You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
DeathLord1969

Question regarding leaving match early penalizations

9 comments in this topic

Members
809 posts
2,616 battles

How does wg determine what the reason was for a player to leave a match early before punishing them?

Was it due to lag?

Was it due to teams melting in the first 5 minutes?

Was it due to rng playing a role against you to where you couldn't hit anything?

Was it due to lack of fun engaging matches?

What was the reason?

Alpha Tester
761 posts
1,358 battles

Guns have not moved: Game crashed or disconnected before loading

Guns have moved but not moving: Same as above but after loading, or just for some reason... left. XVM stat mod saying low chance of winning? Who knows. Still doesn't help that you're already a man down from the get-go.

Potato teams that insta fail in 5 minutes: Can you really blame when it's painfully obvious that you'll get roflstomped by a snowball effect?

Troll RNG: A thoughtful reason, but not really viable, had games where RNG literally would swindle my ability to help out the team.

Lack of fun engaging mechanics: There is no lack of, when it comes to being focused on heavily.

[WOLFB]
Members
1,668 posts
8,052 battles

No matter if you leave the match early or at the end or even because you were DC for some reason, you will always receive a heavy penalty.

This is a system to prevent leaving matches but at the same time if you're unlucky you are treated like you tried to leave the match which is frustrating

[NAVY]
Members
999 posts
3,720 battles

The thing is, you are most likely going to have to leave multiple matches early and be reported "xx" number of times before you receive a warning or a penalty.

I doubt the occasional DC or rage quit will get you punished. 

Of course, we just don't know how many leaving the match early/afk's it will take for a person to receive a penalty and like with the team damage/TK, I doubt WG will let us know so that it cannot be abused. However, people rage quitting and leaving the match early get what they deserve IMO.

Members
1,177 posts
501 battles

if this is going to work on the "REPORT AFK" in game system... you can expect a crap ton of abuse, like chat bans, when people report you for something that has nothing to do with what you did or did not do.. Piss off a player in chat?? They will report you for being AFK if they know it will get you banned to COOP... I really hope that is not how this is going to work...

[ZIPPO]
Members
1,530 posts
3,526 battles

I'm sure they can track the difference between a software crash and a user logging out. The fact their addressing it now means it's becoming a real issue. It will probably be like the TK system where a player has to AFK regularly to be punished

[INTEL]
Members
8,441 posts
25,340 battles
16 hours ago, Psycodiver said:

I'm sure they can track the difference between a software crash and a user logging out. The fact their addressing it now means it's becoming a real issue. It will probably be like the TK system where a player has to AFK regularly to be punished

That's what I was thinking, except that I seldom see players leaving matches early. I dont understand how it is a problem. Almost all DCs I see are  in-spawn, meaning that the internet/server disconnected.

Members
2,156 posts
4,848 battles
1 hour ago, Taichunger said:

That's what I was thinking, except that I seldom see players leaving matches early. I dont understand how it is a problem. Almost all DCs I see are  in-spawn, meaning that the internet/server disconnected.

i agree, it doesn't seem to happen much on our server. i've seen it a couple times at best, which astounds me if i think about it. but that doesn't mean it isn't an issue for other servers.

2 hours ago, Psycodiver said:

• Every time the client crashes, a file will be created with the .dmp extension. The size of the file will not exceed 500 Kb. Such files will contain information about the state of the application following a crash. This will help developers to find out what caused these crashes and fix them.

from the 0.7.3 patch notes, in case you were having any doubts. they're definitely tracking them.