Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
TheLastSterling

Best time to play?

11 comments in this topic

[WAIFU]
Members
60 posts
4,767 battles

So I've been getting terrible teams over the past few days. Usually most lose streaks last for 1-3 battles, but now it has been really bad with around 5 loses in a row. I've gotten teams that keep lemming training and/or fish balling. I've heard late nights and early mornings are the worst, so what is everyone's perfered hours to play?

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,871 posts
13,382 battles

Find a couple of buddies to division with, it helps mitigate the weekend factor.

Personally I've always played odd hours due to time zones so the closer you can get to prime times the better chance of having decent(ish) MM

Edited by Camo68

[PNP]
Members
391 posts
2,839 battles

If you are looking for teams with more consistenticy, then you will have to play in the off hours. 5-7 PM or weekend play I tend to avoid unless I need to finish missions. My preference.

Late nights and early morning games are the best. You run into drunk players more often. :cap_book:

[VIP-2]
Members
804 posts
2,827 battles

I like to play at 6p-4a Mon-Thurs, 3p-5a Sunday US EST.

When i play before those hours or on the weekends i find my playstyle doesnt match my teams the best. ie better WR, in my prefered hours.

I start off in randoms, trying to maximize my daily bonuses, and as the night wears on i wrap things up in coop so i dont have to wait as long for matches. At the moment i am grinding the emerald almost completely through coop.

Edited by c3shooter
clarity

[INTEL]
Members
6,630 posts
25,339 battles

Prime time (USA) you get the most players and diverse matches.

Weekends, potatoes are out in full

For T5 you get the best chances of getting a decent MM (i.e. not uptiered to T7) when the server population is above 13,000 or so (not guaranteed of course)

In coop, when the server population is low, the chances of getting too many green bots to fill up are higher. It is not unheard of to have 7 bots and you which is awful. Bots are stupid and  DDs love to ram each other early for some reason, robbing you of targets and making for shorter matches. Also when server population is lower you get higher chance of having a bot CV in your team.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,722 posts
11,337 battles

I find it's more about me than my teams, I can get a crap team at any point in the day, and I can carry (or not) at any point in the day. But yea, a division will help stack the deck in your favor.

Members
17,792 posts
5,084 battles

Best time to play is when you feel like it.

Otherwise, you aren't playing the game, the game is playing you.

• Cool 1

Members
400 posts
6,311 battles
4 hours ago, TheLastSterling said:

So I've been getting terrible teams over the past few days. Usually most lose streaks last for 1-3 battles, but now it has been really bad with around 5 loses in a row. I've gotten teams that keep lemming training and/or fish balling. I've heard late nights and early mornings are the worst, so what is everyone's perfered hours to play?

Best time for me on East coast is 8pm. Best team play IMO. Week ends and afternoons when kids let out blow big time. Mornings is not that bad, 10 to 12, but still hit or miss. I have used this to pick my time playing and my win rate has almost gained 1 point from about 48.50 to now at 49.22. 

[KP]
Members
1,998 posts
18,464 battles
5 hours ago, TheLastSterling said:

I have been a grinder like 30-50 match a day grinder, the best time is before 3PM West Coast time. Before that in most tiers you have IMHO the best team play for solo randoms. After 3PM there is a noticable drop in team play and just general player quality until about 7pm Pacific then it picks up a bit until around 10PMish after that it's a crap shoot. These time have been consistent for me for over 2 years and 15K battles so I have a large enough sample to pass judgement. @alexf24 who responded earlier is an old grinder buddy of mine and can vouch for these times as well.

[RKLES]
Members
7,104 posts
8,758 battles

I sometimes wake up at 4 or 5 AM and start playing and things are often pretty good then usually lol.

Sign in to follow this