Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
JuiceEFruit

Okay, this really stunk:

14 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
260 posts

Top tier in my New Mexico.  I'm killing it.  Something like 119k damage, 4 kills, 6 citadels.  Everything I'm shooting is taking big damage. 

Getting down to the end of the match.   Citadel a New York to within an inch of its life right before it goes behind a rock.  I also go by a rock, and I know 

there's a cruiser I'm going to get a shot at also on the other side.  A Nurnberg, I believe it was.  Something with torps.   So I have probably 2/3 health after I've repaired and I'm going to shoot him and be turning away immediately as I figure he's going to have fired a spread.   Even with a hit or 3, I have a repair and a health ready to go, so I'm not sinking.  And I'm going to have a close shot at him, so I figure I can deal with him, then get that mortally-wounded New York.

So I come out, spot the cruiser, unload a point-blank salvo while turning away.........and as my finger hits the button and the guns fire, the game crashes to desktop.  :etc_swear:

No idea why.  Once at the desktop, it takes a few seconds to happen but I got the game window to pop back up....only to see the keel of my ship facing skyward, with all 4 props still spinning away.   I was torped and wasn't there to avoid or repair.   :cap_viking:

 

Oh, and in the stats screen afterwards, that last salvo I fired indeed was deadly, did over 15k damage to the cruiser, so his [edited] was grass if I had been still there controlling my ship.   Dang it.  

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,688 posts
7,230 battles

I once disconnected in EVE online, inside anomaly, while tanking sleepers in officer fitted marauder...  I lost the ship and very expensive modules permanently.  Like six months of playing the game - gone.  

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,307
[TF16B]
Members
8,040 posts
16,978 battles

Not as bad as the two of you; but first game today for DDs/Normandie, in my Hot...

...start timer reaches 00:00...

Critical Failure, booted out...

...fortunately I got back in fast enough to bag two Furus and something else, and get my five torpedo hits...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,156 posts
4,848 battles

my machine couldn't get more spud-like if it were grown in idaho, but i've never once experienced a crash in this game. huge FPS drops, lag spikes, bugs, you name it. but never crashes.

have i beaten the odds? or have i just jinxed myself? my sign is vital. my hands are cold. and i'm on my knees, looking for the answer.~

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
814
[FOXEH]
Members
3,320 posts
11,836 battles
31 minutes ago, MidnightShamalan said:

my machine couldn't get more spud-like if it were grown in idaho, but i've never once experienced a crash in this game. huge FPS drops, lag spikes, bugs, you name it. but never crashes.

have i beaten the odds? or have i just jinxed myself? my sign is vital. my hands are cold. and i'm on my knees, looking for the answer.~

You jinxed yourself! The RNG of client crashes will remedy this oversight... :Smile_ohmy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
19 posts
2,827 battles
48 minutes ago, MidnightShamalan said:

my machine couldn't get more spud-like if it were grown in idaho, but i've never once experienced a crash in this game. huge FPS drops, lag spikes, bugs, you name it. but never crashes.

have i beaten the odds? or have i just jinxed myself? my sign is vital. my hands are cold. and i'm on my knees, looking for the answer.~

You jinxed yourself.  That's how it started with me too.  Little things.  Bugs, FPS issue, the occasional end of match lock ups, no biggie.  Just wait.  

 

I am now thoroughly convinced that this game code has an insidious, long standing problem (or multiple issues) that is slowly manifesting itself into more, and bigger issues.  I believe the recent FPS issue is related to numerous other problems, and I am waiting to see how this next fix goes.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
55 posts
2,399 battles

I've very rarely been disconnected in the past, but in the past week or so its become a LOT more common, as in several times daily, and yesterday, several times in the same match. Something is going on. I'm with Trigger_Happy_Jax that something in the code is manifesting itself into more and bigger issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
242 posts
608 battles
5 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Not as bad as the two of you; but first game today for DDs/Normandie, in my Hot...

...start timer reaches 00:00...

Critical Failure, booted out...

...fortunately I got back in fast enough to bag two Furus and something else, and get my five torpedo hits...

I have had 3 things like this happen to me. 

First time I was in my Blys and in a bad open area with a bunch of cruisers coming and then I got DC'd. After a minute or so I make it back in with something like 100 health left, so I have to be super careful and haven't gotten a chance to do anything yet. I don't know if I got a single cap or point of damage that game (my team proceeded to wipe them off the map)

 

Second time my game never loaded up at all. It stayed at the map screen. I could see all the ships moving and navigating around the map, but there I was, stuck in spawn unable to move or type and tell them I wasn't a jerk, I just got screwed. 

