You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
tritan67

SUPER Simple fix to CVs

31 comments in this topic

Members
9 posts
206 battles

make planes a infinite resource like the bullets in the game.... balance from there. add w/e you need to fix it but every other type of ship gets infinite resources to there offensive capability then CVs don't. do you know how they balance it? with cool downs also known as reload times...

• Bad 4

[BABC]
Members
52 posts

An interesting idea. Besides the issue of "B-b-b-but realism!", this would encourage reckless play while punishing players less late game for mishandling of planes. Fighters would have less importance in decreasing plane stock and simply just be there to deter strike attempts.

The problem would be that AA capabilities would suffer from the balancing issue. While CVs have unlimited planes, AA guns can still get destroyed on ships, thus putting them at the mercy of full strength CVs late game.

[STW-D]
Members
1,842 posts
5,651 battles

Don't forget about reload time differences (as well as squadron death penalties): an IJN CV will be able to outpace a USN CV in that regard

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,780 posts
14,775 battles
25 minutes ago, tritan67 said:

make planes a infinite resource like the bullets in the game.... balance from there. add w/e you need to fix it but every other type of ship gets infinite resources to there offensive capability then CVs don't. do you know how they balance it? with cool downs also known as reload times...

Here is an even easier fix for CVs; make them ALL bots and automatically give each team one per game, with NO human Captain.

• Funny 2
  • Bad 1
  • Angry 1

Members
9 posts
206 battles
12 minutes ago, yaluen said:

An interesting idea. Besides the issue of "B-b-b-but realism!", this would encourage reckless play while punishing players less late game for mishandling of planes. Fighters would have less importance in decreasing plane stock and simply just be there to deter strike attempts.

The problem would be that AA capabilities would suffer from the balancing issue. While CVs have unlimited planes, AA guns can still get destroyed on ships, thus putting them at the mercy of full strength CVs late game.

This is a game, F@#$ realism. Only use realism if it suits the game in and this case it does not. being reckless is fun and having second chances in a fight is what makes it fun. if one mistake costs me my entire game of fun what in the point of trying to have fun in a CV. The CV play style would not be altered that much you could be more care free in playing which I think is way better then current state.

3 minutes ago, Umikami said:

Here is an even easier fix for CVs; make them ALL bots and automatically give each team one per game, with NO human Captain.

Building on your idea is instead of controlling the ship players get to control a single plane that could be even better with your idea.

• Bad 3
  • Angry 1

[KSC]
Beta Testers
18 posts
6,526 battles

idk how DD players will feel if a CV controlled by a bot always know where they are and sends planes on top of them 

[TF03]
Members
739 posts
2,690 battles
6 hours ago, tritan67 said:

1st question have you played CV and not just a few battles if you have then you would know that this would never work good example the midway hanger nerf because people complained that the midway had to many planes and never ran out while the hak did mid to late battle.

even if they did try it to do it the end result would be just 1 CV line, if they tried to keep what they have now i.e US CV have more planes in a squad , more ammo and better fighters the CV never going to run out off fighters to spot, give AA, if you look at the IJN CV they would have endless TB and the quick rearm time off there planes i dont think you would think its a great idea at higher tiers when they can send 1 TB squad one after another to you till you sink.

giving every ship a way to fight off planes even with a cool down i.e DEFAA would mean no one would have to spec there ship for AA, work as a team to cover each other, even if they did the cool down would have to be massive if you look at the time it take to drop a load off torps fly back to ship reload then fly back US CV being the worst its not a 1-2 min round trip its longer so the cool down would have to be longer then the time it takes for the planes to get back to do a 2nd drop.

yes the CV need the re work but its not a simple fix they change the CV  they then have to look at AA and the list go's on. there is counters for CV the problem is no one wants to spec there ship for AA so they made the CHOICE to not have great AA but will cry when a CV sinks them and there AA did basic dmg and only shots  down a few planes. so whats there answer when that happens they want a  CV fix to buff AA so we dont have to spec for AA.

[USFTW]
Members
93 posts
1,882 battles

The main problem with your suggestion is that there wouldnt be anything to punish CVs for extremely over agressive plays. But trying to fix CVs will be a more complicated problem then I think you realise. The real problem is that they are completely reliant on RNG and that you can balance them agenst a single surface ship or a couple ships but not both.

