Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Battleship_Mutsu

Future Colabs

A up coming Ship Girl Colab ?   

10 members have voted

1. 1. Which one do you prefer ?

• Kancolle / Kantai Collection
    • Azur Lane

6 comments in this topic

[KNTAI]
Members
92 posts
6,349 battles

If the Azur Lane Colab is true , Why Azur Lane and not Kantai Collection ? I feel like having Kancolle would have been a little more beneficial for both parties. I mean , with Kancolle's we established foundation with the Flash Game , Anime , and Movie , More people would be more excited if something like this could happen. The Chinese Knock off or Azur Lane , crap, if a Ex Clanmate didn't say something about it , would have never known it existed. If Wargaming and World of Warships could have struck a deal with the makers of Kancolle , Maybe they and Sega could have thought about making it available for other parts of the world , and not just land lock it to Japan only. Granted that could be a reason why something like this wouldn't take off , and there are probably other reason one could be chose over the other , But what kind of input do you , the weeb community have ? Would you be excited for a Azur Lane or a Kancolle Colab ? Which one do you like better ?  

Edited by Battleship_Mutsu

Members
2,059 posts
5,097 battles

Because money, nothing more nothing less.

As for which colab I'd prefer? Honestly don't care, free stuff is free stuff and kankolle is silly in my opinion. And now that I've googled it, azur lane is a solid equal in that sense.

Edited by X15

[CUTE]
[CUTE]
Members
98 posts
5,537 battles

I don't think a Kantia Collab coming from us is bias whatsoever.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
1,288 posts
6,466 battles
2 hours ago, Battleship_Mutsu said:

@X15 I might have forgot to say something in the comment above , Azur is a Chinese iOS/Android rip off.

Thematically yes, Azur definitely based itself off of Kancolle.  But the underlying game is very different.  Kancolle is a browser based management game with minimal player input after sortie, while Azur is a bullet hell-lite style of game that requires constant input (unless you choose to auto play everything).

To make an analogy, it’s like comparing Overwatch to League of Legends.  Is overwatch a rip off?  I think most people would argue that while the two games are similar it’s not exactly a copy paste job that rip off implies.  Same with Azur and Kancolle.  If you look for similarities they exist - you raise girls, you assemble teams and go out to battle, you upgrade equipment, and the characters are personifications of ships.  But there’s so many more differences.

As a fan of both, I think it’s sad that there’s so much vitriol between the communities.  Azur players like to harp about how Kancolle is a dead game, while Kancolle players bash Azur as a cheap copy paste job.  Neither are true.  Kancolle is still a massively popular and vibrant IP, and if you were to reskin Azure’s art assets to anything non-naval it would still be a playable and fun collection game.

• Cool 1

[NSF]
Beta Testers
4,988 posts
5,724 battles

I'm fairly sure that its Kadokawa and by extension Kancolle that refuses to collaborate with anyone outside of Japan, not the other way around. On the other hand, Azur Lane has been willing to partner with just about everyone, and clearly had been pining for attention from Wargaming since day one. If you want to complain about WG not partnering with KC, blame Kadokawa.

The two games (if you want to call the spreadsheet simulator of KC a game) aren't really comparable at all anyways, only the base concept remains the same. Everything else has been developed in widely different directions.

Sign in to follow this