Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Howy_Itzer

To compliment or not

19 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1
[FAILD]
Members
12 posts
9,141 battles

Full disclosure I do not pay attention to my karma or compliment rating as its an opinion that can be skewed based on bias but that being said....

In many games I encounter someone you know is just good, not based on stats  but for how they played that game. Whether it was dodging, tactically sound positioning or objective play. A game I was just in prodded me to post this because it makes me wonder.

I was just in a game against a div in a clan MIA which statistically is very good. Their conq averaged 132k a game in 88 games which is not totally unheard of and he led their team in kills and points. But numbers aside I watched him play. I was in my Republique and he ran broadside the whole game, usually parked and setting fires on everyone. I was at times between 14 and 18km and hit him broadside as did others on our  team several times under super structure. As you see below I couldn't touch him nor could anyone else.

Anyone else I hit  I  hit as expected thus the 126k dam in 17 pens.

 

 

So was this rng? Does he maintain his ave dam because he is always lucky? Because in watching the game he was actually a bad player, or is the Conq that good armor wise he knew he would bounce shots camping full broadside. So the question is, if anyone cares, how do you dish out compliments, this guys stats dictates he gets one but I saw his game it and sucked.

Just food for thought.

Tried to delete pic but it wont let me

 

 

 

 

 

 

image.png

Edited by Howy_Itzer
pics
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,049
[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,192 posts
8,798 battles

It does sound like his shooting skills have allowed him to get away with otherwise bad play but it seems that other players are enabling him with their own poor play. Why didn't you switch to HE when it became obvious that AP wasn't going to do the job, 410 avg AP damage against him?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
226
[WOLF2]
Members
864 posts
7,014 battles

Dunno if I would have switched to HE, Brushwolf...   I mean, he's at 14km, and nearly broadside.   First volley - minimal damage.   But that next round surely will work...   Second round falters.    Gonna definitely hit with the next volley.

Maybe after three volleys, I might have switched to HE.

That said, I also see these scenarios on gameplay videos from our contributors.   Yep, they're firing up reds, left and right, but if you'll look at their mini-maps or on-screen, a lot of times they'll be full broadside (for several rounds) and nobody takes a shot at them.

It's like my golf game - usually something is off.   Drives are good, short game is good, but putting  is horrible.   Next game, drives and putting is good, but short game can't find the green.

With some of these purple players, they seem to get all three criteria right - they hit their targets, they know their angling, and those they broadside are engaged with someone else.

Can't say what the issue was in this story - while it may have looked broadside, there may have been enough angle to mitigate heavy damage.  Or, it could have been RNG.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,049
[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,192 posts
8,798 battles
8 minutes ago, DiddleDum said:

Dunno if I would have switched to HE, Brushwolf...   I mean, he's at 14km, and nearly broadside.   First volley - minimal damage.   But that next round surely will work...   Second round falters.    Gonna definitely hit with the next volley.

Maybe after three volleys, I might have switched to HE.

That said, I also see these scenarios on gameplay videos from our contributors.   Yep, they're firing up reds, left and right, but if you'll look at their mini-maps or on-screen, a lot of times they'll be full broadside (for several rounds) and nobody takes a shot at them.

It's like my golf game - usually something is off.   Drives are good, short game is good, but putting  is horrible.   Next game, drives and putting is good, but short game can't find the green.

With some of these purple players, they seem to get all three criteria right - they hit their targets, they know their angling, and those they broadside are engaged with someone else.

Can't say what the issue was in this story - while it may have looked broadside, there may have been enough angle to mitigate heavy damage.  Or, it could have been RNG.

Yeah, there is that but 21 hits at that range says quite a few volleys. Personally as much as I hate the fire meta I would have lit him up and then gone back to AP, rinse & repeat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,619
[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,723 posts
11,347 battles

If I even briefly think about giving a compliment, then I give one.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,156 posts
4,848 battles

is it possible that he looked mostly broadside but had just enough of an angle to bounce? that's a trick i use fairly often in lower tier BBs. i imagine it translates well enough at high tiers, though i don't have any T10s myself. usually there's too much going on in the battle for them to notice the angle and aim high, but low tiers do tend to play faster than higher tiers.

just throwing a thought out there.

Edited by MidnightShamalan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
20 posts
16,253 battles

conquerors and unicum divs ruin the game and make it unfun for everyone else. report

  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
585
[ARRGG]
Members
4,676 posts
7,503 battles

It may have been more about the players ship positioning because he found some spots that allow him to fire and not be easily hit by return fire,couple that with Cruisers firing AP at range and there you have it

compliments I just don’t do anymore because the Karma thingy is broken and is more an indication of someone getting the final say after you’ve sunk em it seems to me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
0
[SLAVO]
[SLAVO]
Members
6 posts
92 battles

Man running my Radar YueYang that game was so fun. Also, my boy was havin a blast out in his Conq during that game. gg by the way man!

