Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
jon1967

Rigged games

42 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Beta Testers
32 posts
4,589 battles

Just a thought. I've been playing WOT and WOW for a long time. Lone wolf random matches just pubs.

Ever time I'm about to break 52% wr I will get nothing but losing matches 10 too 15 lose to 1 win.

In WOT my record was like 37 lose in a row. I have never seen that many wins in a row.

I slowly creep my win rate up but I hit that wall were I get crazy losing streaks.

I can't help but think this is nothing more then some Russian casino game with built in algorithms to keep you paying to win.

This is not a troll thread, but just an observation after years of play and watching this happen over and over.

  • Cool 2
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
592
[ARGSY]
Members
1,267 posts
8,675 battles

Explain how there are players with WR in the 60%+ range.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
32 posts
4,589 battles
1 minute ago, legozer said:

Explain how there are players with WR in the 60%+ range.

Like I said not a troll thread. After seeing this happen over and over I questing things.

As far as high WR you can get those by platooning with good players. Being in a good clan and playing the OP ship of the month in low tier games to boost WR.

I play nothing but pubs solo.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
100
[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
573 posts
4,524 battles

I generally solo play and have a higher win rate. I learned though a long time ago to play classes that turn a random game in my favor.  

The other thing is to learn to stay alive as long as possible and deal damage. This doesn't mean sit at the back but play smart with cover or supporting the team.

The longer you live and deal high damage the greater your chance at winning those games. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
585
[ARRGG]
Members
4,672 posts
7,499 battles
23 minutes ago, legozer said:

Explain how there are players with WR in the 60%+ range.

Simple, it’s called divisions, and now with Clans you can do it with your Clan buddies that can talk to each other, it’s not to difficult for 3 players to jump into Random battle together, this 3 player team have a definite advantage that shows up in win rates, Wows does track your algorithms and may effect your MM ... just to keep you on your toes and in a place the generates the most $$ for Wows

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
32 posts
4,589 battles
2 minutes ago, _greifer said:

I generally solo play and have a higher win rate. I learned though a long time ago to play classes that turn a random game in my favor.  

The other thing is to learn to stay alive as long as possible and deal damage. This doesn't mean sit at the back but play smart with cover or supporting the team.

The longer you live and deal high damage the greater your chance at winning those games. 

I agree, however after certain wr is hit and not changing your play style you should not see a wall of loses. 

If you are a good player you should see a fairly even amount of wins to loses no matter what ship you play even if it's not the best ship in its class.

Like I said earlier getting 30+ lose in a row is not random. If you went afk for 35 games you should not see 35 lose in a row. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,391
[O_O]
Members
4,333 posts
9,274 battles

I don't division with anyone and have a 58% win rate.

I'm not even what I would consider to be a great player.

There is always room for improvement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
202
[ZR]
WoWS Wiki Editor
551 posts
4,736 battles

I have 70% WR solo in North Carolina :|

 

Divisions make winning so much easier, but good winrates in high tiers is definitely possible. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
933
Members
4,441 posts
6,134 battles
7 minutes ago, _greifer said:

I generally solo play and have a higher win rate. I learned though a long time ago to play classes that turn a random game in my favor.  

The other thing is to learn to stay alive as long as possible and deal damage. This doesn't mean sit at the back but play smart with cover or supporting the team.

The longer you live and deal high damage the greater your chance at winning those games. 

I checked.  You have a very high win rate if you only play solo in Pubs. Few can do that.  What ships do you play?  You said "generally" play solo.....like almost all the time, most of the time....whatever. I am stuck just like the OP but last 60 games (not a big sample I know) I am playing at 60% win rate. Why?  I dunno but it may have something to do with my getting the Scharnhorst a couple of months ago. Maybe. Or just a run of good luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,052
[OPG]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,872 posts
10,416 battles

I love my moskva. 68% solo wr with it. It can do literally anything you need

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
933
Members
4,441 posts
6,134 battles
6 minutes ago, HMCS_Devilfish said:

Simple, it’s called divisions, and now with Clans you can do it with your Clan buddies that can talk to each other, it’s not to difficult for 3 players to jump into Random battle together, this 3 player team have a definite advantage that shows up in win rates, Wows does track your algorithms and may effect your MM ... just to keep you on your toes and in a place the generates the most $$ for Wows

Divisions are a big thing that juices many players win rate. Not all but many. Have em play only solo in Pubs and see how they do.  Some would do fine but many would drop big in win rate. It's no secret.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,614
[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,705 posts
11,320 battles

I got some amazing tinfoil to sell you, way better than that store-bought stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,688 posts
7,230 battles
32 minutes ago, jon1967 said:

Like I said not a troll thread. After seeing this happen over and over I questing things.

As far as high WR you can get those by platooning with good players. Being in a good clan and playing the OP ship of the month in low tier games to boost WR.

I play nothing but pubs solo.

Well your theory does not hold up.  I casually play tier 9/10 solo primarily, and I maintain above average win rate.  Also I am not in any clan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,605
[INTEL]
Members
8,407 posts
25,228 battles
16 hours ago, jon1967 said:

Just a thought. I've been playing WOT and WOW for a long time. Lone wolf random matches just pubs.