• Cool 1

[TF03]
Members
739 posts
2,690 battles

my suggestion is until  the rework happens be it in a few months or a year people need to take into account the choice in the game they make and live with it and not feel like everything should be handed to them, i have a few BB spec for AA and you know what i dont see any planes near me till late on in the game, strange how that works and the CV knows one my team i have that setup and can use it to there advantage so can other ships and if planes do come near me my ship just eats them up no DEFAA needed just spec for AA.

19 minutes ago, AtomicMan3 said:

But trying to fix CVs will be a more complicated problem then I think you realise

that your dead wrong on that im one off the people trying to tell people that the CV re work isnt a simple fix and it will take time, i even put a post up explaining to people why it will take so long and what would they rather a rushed re work which at the end people still [edited] that its not right or they take longer and get it right. just on CV you have loadouts, planes, dmg, ammo, spotting, hanger, AA, then you move on to the ships and same thing AA, DEFAA, manual AA control , range off AA, dmg of AA, captain skills do they need a change, spotter planes, fighter plane even armour of ships will be looked at would you like me to keep going?

the only way there going to fix this is with the CV re work just look at what they have done to the midway over the last couple months and now with the hanger nerf that has everyone asking are they going to put the tier off the planes back up now the hanger will be so low. look at the whole US CV line from tier 6 up to the IJN line and the loadouts each one gets theres no short way to fix CV with out doing a whole rework from ground up

27 minutes ago, AtomicMan3 said:

The real problem is that they are completely reliant on RNG and that you can balance them agenst a single surface ship or a couple ships but not both.

are you on about AA for that part?

[USFTW]
Members
93 posts
1,882 battles
49 minutes ago, ausanimal said:

my suggestion is until  the rework happens be it in a few months or a year people need to take into account the choice in the game they make and live with it and not feel like everything should be handed to them, i have a few BB spec for AA and you know what i dont see any planes near me till late on in the game, strange how that works and the CV knows one my team i have that setup and can use it to there advantage so can other ships and if planes do come near me my ship just eats them up no DEFAA needed just spec for AA.

that your dead wrong on that im one off the people trying to tell people that the CV re work isnt a simple fix and it will take time, i even put a post up explaining to people why it will take so long and what would they rather a rushed re work which at the end people still [edited] that its not right or they take longer and get it right. just on CV you have loadouts, planes, dmg, ammo, spotting, hanger, AA, then you move on to the ships and same thing AA, DEFAA, manual AA control , range off AA, dmg of AA, captain skills do they need a change, spotter planes, fighter plane even armour of ships will be looked at would you like me to keep going?

the only way there going to fix this is with the CV re work just look at what they have done to the midway over the last couple months and now with the hanger nerf that has everyone asking are they going to put the tier off the planes back up now the hanger will be so low. look at the whole US CV line from tier 6 up to the IJN line and the loadouts each one gets theres no short way to fix CV with out doing a whole rework from ground up

are you on about AA for that part?

It MIGHT be possible to bandaid fix CVs but a true fix will require all plane related mechanics to be reworked from the ground up.

[TF03]
Members
739 posts
2,690 battles
8 minutes ago, AtomicMan3 said:

It MIGHT be possible to bandaid fix CVs but a true fix will require all plane related mechanics to be reworked from the ground up

until the CV rework people have to use what we have atm the problem is people don't want to and  just in case you missed it that was one off the last points i said was the re work needs to be done from ground up

1 hour ago, ausanimal said:

theres no short way to fix CV with out doing a whole rework from ground up

• Cool 1

Members
9 posts
206 battles

Your mixing RNG with limited resources. That is lame if you have infinite planes then it becomes less lame and more fun. you can simply make the planes HP weaker so AA has a better effect then the game is balanced.... tada!

[TF03]
Members
739 posts
2,690 battles
17 hours ago, tritan67 said:

Your mixing RNG with limited resources. That is lame if you have infinite planes then it becomes less lame and more fun. you can simply make the planes HP weaker so AA has a better effect then the game is balanced.... tada!

where do i start take the midway a tier 10 CV only there DB are tier 10, fighters are tier 9 and TB are tier 8 so already you have weaker planes then a tier 10 ship with AA which is why it had a hanger size off 136 to allow for the loss off planes when going in for a strike. you lose a squad off TB doing a strike no worries got plenty off planes spare, sounds a lot like what your trying to say but guess what people [edited] about it having to many planes and the IJN CV running out off planes while midway had plenty left still at the 10min mark.

