You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Pete_Darling

Ship lineup stuck on screen

5 comments in this topic

[V_KNG]
Members
560 posts
8,491 battles

I first saw this interesting bug a few nights ago and didn't think much of it until it happened again last night. After is occurred last night, and thinking back to the first time, I realized that the cause was I held TAB to see the lineup as the game started but the match hadn't fully loaded yet. When the game finished loading the lineup popped up but then would not go away and no controls would work. The only way that I could resolve it was to force shutdown the client and restart. Not that it's a huge problem but was wondering if others have had this happen?

[EPEEN]
Members
2 posts
2,106 battles
17 hours ago, Pete_Darling said:

I first saw this interesting bug a few nights ago and didn't think much of it until it happened again last night. After is occurred last night, and thinking back to the first time, I realized that the cause was I held TAB to see the lineup as the game started but the match hadn't fully loaded yet. When the game finished loading the lineup popped up but then would not go away and no controls would work. The only way that I could resolve it was to force shutdown the client and restart. Not that it's a huge problem but was wondering if others have had this happen?

I am suffering the same issue. Hit the battle button, team screen loads, goes no further. I must then use task manager to shut down game. Everything else works. I can buy gold, look at my ships, etc.. 

[PLAY]
[PLAY]
Members
94 posts
7,571 battles

Same thing happened to me last week. The battle had just loaded and I was looking at the line up, holding the Tab button down. When I released the  tab button the screen stayed up. I was able to maintain voice chat with my devision but no other controls worked. I had to do a hard shut down and restart. I re-entered the game just as it was about to finish. Fortunately my team won and my ship was never damaged as it sat there at spawn position throughout the battle....lol

Members
5 posts
5,438 battles

I have had the same problem, have to use task manager but it doesn't show up until I use Alt+tab and then I see a critical error screen I can not bring up but use the X upper rt corner to close it and then the game closes. I can restart and if fast enough can get back into battle, but usually too late to do anything, however once got back in time to ram and sink one just before I sunk. checked the windows logs and cant find any critical errors that are directed to Wows. It has been freezing about 5 secs before it should be loading the battle screen.

Members
19 posts
2,827 battles

The game freezes between the queue in screen, and the mission/ship list screen while trying to enter a battle  sometimes.  

Or it freezes right after loading the match while seeing the ship list, or mission screen (the load bar completes; says "awaiting players") just before it sits there, and nothing more happens except watching the blue anchor icon circle pretend like its still loading.  Or else I may eventually get into the match, wait several seconds for my GUI to appear, then watch the game freeze, and either crash, or kick to login screen.  

At some point, it eventually it stops trying to load me into a match,  and it boots me out to the login screen.  From there it may let me reconnect, or it may not.  

The issue(s) always seem to happen when new screens are loading, and old screens are closing.  Something hangs at those time junctions.   

Is this related to the end of match freeze bug?  Methinks so.  My theory is that this is an old, unresolved crash bug that is now starting to affect other systems with the new patches.  Lets hope like hell the fps fix resolves the root of this problem.  But my confidence is low, unless WG is looking further back at this issue.  I don't think this is a new problem at all.  

A lot of players are having similar, and related issues.  This is a major bug.  I believe it is related to the badly misnamed "fps issue."  It is much, much worse than simply a little graphics fps issue.   It does however appear to be related to the loading of interface elements.