Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Meety

Scharnhorst sale?

9 comments in this topic

[57E]
Beta Testers
4 posts
1,401 battles

I was just wondering if it will go back on sale anytime soon, I know WG likes to cycle the premium shop and such from time to time. I regret not getting it over the xmas sale and have been beating myself up over it. It's such a good looking ship!

[ERN]
[ERN]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,101 posts
4,223 battles

soon™

Members
3,360 posts
3,915 battles

Just train up Gneisenau. It's about 98% as effective as Scharnhorst. The guns are a little annoying at times, but they're also useful in situations where all Scharny can do is load HE. 

[OPG]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,872 posts
10,416 battles
1 hour ago, Battlecruiser_NewZealand said:

Just train up Gneisenau. It's about 98% as effective as Scharnhorst. The guns are a little annoying at times, but they're also useful in situations where all Scharny can do is load HE. 

I always fire ap in my scharnhorst. I think over nearly 250 battles i can count on 1 hand the number of times I've loaded HE

• Cool 1

Members
3,360 posts
3,915 battles
4 minutes ago, Fog_Battleship_NCarolina said:

I always fire ap in my scharnhorst. I think over nearly 250 battles i can count on 1 hand the number of times I've loaded HE

There are situations where the AP stinks - bow on higher tier BBs, for example. Yes, arguably, you should probably just pick another target. But if there are no alternatives, I don't attempt to pen in that instance.

[OPG]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,872 posts
10,416 battles
6 minutes ago, Battlecruiser_NewZealand said:

There are situations where the AP stinks - bow on higher tier BBs, for example. Yes, arguably, you should probably just pick another target. But if there are no alternatives, I don't attempt to pen in that instance.

Idk, only firing ap works really well for me.

[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
1,446 posts
6,384 battles
2 hours ago, Fog_Battleship_NCarolina said:

Idk, only firing ap works really well for me.

It is good against superstructure 

[WISCO]
[WISCO]
Members
209 posts
4,835 battles
7 hours ago, Fog_Battleship_NCarolina said:

Same here.  Friend of mine uses HE almost every battle in the scharn.  I don't bother and I have a 60% WR in her.

360 posts
194 battles

Oddly enough I don't have a Scharn or a Gneis, I skipped past Tier 7 during the Bismarck event.  I might have to get a Scharn when they come back around.

Sign in to follow this