WG answer to that and to try and balance the game was to nerf the midway to 96 planes and no one knows if midway planes are going to go up in tier to make up for the 40 planes its losing with the next nerf more so the TB being only tier 8. 

so not only has what your saying been in the game the midway hanger size pretty much being infinite planes and the lower tier planes tier 8 TB going up against a tier 10 ship AA donst work out well its come back as its not balanced hence the amount off nerfs midway has had to it to try and balance it and the nerfs have only been over the last couple months.

even the achievement clear sky is getting changed cause people bitched that it was to hard to get with the midway hanger size, if you havent played CV start the US line and get to the lex then when you get put in a match with tier 10 go in for strike on a tier 10 BB right at the start and let me know how it turns out.

people need to stop with the nerf the CV, give it infinite planes and buff AA fix if it was that easy the midway wouldnt be getting the nerfs that it's been getting, look at other ships and the setups that you do for them and how one helps the other, if you need a good example CV div they will always go CV and 2 ships set up for AA to shut down the other CV and make areas on the map a no fly zone.

but ask or suggest people set one up for random matches and nope no one wants to do it a ship set up for AA even though it might be RNG you still eat away at the planes and if it didnt work that well why do CV div do it, cause it works. work as a team, stick close to make a AA bubble 2-3 ships shooting at planes will always be better then 1, people spec ships for AA, manual focus your AA fire, use DEFAA to help out your teammate and not just save it for yourself, communicate with your CV look at that you just balanced the AA vs CV in your favour....tada! 

Members
9 posts
206 battles
2 hours ago, ausanimal said:

where do i start take the midway a tier 10 CV only there DB are tier 10, fighters are tier 9 and TB are tier 8 so already you have weaker planes then a tier 10 ship with AA which is why it had a hanger size off 136 to allow for the loss off planes when going in for a strike. you lose a squad off TB doing a strike no worries got plenty off planes spare, sounds a lot like what your trying to say but guess what people bitched about it having to many planes and the IJN CV running out off planes while midway had plenty left still at the 10min mark.

WG answer to that and to try and balance the game was to nerf the midway to 96 planes and no one knows if midway planes are going to go up in tier to make up for the 40 planes its losing with the next nerf more so the TB being only tier 8. 

so not only has what your saying been in the game the midway hanger size pretty much being infinite planes and the lower tier planes tier 8 TB going up against a tier 10 ship AA donst work out well its come back as its not balanced hence the amount off nerfs midway has had to it to try and balance it and the nerfs have only been over the last couple months.

even the achievement clear sky is getting changed cause people bitched that it was to hard to get with the midway hanger size, if you havent played CV start the US line and get to the lex then when you get put in a match with tier 10 go in for strike on a tier 10 BB right at the start and let me know how it turns out.

people need to stop with the nerf the CV, give it infinite planes and buff AA fix if it was that easy the midway wouldnt be getting the nerfs that it's been getting, look at other ships and the setups that you do for them and how one helps the other, if you need a good example CV div they will always go CV and 2 ships set up for AA to shut down the other CV and make areas on the map a no fly zone.

but ask or suggest people set one up for random matches and nope no one wants to do it a ship set up for AA even though it might be RNG you still eat away at the planes and if it didnt work that well why do CV div do it, cause it works. work as a team, stick close to make a AA bubble 2-3 ships shooting at planes will always be better then 1, people spec ships for AA, manual focus your AA fire, use DEFAA to help out your teammate and not just save it for yourself, communicate with your CV look at that you just balanced the AA vs CV in your favour....tada! 

I guess your missing my point... CVs are not fun because of the bull S$%^ that can happen in a game. you can send your fighters into another squadron of fighters and only kill one fighter and he wipes your fighters out with AA support on your side. For that entire game your gonna be at extreme disadvantage and probably Midway (pun) through the battle you have nothing because he has fighters and you don't. By having infinite resources like DDs have infinite torpedoes and bullets, a CV player can have fun if something like that happens. This is not a post about balance... This is a post about making all CVs fun no matter what teir you are at and no matter what happens in a game. Balance can come after they become fun.

Here is another way looking at it. when a ships gun gets damage we can repair it, these planes are the CVs guns. so everything but the CV has infinite resources excluding it special abilities, however non of those abilities give it an extra offensive weapon, they give it an advantage at a time. So why are these planes something the CV depends on limited? By using something like a limited resource to balance a ships main abilty when no other ship has that problem it really makes the CV harder to balance and also makes it harder match making because if you get 4 AA Clevelands in a game then the CV be useless after his first dive on a ship.

