, it's simply not worth it, compared to other skills you could take.  It tends to be 8%, at most, for a cruiser, and often 4-5%.

That said, I take it on my RN CLs, because they're so low on HP in the first place, and the T8+ ships get a super-heal, so it's advantages are multiplied a lot.

 

I might consider putting it on a T4-6 cruiser, but only if I had a 19 point captain and was looking for something to do with points. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
367
[XBRTC]
Members
1,202 posts
7,185 battles
1 hour ago, IronMike11B4O said:

RU DD's it's a wasted skill if your not dumping every last point into something to improve your main battery you're doing it wrong.

 

Oh, I don't know about that so much. My Healkhab benefits from it quite substantially, but then I've got a 19pt captain. It's made a big difference in clan battles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,612
[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,635 posts
14,025 battles

It's always good fun for everyone involved when you see a Battleship with SE.

16Np16F.gif

It always gets recognized immediately and everyone on both teams gets a laugh.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
532
[KP]
Members
1,998 posts
18,484 battles
32 minutes ago, LT_Rusty_SWO said:

 

Oh, I don't know about that so much. My Healkhab benefits from it quite substantially, but then I've got a 19pt captain. It's made a big difference in clan battles.

I'm a top 5 player in RU DD's my average in Khab is over 20K higher than yours. This is not a stat shame in anyway this is me telling you that you could increase your damage output therefore increasing your worth to your team. You know what SE does for you when you go up against players like myself? It just gives me more XP by bleeding off that extra HP for no real gain on your part. Buff the guns and be the monster you are supposed to be. You have a heal making those 3 extra skill points for SE a complete waste when BFT or DE are far batter choices. I run 19 point captains in all my RU DD's tier 4-10. The only one that breaks the norm is at tier 9 in the Tashkent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
532
[KP]
Members
1,998 posts
18,484 battles
1 minute ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

It's always good fun for everyone involved when you see a Battleship with SE.

16Np16F.gif

It always gets recognized immediately and everyone on both teams gets a laugh.

 

Yay more XP! Thanks is what I always say when I see it LOL.

Edited by IronMike11B4O

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36
[SF-3]
[SF-3]
Beta Testers
227 posts
12,857 battles

yep i run it on all my dds. it has come in handy more than a few times. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
110
[O7]
[O7]
Members
287 posts
12,074 battles
2 hours ago, IronMike11B4O said:

I'm a top 5 player in RU DD's my average in Khab is over 20K higher than yours. This is not a stat shame in anyway this is me telling you that you could increase your damage output therefore increasing your worth to your team. You know what SE does for you when you go up against players like myself? It just gives me more XP by bleeding off that extra HP for no real gain on your part. Buff the guns and be the monster you are supposed to be. You have a heal making those 3 extra skill points for SE a complete waste when BFT or DE are far batter choices. I run 19 point captains in all my RU DD's tier 4-10. The only one that breaks the norm is at tier 9 in the Tashkent.

Buddy.. You realize XP is based off percentage HP not total HP damage dealt. so SE actually hurts your XP gain. That outta the way, if you average only 67k in Khaba, then claim to be a top RU dd player.... you're fooling yourself. Not a stat shame either, just saying going off making claims like that ruins your credibility.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
532
[KP]
Members
1,998 posts
18,484 battles
10 minutes ago, Kebobstuzov said:

Buddy.. You realize XP is based off percentage HP not total HP damage dealt. so SE actually hurts your XP gain. That outta the way, if you average only 67k in Khaba, then claim to be a top RU dd player.... you're fooling yourself. Not a stat shame either, just saying going off making claims like that ruins your credibility.

Look at tier 4-7 RU DD's. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
367
[XBRTC]
Members
1,202 posts
7,185 battles
3 hours ago, IronMike11B4O said:

I'm a top 5 player in RU DD's my average in Khab is over 20K higher than yours. This is not a stat shame in anyway this is me telling you that you could increase your damage output therefore increasing your worth to your team. You know what SE does for you when you go up against players like myself? It just gives me more XP by bleeding off that extra HP for no real gain on your part. Buff the guns and be the monster you are supposed to be. You have a heal making those 3 extra skill points for SE a complete waste when BFT or DE are far batter choices. I run 19 point captains in all my RU DD's tier 4-10. The only one that breaks the norm is at tier 9 in the Tashkent.

 

No, I didn't take it as a stat-shame. I know I'm barely an average player on my best days. :D

I have BFT and AFT. SE doesn't just give you more HP up front... it also makes each one of your heals bigger as well.

And, quite honestly, I'm not as worried about how much XP you get for killing me as I am about maybe having those extra seconds while I'm waiting for a fire to extinguish or for my repair to be available, or being able to take those extra few hits when I get surprised by a DM at close quarters or something.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
532
[KP]
Members
1,998 posts
18,484 battles
2 minutes ago, LT_Rusty_SWO said:

 

No, I didn't take it as a stat-shame. I know I'm barely an average player on my best days. :D

I have BFT and AFT. SE doesn't just give you more HP up front... it also makes each one of your heals bigger as well.

And, quite honestly, I'm not as worried about how much XP you get for killing me as I am about maybe having those extra seconds while I'm waiting for a fire to extinguish or for my repair to be available, or being able to take those extra few hits when I get surprised by a DM at close quarters or something.

 

 

Good deal I was just using stats to illustrate a point. Have a good day man.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
367
[XBRTC]
Members
1,202 posts
7,185 battles
4 minutes ago, IronMike11B4O said:

Good deal I was just using stats to illustrate a point. Have a good day man.

 

You too! See you out on the water!

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
370
[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,239 posts

It's a set value which means for low HP pools a higher percentage gain. I use it on basically all of my DDs and I think it's better than Superintendent. There's no cooldown on starting a match with more health.

Edited by w4spl3g

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
383
[WOLFB]
Members
1,666 posts
8,052 battles

SE is great on DD. I never use this skill on any other ship simply because their are much better skill. SE is useless for BB, useless for CV and way too much situational on CA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
444
[BOTES]
Members
1,896 posts
6,607 battles

BoS with India Yankee and India Delta gives you more effective health than SE for CA. SE is for 6 digit health memes on BB. Mandatory pick on all DD.

Think about it this way; would you rather have 3500 HP that disappears almost instantly from regular HE pens, or a permanent 35% reduction to fire duration? 20 sec fires that you can fully heal (and heal more of at once). Yeah, that adds up to a hell of a lot more than 3500 HP and it adds up fast.

Especially if you're anchoring somewhere, FP BoS with the right signals makes bow on CA very tanky for CW.

Edited by awildseaking

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×