Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Go4U

Too many "ship xp" what for???

17 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

9
[PIOJO]
Members
45 posts
5,495 battles

I looked for an answer into the foro before ask this and found nothing. So... this is my question... 

I'm not a veteran. Just a merely amateur that plays from time to time and I have too many "ship xp" in every ship that I have. Also I have the next one ship into the "tech tree". For example, I have:

  • VI NURNBERG with 121.039 ship xp
  • VII YORCK with 181.841 ship xp
  • VIII ADMIRAL HIPPER with 122.780 ship xp

And the list from other ships, goes on and on... 

What can I do with the "ship xp" that I have?

I would really do appreciate any idea from the "vets of WoW", that knows very well what to do.

Thank you!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
335
[DPG]
Members
816 posts
4,176 battles

Purchase doubloons so you can convert it to free xp.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
387
[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,423 posts
3,367 battles

Yep, convert to free XP is all you can do with it. Looks like you've got enough to net yourself a Nelson right now if you wanted to, or just jump ahead past a ship you don't like in the tech tree of course.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,666
[TBW]
Members
6,311 posts
11,857 battles

Free to play must also include feel free to pay or the company would go broke. Oh, I have over 12,000,000 ship XP and some people have 10 x that. I do believe there is a conversion sale coming up in a few days.

Edited by Sovereigndawg
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
269
[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
1,710 posts
9,398 battles
42 minutes ago, Go4U said:

appreciate any idea from the "vets of WoW",

start from the 13/4/18, WoWs had this freeXP converting event using the doubloons from 25 to 35

So the best bet is accordingly to your wallet, purchase the doubloon and wait till 13/4/18, then convert your ship exp to freeXP. Free XP come very handy like = get you a free premium ships. Currently there are 2, Nelson = 375000 and the Musashi = 700 000 freeXP

If not, the freeXP can be use as normal XP to buy hull upgrade after you purchase the new ship, or save it to get the Roon 168000 -122.780 = ............................

 

Edited by ObiwankzKenobi
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
361
[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
1,544 posts
3,734 battles

Think of it as a piggy bank where you might just want to break it open to collect the savings. The cost though would be your hard earned cash or fortunate doubloon awards from events, missions, contest, etc.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9
[PIOJO]
Members
45 posts
5,495 battles
57 minutes ago, ObiwankzKenobi said:

start from the 13/4/18, WoWs had this freeXP converting event using the doubloons from 25 to 35

So the best bet is accordingly to your wallet, purchase the doubloon and wait till 13/4/18, then convert your ship exp to freeXP. Free XP come very handy like = get you a free premium ships. Currently there are 2, Nelson = 375000 and the Musashi = 700 000 freeXP

If not, the freeXP can be use as normal XP to buy hull upgrade after you purchase the new ship, or save it to get the Roon 168000 -122.780 = ............................

 

Thank you very much for your explanation and the dedicated time to do so. I will see which is the offer for the April 13nd... 

Actually, I have more interest to improve my Captains (I'm horrible with the aiming) and maybe got a chance to last more time in one battle. 

Thanks to the other players too that gave me ideas.

At the end, the final answer are:
(1) "buy doubloons" or 
(2) "move on the tech tree" or
(3) do nothing and keep playing

Thanks to all of you!

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
269
[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
1,710 posts
9,398 battles
2 minutes ago, Go4U said:

I will see which is the offer for the April 13nd

You can do this by go on the main webpage, and check this "Month Calendar Mission", it had specified mission and time frame and such, it is a great way to plan ahead what to do

3 minutes ago, Go4U said:

I'm horrible with the aiming

You can do this by going back to t5 to t8 and grind all the game, so that you can learn more and yet at the same time, save the freeXP or converting to freeXP.

The best thing about the premium ship purchased by freeXP is that they can help you gain more freeXP and still able to practice on your "aiming"

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
411
[VW]
Members
1,819 posts
12,265 battles
59 minutes ago, Go4U said:

Thank you very much for your explanation and the dedicated time to do so. I will see which is the offer for the April 13nd... 

Actually, I have more interest to improve my Captains (I'm horrible with the aiming) and maybe got a chance to last more time in one battle. 

Thanks to the other players too that gave me ideas.

At the end, the final answer are:
(1) "buy doubloons" or 
(2) "move on the tech tree" or
(3) do nothing and keep playing

Thanks to all of you!