Edited by tritan67

[GUAC]
Members
1 post
2,114 battles

Until we see what WG has in mind for the CV "Rework", I wouldn't be against some stop gaps to at least make them more enjoyable, as their current state is the main reason why I haven't attempted to play them. Not fun to be in control of a key vehicle in a match and having to hope you get lucky or are in control of such vehicles as the Saipan to have a good edge in controlling the match. This may not be the best solution, but this will help to make mistakes not as costly and to help beginners from flaming out when they face a 75%+ WR carrier.

[TF03]
Members
739 posts
2,690 battles
7 hours ago, tritan67 said:

I guess your missing my point... CVs are not fun because of the bull S$%^ that can happen in a game. you can send your fighters into another squadron of fighters and only kill one fighter and he wipes your fighters out with AA support on your side. For that entire game your gonna be at extreme disadvantage and probably Midway (pun) through the battle you have nothing because he has fighters and you don't. By having infinite resources like DDs have infinite torpedoes and bullets, a CV player can have fun if something like that happens. This is not a post about balance... This is a post about making all CVs fun no matter what teir you are at and no matter what happens in a game. Balance can come after they become fun.

Here is another way looking at it. when a ships gun gets damage we can repair it, these planes are the CVs guns. so everything but the CV has infinite resources excluding it special abilities, however non of those abilities give it an extra offensive weapon, they give it an advantage at a time. So why are these planes something the CV depends on limited? By using something like a limited resource to balance a ships main abilty when no other ship has that problem it really makes the CV harder to balance and also makes it harder match making because if you get 4 AA Clevelands in a game then the CV be useless after his first dive on a ship.

really have you played cv at all if you have then you would know what would cause your fighters to lose so bad like that one example is your a IJN CV and there a US CV, US CV will allways win on a 1 vs 1 dogfight due to more fighters and better fighter planes, think what would happen if they gave zuiho infinite planes with there 2 TB squad and quick rearm time and a 11 points on captain skill it would just be a endless wave off TB one after the other and would only get worse as the tiers go up and you get 3 TB squads.

what happens when you go broadside to a ship you get punished for it if a BB hits a cruiser broadside it can be enough to sink it with 1 shot, same with DD should we give them infinite health so that dosnt happen and take away your fun off playing DD, playing CV you have to plan, think ahead, know which ships to avoid, which ones to go after even more when you hit tier 6.

any experienced CV player will tell you if you get in a match with a AA ship i.e cleveland to stay away from it till later in game when some off it's AA been knocked out but there's 10 other targets you can go for while you wait. the reason for having a limited amount off planes is to stop people just sending in planes and not caring what happens cause there's no punishment if you go after a ship with high AA, you mess up a drop or go for a CV snipe and lose all the planes you have sent no big deal cause you have infinite planes.

CV can be fun once you learn how to play them, learn how to use what you have to there best advantage, what ships to go after and which ones to avoid cause there a no fly zone, if they change it to infinite planes then they will have to change the loadouts off the CV to then on top off that AA. you cant expect a 1-1-1 US CV to stand a chance with a 2-2-2 CV with infinite planes like you say it would be no fun for the US CV and they might as well leave the match.

the problem isnt how many planes you have but the info on how to use them, yes there are youtube videos and post but a lot you learn from exp or from people telling you, i know people that have list off ships to avoid cause off there AA when they play CV, if anything they need to change the loadouts off the US CV first give them a 2nd  fighter squad.

[TF03]
Members
739 posts
2,690 battles
3 hours ago, JimSilver said:

Until we see what WG has in mind for the CV "Rework", I wouldn't be against some stop gaps to at least make them more enjoyable, as their current state is the main reason why I haven't attempted to play them. Not fun to be in control of a key vehicle in a match and having to hope you get lucky or are in control of such vehicles as the Saipan to have a good edge in controlling the match. This may not be the best solution, but this will help to make mistakes not as costly and to help beginners from flaming out when they face a 75%+ WR carrier.

a lot off CV with high winrate most times go in div with 2 AA ships and shut down the other CV, the problem is the CV are so out off balance take tier 8 and the loadouts each CV has the lex only has a 1-1-2 loadout where the other cvs have a 2-2-2 loadouts tier 7 is just as bad so grinding up the US line is a pain in the [edited]only having 1 fighter squad to counter with, yes if you strafe both there fighters down there numbers are lower and your off to a good start but its not easy and there was a lot off time's i didnt enjoy some off my matches cause there wasnt a lot i could do with the 1-1-1 loadout. but infinite planes is not the answer for a quick fix till the re-work. just think off a 75%+ WR CV with infinite planes be worse then it is now if anything they need to change the loadouts off the CV a bit till the rework make them bit more balanced and a fighting chance for every CV

