You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
injunmick

How does ons check out clans?

7 comments in this topic

[WFSDL]
Members
610 posts
8,304 battles

3 times tonight I have been invited by clans to join.

I have dived with others in the past, and it just didn't fit. How do I check out the inviting clan?

I'm an old salty bastard admittedly, as some of you know, so, how do I check out a clan before I join?

[NDA]
Supertester, Alpha Tester
5,473 posts
4,055 battles
2 hours ago, injunmick said:

I have dived with others in the past, and it just didn't fit. How do I check out the inviting clan?

I'm an old salty bastard admittedly, as some of you know, so, how do I check out a clan before I join?

To check out a clan in-game, click on the Clans button while in port. It's under the Battle button, and to the right of the Profile button. Then there should be a Clan Search page where you can search for the clan's name or tag.

OmfUR4p.jpg?1

To check out a clan without launching the game, you can use this website: https://clans.worldofwarships.com/clans/gateway/wows/search

• Cool 1

[-K-]
[-K-]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
2,052 posts
9,316 battles

After that you can ask a member for their Discord or Team Speak info and hang out, chat and division and see who is the best fit. Nothing wrong with having multiple clan Discord channels either. I can't even count how many players from different clans hang out in our Discord and vice versa.

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
Members
6,019 posts
2,203 battles

^^ This.  I was in a clan for a while, but we just didn't click in voice mode.

And drop by the Team Play forum. https://forum.worldofwarships.com/forum/265-team-play/ The posts will usually tell you how a team conceptualizes itself.

If you don't find a fit, you can join one of the solo clans like the WOLFs and associates (there's like 15 of them).  You get the benefits, which can be considerable, but they don't exist to play together.  Thus no pressure.

Edited by iDuckman

[ARRGG]
Members
4,680 posts
7,503 battles
13 hours ago, injunmick said:

You just have to try em ...the old Salty bastard thing may not serve you well in Clans were the order of the day is as little drama as possible which I like  if someone gets nasty or to hyped up it just takes away from the fun factor 

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
1,267 posts
8,726 battles
17 minutes ago, HMCS_Devilfish said:

You just have to try em ...the old Salty bastard thing may not serve you well in Clans were the order of the day is as little drama as possible which I like  if someone gets nasty or to hyped up it just takes away from the fun factor 

If most clans are like ours is, the main goal is just having a fun time and improving. We help each other with our tech tree grinds, share what helps us do well in certain ships, etc. Salt is in enough abundance in game chat that we don't need any in our TeamSpeak...

• Cool 1