Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Darlith

Something odd about twitch prime mission

9 comments in this topic

Members
28 posts
3,126 battles

So I noticed something that struck me as funny with the twitch prime personal mission. You have to complete it in the texas of course which makes sense, and it is a t5 ship, but the wording of the missions say "Must be completed in Random, Ranked, Co-op, or Scenario battle." Which of course made me laugh as there are no scenarios at this time it can participate in. I'm sure it was just a quick thing where they wanted to tag it as completable in all normal mission types and no one sat there and considered it anymore than they considered if the ship could even compete in ranked battles, but I got a good chuckle out of it anyway. 

Also...I really would like to see a t5 scenario again.

Edited by Darlith
  • Cool 1

[4HIM]
Members
1,703 posts
3,886 battles
2 minutes ago, Darlith said:

+1.  Might be a way for some to work past the awful T5 MM after getting out of the protected MM.  

• Cool 1

Members
3,411 posts
6,072 battles

It is default description but it is perfectly fine since the user would just match up with where it can be used and go from there.   Add the 'or' in there and they can use the same description instead of creating another description with a slight change.

Edited by CylonRed

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,294 battles
7 minutes ago, Darlith said:

So I noticed something that struck me as funny with the twitch prime personal mission. You have to complete it in the texas of course which makes sense, and it is a t5 ship, but the wording of the missions say "Must be completed in Random, Ranked, Co-op, or Scenario battle." Which of course made me laugh as there are no scenarios at this time it can participate in. I'm sure it was just a quick thing where they wanted to tag it as completable in all normal mission types and no one sat there and considered it anymore than they considered if the ship could even compete in ranked battles, but I got a good chuckle out of it anyway. 

I think that that's the standard battle mode requirement.  After all, they always have missions include completable in Ranked even when it's not a ranked season.

I do agree that a T5 scenario would be nice, but I'm glad that they're no longer allowed in tier 6 scenarios.  The tier 6 scenarios were balanced for tier 6 ships, and bringing tier 5's only hurts the rest of the team's chances of winning.  Better to have tier 5 specific scenarios.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
281 posts
6,640 battles

I strongly support the idea of Tier 5 specific scenarios/operations. I've got a number of ships I'd like to grind without having to fight against Tier 7's 90% of the time. I'd also like to see how well the Gulio Cesere handles herself in a scenario, I suspect she'd be a beast!

Members
28 posts
3,126 battles

I'd say you are right on the default description, except I swear I have seen missions before that say "Random, Ranked, and Co-op" without scenario. But yeah I always see ranked listed it seems. 

[RKN]
Beta Testers
938 posts
8,751 battles
14 hours ago, Crucis said:

The tier 6 scenarios were balanced for tier 6 ships, and bringing tier 5's only hurts the rest of the team's chances of winning.  Better to have tier 5 specific scenarios.

Negative. Poor players brought down the team more often than the tier 5s.  I've seen people throw these things several times since its been t6 only. You can't tell me the T5s are unsuitable for these scenarios when I got high score once in an Emerald. We won that match because I'm a solid player, not because I'm a Unicom or something special.

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,294 battles
32 minutes ago, SavageTactical said:

Negative. Poor players brought down the team more often than the tier 5s.  I've seen people throw these things several times since its been t6 only. You can't tell me the T5s are unsuitable for these scenarios when I got high score once in an Emerald. We won that match because I'm a solid player, not because I'm a Unicom or something special.

Yeah, I can and I already did.  You were just the exception that proves the rule.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
35 minutes ago, SavageTactical said:

6NAWIPU.gif

Sign in to follow this