[TF03]
Members
739 posts
2,690 battles

one more reason why giving CV infinite planes till the rework happens is a bad idea, whats going to happen when the re-work comes and you no longer have infinite planes but have to use your skill and knowledge off CV to win but because off the infinite planes you didnt learn anything but how to throw planes at ships till you hit them and if you lose your fighters you can just get another squad. so things like how to plan a drop, which ships to go for or avoid, best use off fighters i.e how far you can push till you get into a AA bubble, do you give AA cover, how long to spot for before you have to leave and when to return to CV to reload on ammo all those skills people wont care about and players trying the CV line wont learn or people that havent learnt those skills yet they wont.

then when the rework hits and they lose the infinite planes how many people will complain that the CV are no longer fun cause they cant waste planes and didnt learn any skills

Members
9 posts
206 battles

what does players skill have to do with balance? if they want to do silly or reckless moves let them. If it is less effective eventually they will get tired of being out played over and over after several games but at least they have more planes per match to learn. Even if it is somewhat effective in what they are doing they may watch another CV out perform them and ask why? what is funny is that low teir CVs have very little spare planes which sucks for learning you have to wait till next match to try your idea and your idea may not work in next match because of line up is different or positioning is different, so learning is much harder with current setup. So your point is to make it harder for new players to figure things out?

Infinite planes should be included in the upcoming rework for new players, you will still be an awesome CV player but people will be able to catch up to your tactics faster that is all.

Edited by tritan67

[ARP2]
Members
7 posts
1,487 battles

Having a smaller hanger at lower tiers isn't necessarily a bad thing tbh tho, it teaches you to manage your aircraft carefully and not throw them away. Yes at higher tiers you get a much bigger hanger, but its for a good reason. The AA at high tiers gets a lot more brutal and you also have to account for the fact that cvs can also strafe away entire squadrons instantly. If WG gave the lower tiers huge hangers the players wouldn't mind sitting around in AA and using the planes for anything they felt like,  but then get destroyed when they move on to higher tiers.

I would agree that infinite hangers is a questionable idea, it would allow CVs to continuously strike the enemy ships the entire game. Lose all your squadrons? Not a problem. Of course you could increase the time it takes to ready the aircraft but then you may as well just have the kept the limited hanger space.

Members
9 posts
206 battles
7 minutes ago, PotatoMarshal said:

I would agree that infinite hangers is a questionable idea, it would allow CVs to continuously strike the enemy ships the entire game. Lose all your squadrons? Not a problem. Of course you could increase the time it takes to ready the aircraft but then you may as well just have the kept the limited hanger space.

But a battleship, a cruiser and destroyer all have the option to constantly strike the enemy constantly why should a CV be no different? battleships can strike at a distance further then a most destroyer ranges. The nice thing is the further you have to dive behind the enemy lines the more AA fire you have taken. If you take more AA fire or have a higher chance of getting intercepted by fighters then its kinda like at range your dispersion is worse as you will have less planes bombing or torpedoing your target. Now I can see the idea that a CV can hide all game, however a destroyer can hide in smoke and fire all day without being seen as long as ships stay 2 KM away.

13 minutes ago, PotatoMarshal said:

Having a smaller hanger at lower tiers isn't necessarily a bad thing tbh tho, it teaches you to manage your aircraft carefully and not throw them away. Yes at higher tiers you get a much bigger hanger, but its for a good reason. The AA at high tiers gets a lot more brutal and you also have to account for the fact that cvs can also strafe away entire squadrons instantly. If WG gave the lower tiers huge hangers the players wouldn't mind sitting around in AA and using the planes for anything they felt like,  but then get destroyed when they move on to higher tiers.

What is wrong with game play style changes as teir changes? For example when you first enter the game you start with a cruiser fires like a machine gun and all you face is cruiser then you move into battleships and destroyers and then finally meet CVs. Also teir changes are not so sudden, your not gonna instantly run into the huge AA after one match, they still need to progress through the tech tree and upgrades. They would have time to adjust to the changes so I don't see that as a valid argument. They would not just get destroyed, they may have to learn couple of things each time they go up in a teir but that is true as you progress anyhow in other ships anyhow.