 

Third time was the one I actually got recorded. It's super crazy. Game freezes... but partially? Some things moved, but others did not. Here's the link for it, no one ever explain to me what happened lol. (Ignore the audio, I didn't want to mute it, the audio is from a YouTube video I was listening to)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
20 posts
16,224 battles

Play on weekends. This way if your game crashes and it takes you 10 minutes to restart, chances are your team is still taking the long way to caps

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39
[TF-64]
Members
364 posts
12,576 battles

My worst a long time back I was running my Benson and my power went out for all of 10 seconds. Well of course this resets my modem. I finally get back on and holy crap I'm not dead. I'm on fire and sitting like 4K from an opfor BB. Hit DC and launch Torps. As I start to pop smoke to hide so I can get the rest of my bearings an allied BB renders right where my Torps are headed. I sink both. I did tell my ally why it happened but I felt bad since I'm sure had I checked my minimap I would have known he was there. Also it probably contributed to our loss. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
260 posts

Crashes like these are why I will never report anyone for AFK.  You just don't know.   

I played a match with my son last night and his computer crashed while loading in.   He had to restart.  Someone said "report him for AFK" and I'm saying "He's not AFK, his PC crashed, he's right next to me I'm watching him reboot"

Both our PC's are older ones that I built, but they don't do this on any other game, just WoWs.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
585
[ARRGG]
Members
4,672 posts
7,499 battles
19 hours ago, JuiceEFruit said:

Top tier in my New Mexico.  I'm killing it.  Something like 119k damage, 4 kills, 6 citadels.  Everything I'm shooting is taking big damage. 

Getting down to the end of the match.   Citadel a New York to within an inch of its life right before it goes behind a rock.  I also go by a rock, and I know 

there's a cruiser I'm going to get a shot at also on the other side.  A Nurnberg, I believe it was.  Something with torps.   So I have probably 2/3 health after I've repaired and I'm going to shoot him and be turning away immediately as I figure he's going to have fired a spread.   Even with a hit or 3, I have a repair and a health ready to go, so I'm not sinking.  And I'm going to have a close shot at him, so I figure I can deal with him, then get that mortally-wounded New York.

So I come out, spot the cruiser, unload a point-blank salvo while turning away.........and as my finger hits the button and the guns fire, the game crashes to desktop.  :etc_swear:

No idea why.  Once at the desktop, it takes a few seconds to happen but I got the game window to pop back up....only to see the keel of my ship facing skyward, with all 4 props still spinning away.   I was torped and wasn't there to avoid or repair.   :cap_viking:

 

Oh, and in the stats screen afterwards, that last salvo I fired indeed was deadly, did over 15k damage to the cruiser, so his [edited] was grass if I had been still there controlling my ship.   Dang it.  

I think many have had issues with AFK myself I’ve had 3 bouts of it the first was a patch that for some reason didn’t take so had to uninstall the game and start again

the second was another update patch that required a little more hard drive space so after deleting and freeing up more space all was well

the third was right in the middle of the game the whole game would crash so I’d reboot get back in for like 30 seconds than gone again.. turns out my electrical surge protector that everything plugs into went bad and after I changed it all was well again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
401
[WOLF9]
Members
3,136 posts

 AHHH yes- the old game crashes and it takes forever to log back in thing...  Been there, done that.  Heck one time, the match ENDED and I was STILL stuck in the load -in screen.

  Even more fun when it happens at an extremely inconvenient moment mid game.   I'm sure half the neighborhood heard me yell NOOOOOOO!!!!! at my computer once or twice, lol.

  I think my "favorite"  Well that sucked... moment- that I can easily recall- came in a match in Missouri a few weeks ago.   Was in pve on the Mountain Range map.  I had gone South with a cruiser and a DD,  just along the East side of the big island chain.   The rest of the team was heading towards the East Cap, so nobody at all to spot on the West side of the map.   The bot team suddenly appeared- completely surrounding us on three sides- all 8 of them.    I ate more freaking citadels in the next 30 seconds or so...   Never have I seen a Missouri melt so fast.   I got off ONE salvo before blowing up...    

  I was so salty about that match that I immediately shut the game down, and didn't play again for several days.   ("mighty" MO had been getting absolutely trolled with RNG for many matches, and this was the straw that broke the camel's back)  It was a long time before I took that ship out again. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
260 posts

Another interesting event yesterday:  Playing the New Mexico in Random.  I did just over 67k damage to a Queen Elizabeth.  Didn't kill it.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×