You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
NoZoupForYou

How to Aim - Help an Ensign

9 comments in this topic

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
1,426 posts
4,720 battles

Probably too basic for the forums, but help a new player if you need to.

• Cool 6

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles
5 minutes ago, NoZoupForYou said:

Well thanks Zoup, I watch when I get home, I am sure it will help me like many of your videos have.

I do not think of myself as a New Player BUT I can always pick up pointers for improvement.

Members
6,622 posts
25,255 battles

Good work Zoup. Noobs can benefit.

Next one you should mention and show examples of angling, and teach dynamic crosshair.

Members
242 posts
608 battles
52 minutes ago, NoZoupForYou said:

Thanks for all you do, Zoup :cap_like:

[TF-64]
Members
364 posts
12,583 battles

Have to check it out anyway since my gunnery is mediocre but I'm with Alex. Angling is something I'm so bad with. I'm with him for a recommendation for your next vid. 

44 minutes ago, alexf24 said:

Good work Zoup. Noobs can benefit.

Next one you should mention and show examples of angling, and teach dynamic crosshair.

[TBW]
Members
6,319 posts
11,869 battles

This is a re-release isn't it? Always helpful for the initiates. +1

[ARGSY]
Members
5,722 posts
3,912 battles

There's nothing like good advice to help newcomers put their first salvo at least close. The rest comes with getting experience in the ship. You can watch all the videos you want, but ships have their own little quirks (including the way the velocity falls off downrange) and judging the enemy ship's speed (the other important variable in judging lead) is something that only comes with experience.

When it all comes together, the results can be really spectacular.

[PROJX]
Members
967 posts
15,431 battles
3 hours ago, Slightlyaskewed said:

Have to check it out anyway since my gunnery is mediocre but I'm with Alex. Angling is something I'm so bad with. I'm with him for a recommendation for your next vid. 

Hey Slightly askewed! - Great job by Zoup as always!  Couldn't help but notice your lament about hitting angled targets.  Hopefully, the following will help while we wait for his next vid:

WOWS Enjoyment - Shooting at Angled Targets

When you have to shoot at angled targets, here are some quick tips to adjust your lead properly to increase your changes of hitting.

Good Luck!  o7

Members
1,547 posts
9,804 battles

Good stuff Zoup. I use the timer to help me aim and the distance to increase or decrease the aim based on how far the ship is from mine.

It's a good start but the enemy ship speed would have been much useful. I think that's where experience kicks in. Getting a feel for how fast the other ships is going is vital otherwise you will be consistently over and under shooting. Those who are experienced with this also use it to their benefit to avoid being hit by changing their ships speed and direction often.

There's so much more to learn but what you include here are the essentials. All new players should watch this video. Thanks Zoup!! I'd love to see more advanced aiming vids