Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
ProfesssorRoadkill

Space Camouflage Questions

7 comments in this topic

Members
20 posts
8,510 battles

I have a couple of questions about the T10 Space Camouflage:

1. Does the Space Camo like Galaxy for the Des Moines come with special sound/visual effects or does it use the regular Des Moines sounds/shell effects? I've seen some conflicting statements about how special sound and visual effects maybe included in a future patch.

2. Do you have to own a specific ship to buy its Space Camo? I like the look of the Hellcarrier, but I'm a long way from unlocking the Hakuryu. If I go to the Hakuryu in the Tech Tree and click on the Exterior tab, it just takes me back to the port view for whatever ship I had selected. I just want to make sure I'm not missing out on something obvious. There have been special cases in the past where you could acquire a ship camo without owning the ship.

Thanks in advance.

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,239 posts
Just now, ProfesssorRoadkill said:

1. Does the Space Camo like Galaxy for the Des Moines come with special sound/visual effects or does it use the regular Des Moines sounds/shell effects? I've seen some conflicting statements about how special sound and visual effects maybe included in a future patch.

2. Do you have to own a specific ship to buy its Space Camo? I like the look of the Hellcarrier, but I'm a long way from unlocking the Hakuryu. If I go to the Hakuryu in the Tech Tree and click on the Exterior tab, it just takes me back to the port view for whatever ship I had selected. I just want to make sure I'm not missing out on something obvious. There have been special cases in the past where you could acquire a ship camo without owning the ship.

Thanks in advance.

1.) No. Maybe sounds later.

2.) Yes.

• Cool 1

Members
588 posts

1. No

2. Yes

After criticizing the cost of space camo I then remembered I make a ton of doubloons in real life and turned my new Des Moins into a Galaxy Class Space Cruiser. 

Result:

Too embarrassed to play Randumb games in it and too cheap to now buy the normal permanent camo

Maybe in six months it will be funny to play but now just not feeling right. 

Members
1,690 posts
7,231 battles
4 hours ago, ProfesssorRoadkill said:

Thanks in advance.

Space camo DOES come with its visual effects.  Your main guns, secondary guns (EDIT: the shells and it's trajectories are rendered in default visuals, but turrets have blue plazma effect when firing instead of fireballs), and smoke visuals are all space-like (that includes your ship being on fire, which I find pretty cool).  The sounds are not however, and some people like it this way.  So it's questionable whether they will add the sound effects.

You do have to own the corresponding ship to get its space camo.  You can't acquire the camo without actually owning the ship, at least at this point.  I suspect they will keep it this way to "motivate" you to get the T10 ship you want the space camo for, and potentially pay real money for free XP conversion.

Edited by Ramsalot

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,453 posts
3,418 battles

The Space Battle visuals are applied to the Space Camouflage, but the SFX are NOT. Not yet at any rate. WG admitted that they didn't think of that at first (Sub Octavian responded as such on Reddit), but now are looking into doing so for all their special event camouflage (Space and Halloween thus far) as a means to increase their value.

[EPOCH]
[EPOCH]
Members
40 posts
4,106 battles

there should be an option to toggle the visuals and audio for the space camos. i like the laser sounds and effects

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
1,923 posts
3,315 battles

should be noted: Now that the space camo is available on the premium shop, one does not have to spend doubloons to obtain it, which means no longer requiring owning the tier X ship for which it is used. However, one must shell out money in order to purchase from the shop directly.

Sign in to follow this