To improve your captains play space mode!!! You have 19pt captains and each win gives you free captain cp. you can use this to upgrade your captains for free. Hurry, space mode is only around for a limited time...

Edited by monpetitloup

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,071
[WOLF3]
Members
5,881 posts
2,193 battles
1 hour ago, Go4U said:

I have more interest to improve my Captains (I'm horrible with the aiming) and maybe got a chance to last more time in one battle. 

 Better captains won't give you better aiming.  That is a skill that you will have to practice at yourself.  Try a Training Room.  The target ships don't move, but maybe concentrating on your shooting will help.  Also, look up YouTube video about aiming.  There are a bunch.

 

4 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

To improve your captains play space mode!!!

Yes!  Go4U, you can use FreeXP to buy captain's points, but the cost is way too high unless you're desperate.  Instead, when you play space battles they give you a 19 point captain on each ship.  All the Commanders' XP they earn goes into an Elite Commander XP pool that can be spent buying points for any commander.  In other words, free stuff just for playing.

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
134
[VIP-2]
Members
803 posts
2,827 battles

Be wary of converting any extra ship xp at Omaha or higher up the US cruiser line until the split occurs, this might come in handy depending on how they handle it.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
456
[LUCK]
Members
1,274 posts
18,965 battles
8 hours ago, Go4U said:

I looked for an answer into the foro before ask this and found nothing. So... this is my question... 

I'm not a veteran. Just a merely amateur that plays from time to time and I have too many "ship xp" in every ship that I have. Also I have the next one ship into the "tech tree". For example, I have:

  • VI NURNBERG with 121.039 ship xp
  • VII YORCK with 181.841 ship xp
  • VIII ADMIRAL HIPPER with 122.780 ship xp

And the list from other ships, goes on and on... 

What can I do with the "ship xp" that I have?

I would really do appreciate any idea from the "vets of WoW", that knows very well what to do.

Thank you!!!

Pretty much doubloons as others have stated. I wish there was another mechanism or event to convert it. Off the top of my head I think I'd need to spend about $1,500 in doubloons to convert all I have. Don't know what I'd use it on, but I could convert it all.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
170
[CAST]
Members
1,154 posts
7,152 battles

If you are a free player, or mostly free player, just let the XP accumulate.  The option is there to convert it to Free XP, but it costs real money.  Its one thing I haven't done yet.  I have always gotten enough Free XP just by playing the game.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9
[PIOJO]
Members
45 posts
5,495 battles
20 hours ago, monpetitloup said:

To improve your captains play space mode!!! You have 19pt captains and each win gives you free captain cp. you can use this to upgrade your captains for free. Hurry, space mode is only around for a limited time...

Mmhh... Let me see if I get it well... Are you saying that Space Captains could be use in regular boats after the event finish?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
411
[VW]
Members
1,819 posts
12,265 battles
2 hours ago, Go4U said:

Mmhh... Let me see if I get it well... Are you saying that Space Captains could be use in regular boats after the event finish?

No they definitely will not. But space captains, like all 19 pt captains earn free captain xp. Free captain xp can be used to upgrade sub 19 pt captains the same way as free xp can be used to upgrade ships. So by playing space mode you can upgrade your commander faster than by the normal grind.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,863
[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
3,768 posts
12,872 battles

After playing for a while, you'll have a ton of stored up XP.  Only one way (currently) to get that XP into something actionable.  That's converting it to free XP.  As others have noted, that costs real dollars.  That is part of the WG business model.  Provide lots of goodies that can be acquired with free XP, be it ship upgrades in general...or the cool ships (Mighty MO, Musashi, Nelson)!  Or even captain skill points.

Granted, no one has to pay.  Free XP is obtained when you just play the game.  But that is often a tease, as you'll never have enough for everything you want that requires it.   The answer?  Real money!!!  Doubloons.  Free XP...Free XP everywhere.  

It is in WG best interest for a player to have excess XP...as that means they can convert it to free XP...with real money.  And WG is, after all, in the business to make money.  If they didn't, there would be no WOWS...and we wouldn't be here.  It's a careful balance....that allows those without the means to still have a good game...and for those with the means to have a good game...and a lot of goodies to boot...while helping sustain the game overall.

Edited by Soshi_Sone
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×