Jump to content
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
dEsTurbed1

A Question to WG: why nerf the US cruisers?

14 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

599
[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,325 posts
11,458 battles

With the upcoming U.S. Cruiser split I see no reason to play them.

Everyone, from CLOSED Beta, was excited that the old Cleveland was coming back, alas no.

....

Slower rate of fire across the board.

Almost all have shortest range.

.....

The current tier 7 to 10 are quite strong, if they get into a great position.

The average player finds them out ranged and out DPM'd by other cruisers. 

....

Please give them a comparable range to be effective. O can live with slow floaty shells and 13 second reload, I cannot live with most cruisers being able to fire 5 to 8 salvos before I can even think about returning fire.

  • Cool 2
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,619
[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,719 posts
11,332 battles
14 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

I didn't know the cruiser split was finalized.

Can't wait for it to be finalized to cry about it. You should know this!

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
459
[MIA-A]
Members
2,014 posts
9,612 battles
2 hours ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

Everyone, from CLOSED Beta, was excited that the old Cleveland was coming back, alas no.

....

Slower rate of fire across the board.

 

The new cleveland:
Turret rotation time is increased from 5.5 deg/s to 10 deg/s, reload time is decreased from 8 to 7 seconds. Ship's detectability is decreased fro 13.4 km to 11.88 km. The old B-hull is now the A-hull.  So add 10% with an upgrade, probably. The AA is also increased, and it gets radar and access to the T8 concealment upgrade. 

Edited by thegamefilmguruman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
151
[WAG]
Beta Testers
673 posts
5,402 battles

i actually like and am looking forward to what i have of the light cruiser line. 

im rather saddened by the accross the board nerfs (in comparison to their current same tier iterations) to the heavy cruiser line.

new Baltimore compared to NO, reload increased to 14 seconds, i realise this is done to justify the max 10 second reload on the buffalo, but i feel its unnecessary when in most hands the NO already struggles with its buffed 12 second reload, the Baltimore is not that much of a improvement when it losses its 8.8 second reload. i think they should leave the reloads as they are (for their teir, not for the ships. i am NOT advocating for a 8.8 second reload at t8, just the current buffed 12 second reload.)

Pensacola only issue i have is they increased its detectability back to its atrocious state. if they just revert the Pensacola to its current stealth, im perfectly fine with all the other nerfs to it.

i have no opinion either way on the buffalo yet. ill have to try it first.

other then the Baltimore and Pensacola issues stated above, i am looking forward to the split from what i have seen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
599
[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,325 posts
11,458 battles
45 minutes ago, thegamefilmguruman said:

The new cleveland:
Turret rotation time is increased from 5.5 deg/s to 10 deg/s, reload time is decreased from 8 to 7 seconds. Ship's detectability is decreased fro 13.4 km to 11.88 km. The old B-hull is now the A-hull.  So add 10% with an upgrade, probably. The AA is also increased, and it gets radar and access to the T8 concealment upgrade. 

The very 1st version of Cleveland did not have floaty shells. They were almost Russian lazers.the range was nerfed ad floaty shells introduced upon leaving beta because ship was very OP. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
459
[MIA-A]
Members
2,014 posts
9,612 battles
44 minutes ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

The very 1st version of Cleveland did not have floaty shells. They were almost Russian lazers.the range was nerfed ad floaty shells introduced upon leaving beta because ship was very OP. 

I assume you mean closed beta, because I don't recall ever having laser shells in open beta.  I remember them being very floaty.  In fact, video evidence of cleveland battles from beta compared against current cleveland show that the flight time has changed all of 0.3 seconds. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
599
[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,325 posts
11,458 battles
1 hour ago, thegamefilmguruman said:

I assume you mean closed beta, because I don't recall ever having laser shells in open beta.  I remember them being very floaty.  In fact, video evidence of cleveland battles from beta compared against current cleveland show that the flight time has changed all of 0.3 seconds. 

Might just be my memory then.  It was a very strong ship, and I was hoping for glory days of old when it goes to tier 8.

I just cannot understand why they are making reloads slower and range shorter?

I mean a tier 7 Pepsi put down to tier 6 as is now, is still a floating citadel that even destroyers can molest with ap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
585
[ARRGG]
Members
4,674 posts
7,503 battles
3 hours ago, thegamefilmguruman said:

The new cleveland:
Turret rotation time is increased from 5.5 deg/s to 10 deg/s, reload time is decreased from 8 to 7 seconds. Ship's detectability is decreased fro 13.4 km to 11.88 km. The old B-hull is now the A-hull.  So add 10% with an upgrade, probably. The AA is also increased, and it gets radar and access to the T8 concealment upgrade. 

This gets my vote, although against my X Cruiser Zao it doesn’t stand a snow balls chance in hell and will be regelated to the sneaky little bugger playsyle like the Atlanta which is not my Playstyle, you could make a case for using the Cleveland’s AA which is beyond belief in a team combo with a B.B. though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
3,334 posts
3,779 battles
56 minutes ago, HMCS_Devilfish said:

This gets my vote, although against my X Cruiser Zao it doesn’t stand a snow balls chance in hell and will be regelated to the sneaky little bugger playsyle like the Atlanta which is not my Playstyle, you could make a case for using the Cleveland’s AA which is beyond belief in a team combo with a B.B. though

Please name the T8 cruiser that is not Zao food.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
585
[ARRGG]
Members
4,674 posts
7,503 battles
1 minute ago, Aetreus said:

Please name the T8 cruiser that is not Zao food.

At least the now in game Vlll Cruisers will have a little buddy to beat up on to make them feel better

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
456
[LUCK]
Members
1,276 posts
19,060 battles
20 hours ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

The very 1st version of Cleveland did not have floaty shells. They were almost Russian lazers.the range was nerfed ad floaty shells introduced upon leaving beta because ship was very OP. 

It is now known as the Mikhail Kutuzov.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
456
[LUCK]
Members
1,276 posts
19,060 battles
16 hours ago, Aetreus said:

Please name the T8 cruiser that is not Zao food.

The one that a Montana Dev Strikes and is already gone, hence no feeding on it.

Kutu is the only one that can compete with Zao, and only to a point. Zao is clearly superior.

Edited by Wye_So_Serious

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×