[ARP2]
Members
7 posts
1,487 battles
26 minutes ago, tritan67 said:

Also teir changes are not so sudden, your not gonna instantly run into the huge AA after one match, they still need to progress through the tech tree and upgrades

True, but giving lower tiers a big hanger certainly won't prepare them for higher tiers

The nice thing is the further you have to dive behind the enemy lines the more AA fire you have taken.

Also true, but you don't have to dive straight towards enemy lines. You can fly around clumps of AA and pick off ships that are either on their own or don't have too much AA support.

But a battleship, a cruiser and destroyer all have the option to constantly strike the enemy constantly why should a CV be no different?

Having constant torp drops are gonna hurt a lot more than any guns in the game. If your torp drops are accurate it will burn through BBs quite fast. 

Edited by PotatoMarshal
  • Cool 1

[TF03]
Members
739 posts
2,690 battles
3 hours ago, tritan67 said:

Infinite planes should be included in the upcoming rework for new players, you will still be an awesome CV player but people will be able to catch up to your tactics faster that is all.

stop and really think about it, what would stop someone with a 19 point captain and major exp in playing CV coming down to lower tiers just to go seal clubbing with CV cause it has infinite planes. 

what does players skill have to do with balance? if they want to do silly or reckless moves let them.

and if they do they should be punished just like any other ship in the game you go broadside to a BB you get punished for it, you do a reckless move with your planes i.e send them to a ship with high AA or a group off ships  you should be punished to. no one is stopping you from doing reckless moves you will just get punished for doing it just like any other ship would.

what is funny is that low teir CVs have very little spare planes which sucks for learning

thats the whole point off a small hanger is to get you to start learning before you start getting to higher tiers, learning drops, dogfighting, baiting, avoiding AA pretty much all the basic skills and remember the lower tier ships ant that strong to tier 4-5 there AA is kinda crap

[TF03]
Members
739 posts
2,690 battles
2 hours ago, tritan67 said:

But a battleship, a cruiser and destroyer all have the option to constantly strike the enemy constantly why should a CV be no different?

cause a CV has the power to sink a ship with 1 strike or do massive amounts off damage with putting at time little to no risk to there planes 

Now I can see the idea that a CV can hide all game, however a destroyer can hide in smoke and fire all day without being seen as long as ships stay 2 KM away.

come tier 6 its harder for DD to hide in smoke, all it takes is a well placed manual TB drop and you can sink them, hit them or force them out off the smoke its even easier with IJN CV cause you get 2 TB squads, at lower tiers you can just fly above there smoke and just keep your planes there to spot for any torps they might send out pretty much shutting down the DD. why do you think DD mains hate CV spotting so much and CV are getting a nerf to torp spotting

What is wrong with game play style changes as teir changes? For example when you first enter the game you start with a cruiser fires like a machine gun and all you face is cruiser then you move into battleships and destroyers and then finally meet CVs. Also teir changes are not so sudden, your not gonna instantly run into the huge AA after one match, they still need to progress through the tech tree and upgrades. They would have time to adjust to the changes so I don't see that as a valid argument. They would not just get destroyed, they may have to learn couple of things each time they go up in a teir but that is true as you progress anyhow in other ships anyhow.

soon as you hit tier 5 which doesn't really take that long you can run into ships with high AA, so you only have tier 4 which is safe from ships with high AA, same as being paired with higher CV. tier 1-4 are protected and WG made it that way to give new players a chance to learn how to play and get used to there ships but soon as you hit tier 5 your out off that protected zone and will face ships with high AA and  at tier 6 you have strafe and manual drops come into play. like any new player i come across or they ask for help on here about learning CV the 1 main point i bring up is when you hit tier 6 go into co-op and learn how to strafe and do manual drops, you don't have to stay there till your great at it but long enough till you know what your doing with it and how it works.

[TF03]
Members
739 posts
2,690 battles

So your point is to make it harder for new players to figure things out?

it dosn' t take long to figure things out, watch some youtube videos, ask in the games Q & A, ask on here, contact the last person you were matched with and most times people will answer back and give you tips or help you out with learning how to play CV, the higher tiers are worse then the lower tiers when trying to figure things out and there's more to figure out take tier 8 you could be placed in a tier 10 match you now have to work out what you can and can't do in that match knowing pretty much any ship you go near will eat you planes up and it dosnt take long or many matches to work it out.

if anything WG needs to make something for new CV players so when they hit say tier 6 they have a choice to go into training and  learn about how to strafe. cause nothing comes up letting you know you can do and if your unaware off it your going to do a lot off matches not using it till someone tells you about it or you ask