You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
ArgosRising

Maximizing XP - Kidd

3 comments in this topic

Members
242 posts
608 battles

Morning all!

I might catch some flak (pun intended) but I was just curious if on the Kidd, if I wanted to maximize my XP return (to take advantage of all the upcoming XP bonuses) should I spec for a full AA build? 

I noticed the Kidd comes in at 7th in term average XP on premiums and I am just wondering how I can get the most for sailing this ship.

Where does she get the XP from? Is it AA, Capping, beating up on DDs, spotting? I know it will be a mix of course, but if I really wanted to min-max the XP events where am I focusing my build at. 

[5BS]
Members
4,493 posts

Don't spec for AA, but take the obvious advantages; always carry DFAA, take (if you have it) the DFAA time extension, but spec the ship overall as a DD hunter; it's probably the most blatant OP, PTW ship at T8. Take SE, DE, IFHE and CE and you will outspot 90% of your foes, you can farm damage on cruisers up to an including most of the T10's, and she has as much potential health as most Light Cruisers. There really should be no DD knife fight you lose in a Kidd. Launch your torps *before* you spot someone, where you think someone will be, then stick to your guns (literally) and try to drive them into the torp's path.

• Cool 1

Members
242 posts
608 battles
7 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

Don't spec for AA, but take the obvious advantages; always carry DFAA, take (if you have it) the DFAA time extension, but spec the ship overall as a DD hunter; it's probably the most blatant OP, PTW ship at T8. Take SE, DE, IFHE and CE and you will outspot 90% of your foes, you can farm damage on cruisers up to an including most of the T10's, and she has as much potential health as most Light Cruisers. There really should be no DD knife fight you lose in a Kidd. Launch your torps *before* you spot someone, where you think someone will be, then stick to your guns (literally) and try to drive them into the torp's path.

Awesome, thank you for your advice.