Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
kgh52

Normandie

11 comments in this topic

[TDRB]
Members
966 posts
3,746 battles

I added the Normandie to my fleet this weekend and have been doing "sea trails & gunnery practice" in the Aegis Operation of the Week. Compared to the Bayern & New Mexico the number of citadels has increased by a large percentage. Yes, I realize this is a scenario and much like a shooting gallery. I also have the Bretagne. It seems as if I have a higher percentage of citadels with this ship too. Most reviews seem to be on the negative side. Of course I don't know exactly what the reviewer is looking for nor do I know their play style. But with the number of citadels I am getting with this ship it might make a very good sniper.

With her realistic (cough, cough) 29.5 top speed she plays much like a cruiser with slow loading guns. The Normandie is definitely not a brawler.

• Cool 1

[ODIN]
[ODIN]
Members
456 posts
13,195 battles

I've found myself getting more citadels with the French battleship line than most others. It's seems like the "all or nothing" RNG factor that effects dispersion really wants to do just that, give you all or nothing. I like it a lot.

[4HIM]
Members
1,719 posts
3,905 battles

I've noticed that RNG with Bretagne.  You either get a major hit and Dev Strike, or almost nothing.  I think "Bretagne" translates to "Cursed by RNGesus" or something like that.  

[HINON]
Members
8,854 posts

I enjoyed my time in the normandie and if you like her you will like lyon.

Members
3,415 posts
6,082 battles

Normandie seems to only be a cruiser hunter.  BBs treat its salvos as flies while it can insta-delete a cruiser.  It gets over-matched really easily as its armor only seems to be suggested.  I liked the Bretagne a lot better though its lack of speed drove me nuts. 

Members
5,579 posts
3,952 battles

Brawler or not, it feels cowardly to spend too much time sailing away from enemies in a battleship. :3

Members
3,415 posts
6,082 battles

I am getting high damage games (just had a 81K damage game) but the kills are fleeting and I am spending a lot of time kiting 2-3 ships at a time. 

Members
3,415 posts
6,082 battles

5 km and shots sail over the other ship when aiming at the waterline  just terrible.

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,423 posts
3,367 battles

I strongly disagree that she's not a brawler. True, Normandie's armor is not quite up to snuff for a close-range slugfest compared to her piers at tier 6, but armor is not what's supposed to make her excel, it's her agility. Normandie, compared to the likes of New Mexico, Fuso, and Bayern, can dance around like a cruiser. Her turrets are quick, her rudder is quick, her secondaries are punchy, and most of all she can close the gap FAST to get out from under plunging fire. I'd have second thoughts about dueling a German or anything higher tier, but she can tear through Fusos and New Mexicos up close while using that nimbleness to dictate the flow of battle. Cruisers fare even worse against her up close and personal, as those secondaries start ripping through their armor and racking up Close-Quarters Experts for you. You need to watch out for torps of course, but that's nothing that some well placed HE shells on the way in can't mitigate.

Members
3,415 posts
6,082 battles

Best game so far but only because there were a lot of cruisers which the Normandie can deal with but not BBs unless they give a prefect broadside.  In this game was able to deal out 35K damage to a Gneis but no where near enough punching power to the AP in the Normandie.  The Gnies was always goignt o be able to outlast the Normandie even when he presents fat broadside.  Normandie is a cruiser hunter and that is about it.  Dispersion bad for DDs, no punch for BBs, and can't even remotely get near a CV to see how it would do with that.  My WR is sinking like a rock - now at 45%.  No ability to carry at all.

I was #1 on the team by 200 XP and 3rd place was 500 behind me.

World of Warships - Normandie - 105522.PNG

Edited by CylonRed

Members
3,415 posts
6,082 battles

Arrrrgh - only reason we lost was a Normadie AFK and a New York who decided to sit next to the Normandie even when a DD was around sinking the Normandie.

World of Warships - Normandie - 109844.PNG

Sign in to follow this