You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
zuga_01

Been a year

19 comments in this topic

[BLOME]
Members
945 posts
6,397 battles

I signed up for this game on 7 April last year, so it's about a year I spent and here's some things I learned, experienced.

- When I was at tier 1, I didn't even know the WASD hack, I would either go forward or reverse, I was more scared of the bots than real players then lol. Hashidate was favorite.

- At tier 2, I saw torps. I had 0 idea about ship types, so when I saw a ship launched its torps, I was so sad because I couldn't. I asked in the chat how to get torpedoes on your ship and a player replied that I have to buy a ship with torpedo tubes. The fact - I was on my 1st tier 2 cruiser and hadn''t researched any DD, nor did I had any knowledge about them.

- At tier 3, I yoloed a lot with Tenryu because it has torps. Allahu akbar!!! Same with Wakatake.

- At tier 4, I yoloed more and more with IJN DD isokaze, game starts > WWWW > Speed boost > Yolo launch torps at any incoming ship towards me. Had 0 idea about concealment, torp range, gun range. Torp range didn't matter cuz I launch them at point blank yolo range. But I was aware to use AP in my Wyoming.

- At tier 5, I hid a lot than actually play, because in first few games I was dev striked by BBs and it was a psychological shock. I did all the troll noob things you can't imagine. Hiding behind islands entire match, going round and round around an island with an enemy BB, going lonely to caps, hiding behind islands and ambushing enemy BBs for a yolo torpedo run. By this time, I liked cruisers too much cuz torps and rapid gun reload.

Every game was a #yolo mission for me. As I remember, tier 1-4 was real fun. #noob

Then slowly I learned things from this forum. Without this forum, I actually had no idea what I was doing, complete noob troll [edited]. Then I learned that instead of [edited]around I should actually learned to play and not yolo. This is not a deathmatch server.

I began experimenting with IJN DD Isokaze, learned about concealment, then with cruisers, not showing broadside #noob.

I got Minotaur as 1st tier 10 ship. I had no idea how to play UK ships when I was at Emerald. I was really a troll noob. Only the forumites helped me to learn things which I could never have otherwise.

After 3800 matches I have only 2 tier 10s, Gearing is my 2nd. I have no tier 6 tech tree BB, only the MO & Duke. I am still a potato though, don't really feel the urge to play like I used to. I play 2 or 3 times a month now.

So all the gibberish aside, I must say thank you to all the forumites who posted some really helpful tips and advice. Good day.

-

• Cool 6

[OPG]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,871 posts
10,411 battles

8100 battles in, 18 t10s in port, 1 to go

• Cool 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,220 posts
8,380 battles

After 3800 battles I only have two T10s too.

And I say meh, T10 is just not that exciting for me.

• Cool 1

[VW]
Members
1,811 posts
12,262 battles

I pretty much share you experience for all points except tier 10. 0 tier ten ships for me, i havent free xp any and am tier 9 for the 4 core lines. The tier 9 grind is extremely painful for me to the point where i rarely play those ships and am instead working the other lines up to tier 8.

• Cool 1

[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
1,446 posts
6,317 battles
2 hours ago, Fog_Battleship_NCarolina said:

Maybe you should start a brag thread. :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 2
  • Angry 1

[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
1,446 posts
6,317 battles
3 hours ago, zuga_01 said:

I signed up for this game on 7 April last year, so it's about a year I spent and here's some things I learned, experienced.

- When I was at tier 1, I didn't even know the WASD hack, I would either go forward or reverse, I was more scared of the bots than real players then lol. Hashidate was favorite.

- At tier 2, I saw torps. I had 0 idea about ship types, so when I saw a ship launched its torps, I was so sad because I couldn't. I asked in the chat how to get torpedoes on your ship and a player replied that I have to buy a ship with torpedo tubes. The fact - I was on my 1st tier 2 cruiser and hadn''t researched any DD, nor did I had any knowledge about them.

- At tier 3, I yoloed a lot with Tenryu because it has torps. Allahu akbar!!! Same with Wakatake.

- At tier 4, I yoloed more and more with IJN DD isokaze, game starts > WWWW > Speed boost > Yolo launch torps at any incoming ship towards me. Had 0 idea about concealment, torp range, gun range. Torp range didn't matter cuz I launch them at point blank yolo range. But I was aware to use AP in my Wyoming.

- At tier 5, I hid a lot than actually play, because in first few games I was dev striked by BBs and it was a psychological shock. I did all the troll noob things you can't imagine. Hiding behind islands entire match, going round and round around an island with an enemy BB, going lonely to caps, hiding behind islands and ambushing enemy BBs for a yolo torpedo run. By this time, I liked cruisers too much cuz torps and rapid gun reload.

Every game was a #yolo mission for me. As I remember, tier 1-4 was real fun. #noob

Then slowly I learned things from this forum. Without this forum, I actually had no idea what I was doing, complete noob troll [edited]. Then I learned that instead of [edited]around I should actually learned to play and not yolo. This is not a deathmatch server.

I began experimenting with IJN DD Isokaze, learned about concealment, then with cruisers, not showing broadside #noob.

I got Minotaur as 1st tier 10 ship. I had no idea how to play UK ships when I was at Emerald. I was really a troll noob. Only the forumites helped me to learn things which I could never have otherwise.

After 3800 matches I have only 2 tier 10s, Gearing is my 2nd. I have no tier 6 tech tree BB, only the MO & Duke. I am still a potato though, don't really feel the urge to play like I used to. I play 2 or 3 times a month now.

So all the gibberish aside, I must say thank you to all the forumites who posted some really helpful tips and advice. Good day.

-

GG m8 well done :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 1

[DRB]
[DRB]
Beta Testers
819 posts
4,509 battles
4 hours ago, zuga_01 said:

-

Wow 5000 games in one year that's impressive. 