Ever time I'm about to break 52% wr I will get nothing but losing matches 10 too 15 lose to 1 win.

In WOT my record was like 37 lose in a row. I have never seen that many wins in a row.

I slowly creep my win rate up but I hit that wall were I get crazy losing streaks.

I can't help but think this is nothing more then some Russian casino game with built in algorithms to keep you paying to win.

This is not a troll thread, but just an observation after years of play and watching this happen over and over.

Hahaha. Thanks for the humorous moment. 
Truth  is, nobody but you cares about your win rate. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
100
[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
573 posts
4,524 battles
10 minutes ago, dmckay said:

I checked.  You have a very high win rate if you only play solo in Pubs. Few can do that.  What ships do you play?  You said "generally" play solo.....like almost all the time, most of the time....whatever. I am stuck just like the OP but last 60 games (not a big sample I know) I am playing at 60% win rate. Why?  I dunno but it may have something to do with my getting the Scharnhorst a couple of months ago. Maybe. Or just a run of good luck.

British cruisers are my bread and butter with Russian cruisers. PADD are also very fun/ easy. 

But again its some simple things like don't yolo a flank if a BB etc. Use your mini map its the best OP tool in the game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
138
[ICOP]
Members
775 posts
3,079 battles

darn, with all this tin foil caps being made/sold, glad I got those shares in AlumCor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
933
Members
4,441 posts
6,134 battles
11 minutes ago, _greifer said:

British cruisers are my bread and butter with Russian cruisers. PADD are also very fun/ easy. 

But again its some simple things like don't yolo a flank if a BB etc. Use your mini map its the best OP tool in the game

I like Russian cruisers. I play mostly only cruisers.....but I now got Scharn and Julio Ceasarooo. Doing ok....for me. Like the OP as soon as I start getting within range of 50% win rate I have gotten hammered with loses.  Why?  Dunno but I can tater real good at times. Maybe it will be different this time cause I am getting close and a better player these days. We shall see. 

Edited by dmckay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,553
Members
17,691 posts
5,084 battles
33 minutes ago, jon1967 said:

 

 If you went afk for 35 games you should not see 35 lose in a row. 

If the game was rigged, sure you would.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,553
Members
17,691 posts
5,084 battles
33 minutes ago, dmckay said:

I checked.  You have a very high win rate if you only play solo in Pubs. Few can do that.  What ships do you play?  You said "generally" play solo.....like almost all the time, most of the time....whatever. I am stuck just like the OP but last 60 games (not a big sample I know) I am playing at 60% win rate. Why?  I dunno but it may have something to do with my getting the Scharnhorst a couple of months ago. Maybe. Or just a run of good luck.

Yeah, clicking with a ship is big, especially if you like it, and play it a lot.

Yorck was my first one. Many don't like it, but it might be my highest WR ship. (with an appreciable number of games)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,161 posts
501 battles
38 minutes ago, jon1967 said:

I agree, however after certain wr is hit and not changing your play style you should not see a wall of loses. 

If you are a good player you should see a fairly even amount of wins to loses no matter what ship you play even if it's not the best ship in its class.

Like I said earlier getting 30+ lose in a row is not random. If you went afk for 35 games you should not see 35 lose in a row. 

this statement should explain everything to you....
YOU are not in 35 games and you think you should win MORE than the games you are IN.. yet you lose more games when you play....
Perhaps you are not looking at where the actual problem is.....
feel me>???

Edited by neptunes_wrath

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
1,287 posts
3,583 battles
1 hour ago, jon1967 said:

Just a thought. I've been playing WOT and WOW for a long time. Lone wolf random matches just pubs.

Ever time I'm about to break 52% wr I will get nothing but losing matches 10 too 15 lose to 1 win.

In WOT my record was like 37 lose in a row. I have never seen that many wins in a row.

I slowly creep my win rate up but I hit that wall were I get crazy losing streaks.

I can't help but think this is nothing more then some Russian casino game with built in algorithms to keep you paying to win.

This is not a troll thread, but just an observation after years of play and watching this happen over and over.

4

They have a patent on the mm system for both games so you're not wrong. Some wg employees even have multiple forum accounts as well on both game forums. You will notice that people will say I am bluffing, but it is true if you look at the official patents site. The patent is listed as belonging to wargaming in Nicosia Cyprus the main office for wargaming. It's true what I say and it is sad to see people still not bothering to do research into this like I did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,553
Members
17,691 posts
5,084 battles
11 minutes ago, landedkiller said:

They have a patent on the mm system for both games so you're not wrong. 

Unless you're trying to say the patent contains mechanisms for favoring one team over the other, and putting a particular player on the losing team.

Then you would be wrong, and worse, if you actually did read the patent and understand it correctly, you would be lying.

If you want to say that WG is "rigging" things so that you are bottom tier in all your matches, I wouldn't argue that. (I don't believe they are, but it's possible, and the patent supports the possibility) But if you have any sort of proof or evidence that they're pre-ordaining match outcomes, you didn't get it from the patent.

 

Edited by Skpstr
  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×