Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Snake_Plissken__

Disappearing Ships

21 comments in this topic

Members
2 posts
685 battles

I spot a ship, go to zoom in and BAM gone.  wth?  No islands, smoke or any other obstructions and yet POOF. Kinda stupid.

• Cool 1

[TBW]
Members
6,354 posts
11,905 battles

It's because of the ship that was spotting it for you broke visual contact, or if it was radar or sonar it ended. Get used to it, it happens all of the time.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

Each ship has different Concealment, Your description is one of the many mechanics WG has done for each ship. Your sighting may have been provided by a teammate or a Plane or the ship in question was at the edge of his concealment. So many DD's and Cruisers have good concealment along with individual selections of Captains skills and Flag/Camo.  The ship in question didn't disappear you lost contact. 

[VW]
Members
1,860 posts
12,293 battles

What i hate is when you are tracking a ship that goes behind and island and i mean like 2-4 km in front of you when it comes out the other side it’s already an entire boat length ahead of the island before you can see it. This really needs to be fixed.

Edited by monpetitloup
  • Cool 2

Members
1,188 posts
501 battles
Just now, monpetitloup said:

What i hate is when you are trakcinf a shio that goes behinf and island and i lean like 2-4 km infrontnof you when it comes out the other side it’s already an entire boat length ahead of the island before you can see it. This really needs to be fixed.

those red lines underneath those words letters, means something.... just sayin..

If you are gonna rant a rant that has been ranted a MILLION times,,,, maybe proofread...

Members
15,692 posts
14,062 battles

LOL just like the "Something is wrong with mah Missouri" threads :Smile_teethhappy:

If you really want to know the secrets of Concealment, I suggest playing a Non-Russian DD Line.  They force you to learn because they are wholly reliant on those mechanics to survive.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[VW]
Members
1,860 posts
12,293 battles
7 hours ago, neptunes_wrath said:

those red lines underneath those words letters, means something.... just sayin..

If you are gonna rant a rant that has been ranted a MILLION times,,,, maybe proofread...

You must be very insecure if spelling is all you find to make yourself feel better

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[SYN]
Members
511 posts
5,971 battles
22 hours ago, Snake_Plissken__ said:

I spot a ship, go to zoom in and BAM gone.  wth?  No islands, smoke or any other obstructions and yet POOF. Kinda stupid.

It is likely the gun bloom going away. 

[SIM]
Members
2,459 posts
4,108 battles
22 hours ago, Snake_Plissken__ said:

Didn’t you kill my IS-6 in a Tiger I last night? Well played if that was you, I was :etc_swear: afterwards. 

This is also relevant because if you’re coming over from World of Tanks, you’ll need to learn how differently that the spotting system works in World of Warships. In WoWs, firing guns actually increases the ship’s detection range to the maximum reach of their guns. After 20 seconds (I believe) of not firing, the ship’s detection range shrinks back down to its base level. If you’re outside of that base level, you’ll lose sight of the ship and it will “disappear.”

Edited by SkaerKrow

Members
15,692 posts
14,062 battles

I have to stress it again OP.  Play a Non-RU DD line and learn to live and die by stealth.  Seeing the game from the DD side of the fence opens your eyes so much.  Not saying you'll be a DD Ace when you do so, but you get a better understanding of the game.  I was in the same shoes when I was new.  I'm playing , Myogi, Wyoming and wondered how ships were popping in / out, how a DD just "popped out of nowhere."  Then I later worked on DDs for a while and it was like a veil being lifted.

Read up the link provided by RipNun2 and try out a Non-RU DD line.

Members
1,188 posts
501 battles
16 hours ago, monpetitloup said:

You must be very insecure if spelling is all you find to make yourself feel better

dude  9K battles and you make a rant about something we see MILLIONS of threads ago and you cannot take the time to make your grammar look good enough for anyone to take you seriously and then call ME insecure???

[SYN]
Members
4,532 posts
11,434 battles

EDIT:  Nvm.  Second thoughts on that post.  Unnecessarily mean-spirited.

Sorry.

Edited by Kuckoo

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,423 posts
3,367 battles

Spotting mechanics in Wargaming games are always wonky. You'll see gigantic tracked death machines with 152mm cannons of doom disappear in the middle of city streets less than a block from you. Cruisers with full concealment builds blink out of existence at 12km. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion.

Eventually you learn to adapt, or simply go mad from the mechanics and become a forum troll. Or both. I chose both, sanity is overrated.

Members
2,092 posts
8,103 battles
On 4/8/2018 at 4:30 PM, Snake_Plissken__ said:

Bnk6jVo.png

[VW]
Members
1,860 posts
12,293 battles
8 hours ago, neptunes_wrath said:

dude  9K battles and you make a rant about something we see MILLIONS of threads ago and you cannot take the time to make your grammar look good enough for anyone to take you seriously and then call ME insecure???

I havent ranted about anyhing. But given your obsession with spell checking rather thn reading it’s not surprising you didnt understand that. And yes, I have played enough to know the issue of rendering ships coming out from behind islands is ridiculous. It is something that can and should be changed.

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,765 posts
1,320 battles
11 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

I have to stress it again OP.  Play a Non-RU DD line and learn to live and die by stealth.  Seeing the game from the DD side of the fence opens your eyes so much.  Not saying you'll be a DD Ace when you do so, but you get a better understanding of the game.  I was in the same shoes when I was new.  I'm playing , Myogi, Wyoming and wondered how ships were popping in / out, how a DD just "popped out of nowhere."  Then I later worked on DDs for a while and it was like a veil being lifted.

Read up the link provided by RipNun2 and try out a Non-RU DD line.

Yeah. Play Isokaze with a 10 point captain and a camo, and you get to see the detection mechanics from the other side...(5.0 km surface detect)

Members
2 posts
685 battles
On 4/9/2018 at 4:17 PM, Destroyer_ShimakazeChan said:

Bnk6jVo.png

No! this is not what happens.  when a plane is over and I mean over an enemy  battleship  I know I should be able to see the thing but no.  Zoom in it disappears.  when a CA shoots not in a smoke screen I should see them. Because when I do, I get spotted.  

I think the players that work from War Gaming needs to quit cheating. especially if people are paying money to get upgrades.  I know they play since I watch their videos.  Kinda an unfair advantage. Just sayin'

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,765 posts
1,320 battles
56 minutes ago, Snake_Plissken__ said:

No! this is not what happens.  when a plane is over and I mean over an enemy  battleship  I know I should be able to see the thing but no.  Zoom in it disappears.  when a CA shoots not in a smoke screen I should see them. Because when I do, I get spotted.  

I think the players that work from War Gaming needs to quit cheating. especially if people are paying money to get upgrades.  I know they play since I watch their videos.  Kinda an unfair advantage. Just sayin'

You need to share what you're smoking.  No one's cheating to make their ship disappear.  You just don't understand stuff yet.  But, think what you like, and accuse what you like.  Won't change a thing.

[NMKJT]
Members
2,685 posts
1 hour ago, Snake_Plissken__ said:

Manipulating vision mechanics does give you an advantage, and it is completely fair as you are able to take the same advantage. Cruisers can hide behind islands and shoot you, and you can do the same. 

Learn the mechanics and use them to your benefit

Sign in to follow this