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4
[OO7]
[OO7]
Members
39 posts
8,104 battles
2 minutes ago, GeoBeergade95 said:

Man running my Radar YueYang that game was so fun. Also, my boy was havin a blast out in his Conq during that game. gg by the way man!

oops my bad meant to post it on this account...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,053
[OPG]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,872 posts
10,416 battles

132k average in concq is actually pretty low though...

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
0
[RUSHB]
Members
1 post
3,736 battles

so yeah that was me. this post was brought to my attention in the MIA discord lol. 
uhh yeah i remember that game pretty well i went east along the c flank because i saw you taking your france over there as well and we were trhe only 2 t10 bbs in that game. after your first coupla salvos i knew u werent the best player in the world  so i remained broadside on to you because i didnt want to commit and didnt want to retreat so i kept acc and decel to dodge your fairly predictable shells lol. you had 3 dds on that flank as well which im pretty suire i killed off most of them as they were keepin me from pushin in and my homie geo in the yueyang helped me out shoutout 2 ma boy wats good cash me outside u laGGIT lol
u will see a lot of uni cruiser players utilizing the tactic of quick accel/decel but not often in a bb which im pretty sure fuckd u up hAHA whats good it is wednesday
missed a lot of salvos on me becaus of that im sure u will see it in the replay if u didnt catch it already. post it here if u cant see it for urself and  need some1 2 poitn it out 2 u 
plus im inm a mongeror so if u did get me low ik i can just disengage and heal back up. probably shouldnt go wide C tho next time especially since u know that it will b mirror spawn and ur goin against an OPAF ship lul

  • Bad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1
[FAILD]
Members
12 posts
9,141 battles
23 minutes ago, tcibz said:

so yeah that was me. this post was brought to my attention in the MIA discord lol. 
uhh yeah i remember that game pretty well i went east along the c flank because i saw you taking your france over there as well and we were trhe only 2 t10 bbs in that game. after your first coupla salvos i knew u werent the best player in the world  so i remained broadside on to you because i didnt want to commit and didnt want to retreat so i kept acc and decel to dodge your fairly predictable shells lol. you had 3 dds on that flank as well which im pretty suire i killed off most of them as they were keepin me from pushin in and my homie geo in the yueyang helped me out shoutout 2 ma boy wats good cash me outside u laGGIT lol
u will see a lot of uni cruiser players utilizing the tactic of quick accel/decel but not often in a bb which im pretty sure fuckd u up hAHA whats good it is wednesday
missed a lot of salvos on me becaus of that im sure u will see it in the replay if u didnt catch it already. post it here if u cant see it for urself and  need some1 2 poitn it out 2 u 
plus im inm a mongeror so if u did get me low ik i can just disengage and heal back up. probably shouldnt go wide C tho next time especially since u know that it will b mirror spawn and ur goin against an OPAF ship lul

Well i did say statistically you are a good player  and as I mentioned, not sure if you remained broadside knowing you werent getting hit or just RNG lucky. You know your ship so good for you if that was intentional. My only point was compliments dished out and based on what. I cannot argue the results were there for you but we all had a hard time penning. Everyone else I hit fine, angles or not. I do have 431's.

But don't take this post wrong, it was only about compliments which shows you I thought about complimenting you. I was just questioning our teams inability to hit. Kudos to you for angling but cant say dodging, I hit you plenty. :-)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
411 posts

Seems some MIA kids have some soft skin. Surprised they even acknowledged this thread by replying :cap_wander:. They’re slipping.

Edited by KonigstigerVII
Grammar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1
[FAILD]
Members
12 posts
9,141 battles
48 minutes ago, Dredd5 said:

conquerors and unicum divs ruin the game and make it unfun for everyone else. report

I don't usually report anyone unless they are a total [edited], he /she was neither and a report was never close to mind. Can't report on the basis of they are too good of player lol, though I am sure you were joking!!!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,200
[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,338 posts
9,433 battles

If a team mate smokes me when I'm in trouble, or caps instead of chasing carriers...  They get a compliment.

I rarely kudo someone on the other team...   Maybe if he kills some idiot going ape on the spam keys and horn.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,867
[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
3,777 posts
12,906 battles

I use up almost all my compliments each day.  This is what I look for, primarily on my team:

1.  Anyone that simply plays a good game based on XP; definitely for a carry.

2.  Anyone doing better than me with a ship in a LOWER tier.

3.  Any bottom tier ship in the top three.

4.  Anyone with good manners.

I will often give a plus for a red in category 1 if they lose the game.

As for negative Karma...I don't use much.  Someone really needs to potato to get a negative hit.  These are reserved for T6 and above. 

 

So....based on the description given...A red Conq kicking [edited].  At best, they get positive karma if they lose while topping out with an exceptional score.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×