Jump to content

13 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
3,553 posts
6,867 battles

Hood.jpg.9b0f3252978dabb0326825a741b899ab.jpg

Next month is the anniversary of her sinking. Probably the most famous battlecruiser in history along with SMS Goeben, the Hood was a sleek beauty. I rank her up there with the IJN Atago and the Bismarck for her beautiful lines. In-game other BBs have greater hitting power but the Hood can take punishment and survive. What would you rather have on your team late game--a heavier hitter that has been sunk, or the redoubtable Hood there to support you?

RIP crew of Hood:

5acaa489092be_Hood2.jpg.3da9887a325d695b13d0a722362dfa22.jpg

 

...and the Bismarck:

5acaa5a28c0fe_Bismarchcrew.jpg.52edecc4c1d90c446f66081a2b22e5a5.jpg

Spoiler

5acaa67f0eddf_HOOD-1stDreadnought.thumb.jpg.9cd9cbf9cb2321a3ee4371af5a59faf7.jpg

 

 

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
318
[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
917 posts
2,119 battles

WoWS is so much better than Tanks because of instances like the hood. In Tanks you get some generic model like the t34 or somethin where there were thousands made, but in ships you have one ship, often (in the world of BBs) one with a fantastic history like the Hood, Bismark, Missouri, and such!

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
80
[WOLF9]
[WOLF9]
Members
158 posts
3,468 battles

She's my favorite beauty  +1

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,553 posts
6,867 battles
11 minutes ago, IWantedOption1 said:

WoWS is so much better than Tanks because of instances like the hood. In Tanks you get some generic model like the t34 or somethin where there were thousands made, but in ships you have one ship, often (in the world of BBs) one with a fantastic history like the Hood, Bismark, Missouri, and such!

Agreed +1!

I left WoT a few years ago because of the atmosphere. But omg I do miss my little monster the E-25...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
222
[-K-]
Members
642 posts
8,563 battles

Wish it performed slightly better in game but a beautiful ship nonetheless

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,313
[TF16B]
Members
8,052 posts
16,991 battles
1 hour ago, Stauffenberg44 said:

Agreed +1!

I left WoT a few years ago because of the atmosphere. But omg I do miss my little monster the E-25...

While admitting to its utility; that bloody thing is a (redacted) baseboard-crawling roach that needs to go the way of that Chinese tank that was removed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,553 posts
6,867 battles
1 minute ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

While admitting to its utility; that bloody thing is a (redacted) baseboard-crawling roach that needs to go the way of that Chinese tank that was removed.

You're right it always did remind me of a woodtick. Nonetheless it was hella fun to play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
691
[DRACS]
Members
3,349 posts

Wish her guns were more accurate, but other than that, I'm quite fond of this ship. She is indeed a beauty!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,506 posts
7,931 battles

Hey

The Hood is a thing of beauty and in game, she really isn't too bad, quite decent in fact.  At least it's the most accurate since it relies on AP shells instead of the stupidity driven HE spamming stablemates.

 

Pete 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24
[--1--]
Members
152 posts
2,460 battles

Hood is my favourite ship in real life and in WoWs, I like her alot for her looks, but her reputation and service history also help. She's so amazing but her guns in game are sooooo inaccurate and she has amazing armour which should be reversed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
740
[ARS]
Beta Testers
2,142 posts
1,648 battles
On 4/19/2018 at 5:39 PM, Iron_Salvo921 said:

Hood is my favourite ship in real life and in WoWs, I like her alot for her looks, but her reputation and service history also help. She's so amazing but her guns in game are sooooo inaccurate and she has amazing armour which should be reversed. 

No, her armor is accurate.  It is just much, much better suited to WoWS that it was to reality.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×