• Cool 1

[NDA]
Supertester, Alpha Tester
5,472 posts
4,053 battles

Congrats on the one-year anniversary! And well done on the two tier tens.

I only recently hit 3000 Random battles and still have quite a bit to go until my first tier ten. 

• Cool 1

[VIKES]
[VIKES]
Members
536 posts
11,824 battles

congrats on your anniversary as well.  have you had fun?

• Cool 1

[5BS]
Members
4,426 posts

T9 is fun; never bottom tiered, most T9's are are functionally the same as all the T10's, just with slight 'nerfs' to make them a Tier lower (a Neptune is not really THAT different from a Minotaur other than a slight drop in overall RPM) and a lot of fun/historical T9's are in game. Also, T9 is mostly immune to being crapped up with Premium ships, with only Musashi and the occasional Black throwing a wrench in things.

• Cool 1

[ZIPPO]
Members
1,521 posts
3,514 battles

Shoot 3800 matches in one year, heck I've been playing since OBT and I'm barely over 2500 games

• Cool 1

[WORX]
Members
1,623 posts
12,629 battles

O crap I passed my yr mark a month ago... Christ I knew I was in the right time frame but man time flies. depending on where I go

the forum has me at 9,865 games

WOWS main site at  8,951 games

Warships today at 8,951games as well.

Tier 1, The black swan was king back then, I didn't know what a Citadel was either but those magic black rectangles were easy to get then the other tier one;s in those times.

Tier 2, it was a blur,  I probably switched to DDs

Tier 3, Did a killing with the IJN BB in this tier. That performance, till this day is still tops above all other of my BB ships.

Tier 4, the reason I still play this ship to this day, The tier 4 IJN ishokaze lol and German DD the V-170. Still old favorites

Tiers 5 6, The tiers of death, This requires a level of skill/education that no other tier will give you.

Tier 7, 8  my love for fire started that is when I really got in to cruisers.

Tier 9, niet conrad, no battles in a tier 9 ship what so ever

Tier 10, god I avoid this tier like Ebola, I got to admit the higher tiered I go the less games I spend in it. Mainly its because of radar/hydro consumables regardless of which ship type. Some ships in say tier 7 have radar, hydro, that is cool. The problem lays when every class has these cruiser only consumables, then that is when MM problems will continue to annoy players.

So, how was my first year of WOWS University? Very good, but I do need improvement. Maybe be more tolerant of upper tier play, all the campaigns are done, probably for this year maybe get more tier 10 ships. As long as the fun factor is there I'll be playing. 

• Cool 1

[BLOME]
Members
945 posts
6,397 battles
16 hours ago, nagasakee said:

congrats on your anniversary as well.  have you had fun?

Thanks and yes, I did have a lot fun. The in-game chat box always makes me laugh.

[BLOME]
Members
945 posts
6,397 battles
11 hours ago, Psycodiver said:

Shoot 3800 matches in one year, heck I've been playing since OBT and I'm barely over 2500 games

In early tiers, I did lot yoloing so that contributed to the numbers. Also during reward campaigns, I played a lot, like French CA marathon and Duke of York. During duke of york campaign, I played 39 games in a single day (including allahu akbar yolo games).

[BLOME]
Members
945 posts
6,397 battles
10 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

O crap I passed my yr mark a month ago... Christ I knew I was in the right time frame but man time flies. depending on where I go

the forum has me at 9,865 games

WOWS main site at  8,951 games

Warships today at 8,951games as well.

Tier 1, The black swan was king back then, I didn't know what a Citadel was either but those magic black rectangles were easy to get then the other tier one;s in those times.

Tier 2, it was a blur,  I probably switched to DDs

Tier 3, Did a killing with the IJN BB in this tier. That performance, till this day is still tops above all other of my BB ships.

Tier 4, the reason I still play this ship to this day, The tier 4 IJN ishokaze lol and German DD the V-170. Still old favorites

Tiers 5 6, The tiers of death, This requires a level of skill/education that no other tier will give you.

Tier 7, 8  my love for fire started that is when I really got in to cruisers.

Tier 9, niet conrad, no battles in a tier 9 ship what so ever

Tier 10, god I avoid this tier like Ebola, I got to admit the higher tiered I go the less games I spend in it. Mainly its because of radar/hydro consumables regardless of which ship type. Some ships in say tier 7 have radar, hydro, that is cool. The problem lays when every class has these cruiser only consumables, then that is when MM problems will continue to annoy players.

So, how was my first year of WOWS University? Very good, but I do need improvement. Maybe be more tolerant of upper tier play, all the campaigns are done, probably for this year maybe get more tier 10 ships. As long as the fun factor is there I'll be playing. 

For some weird reason, after I reached tier 8, I liked playing high tiers than low and got to tier 10. I never used premium time for rush. Only flags and camo.

[BLOME]
Members
945 posts
6,397 battles
22 hours ago, pikohan said:

After 3800 battles I only have two T10s too.

And I say meh, T10 is just not that exciting for me.

High five to you then. I like the tier 10 ships cuz I put 5000 dobloon camo on each and they both are 19 pt captains. So #profit. In low-mid tiers, it gets boring with same old swimming pool size maps.

[BLOME]
Members
945 posts
6,397 battles
23 hours ago, Fog_Battleship_NCarolina said:

gg

[BLOME]
Members
945 posts
6,397 battles
17 hours ago, Panbun said:

Congrats on the one-year anniversary! And well done on the two tier tens.

I only recently hit 3000 Random battles and still have quite a bit to go until my first tier ten. 

Thanks, I suggest you conserve the dragon flags from PTS participation, spend on the tech tree line you want to go up. They really helped me too.