You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CarbonButtprint

[Poll] Are you still enjoying space battles?

Are they still fun for you?  

127 members have voted

1. 1. Please vote!

• Still enjoying them
    • They got boring/redundant
    • Haven't played them

34 comments in this topic

Members
1,132 posts
3,141 battles

I'm wondering what people think about these since they've been out for a while. I'm still having a blast, and it's nice since I get to grind free XP, credits, and commander xp, all of which are things I need. I tend to do very well in the Norma, and it's just hilarious fun to play. These space battles are a breath of fresh air and I'm really glad they kept them enabled until the next update.

5ac96da8525bc_WorldofWarshipsScreenshot2018_04.07-18_13_02_14.thumb.png.4acdae38d7e28516afe356b540e1d412.png

Edited by CarbonButtprint
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[KNTAI]
Members
173 posts
4,770 battles

Considering I don't have to worry about murdering my already mediocre stats, I still enjoy them. That and all the Elite Commander XP is too hard to turn down.

• Cool 1

[WOLFB]
Members
1,668 posts
8,063 battles

The only thing that bother me with space battle is the aiming. It's frustrating to miss shot on target because you aim too low.

But other than that, I can enjoy farming elite XP while using ship I didn't unlocked so yeah

• Cool 1

[CVA16]
Members
2,750 posts
6,251 battles

It's a fun diversion. They did a good job. Like the XP..

[SYN]
Members
4,532 posts
11,434 battles

Played three or four matches then was done with it.  Just didn't do anything for me.

• Cool 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,882 posts
13,401 battles

It was fun to try out the Republic & Kurfurst as I didn't have those ships.

Quite a few people aren't used to T10 ships which can be fun/frustrating depending on whose side they are on.

Overall I have enjoyed it but now I'm just doing it for the containers and then I go back to normal battles.

[ARRGG]
Members
4,680 posts
7,503 battles

There Horrible!!! Played 2 games and hated it ... just looks wierd ... my 2 cents worth

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[WORX]
Members
1,652 posts
12,706 battles

I was done with space battles since public test, 4 games and I was done with the idea. Space battle is

• Tier X ships doing
  • Clan  Warfare,
  • Domination,
  • in space camo,
  • in space lol :Smile_izmena:.

Now dont get me wrong Graphics dept. REALLY did there hard work bloody good job. If you guys love space battles then yeah you got to test out tier X ships with tier 7 economy rates. For the rest of us. The wow factor was lacking by a mile. Cheers!

[TDG]
Members
1,127 posts
5,736 battles

It is great to have a series where you get to try "real" ships in an environment where the stats don't matter beyond the next patch.

I'm grinding the [edited] out of Elite Commander XP.  That I am credit positive is just a bonus.

I'm still running Random and Co-op modes to complete missions and challenges, but I still find the Space Battles a nice diversion.  I think I am learning more about the way the ships work even if the meta is quite different than normal Tier 10 play.

[ZR]
WoWS Wiki Editor
552 posts
4,747 battles

Had a fantastic time yesterday in space battles. Divisioned up with two guys on Asia server and rushed everything with 3 GKs. We won all our games doing that. 

Members
1,178 posts
501 battles
44 minutes ago, Destroyer_ShimakazeChan said:

Poll is missing the option for "Havent played them" played one, threw up , stopped playing them...

FIFY

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,765 posts
1,320 battles
1 hour ago, galspanic said:

4-5 games and done.  Nothing about it appeals to me.

I didn't have any problems with the Space Battles, but, I have never liked to play the same ships over and over.  Not what I like WoWS for.  I like variety.

[PHU]
Beta Testers
201 posts
3,604 battles

Just started playing them today.  It's not the greatest mode ever, but I'm not going to complain about it.  A chance to test drive some tier tens with 19 point captains?  Yes, please.  Once the XP conversion event happens, I might be picking up a new tier 10 or two depending on how these ships feel.  Might even bite the bullet and grab some of these space camos for them.  Moskva really does look good with that camo.

On top of that, I'm not going to say no to all the easy elite XP either.  Figure I'll be burning a lot of my XP boost flags while this is still available too.  It was really nice getting 30K elite XP from one match earlier tonight.

• Cool 1

Members
1,132 posts
3,141 battles

5ac98722e5790_WorldofWarshipsScreenshot2018_04.07-20_05_46_36.thumb.png.2b0e05f6a3bc7a769e62fcb70317c384.png

Unfortunately these games are basically randoms with a cool reskin, so bad teammates are common. This defeat really hurt. 

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
290 posts
9,612 battles

Free space crates have free stuff in them. 

[PNGYN]
Members
490 posts
2,969 battles

I enjoy the Min- errr Norma, more than I thought I would. 

Now I wanna grind for the Mino. 

(Which means I enjoy it still). 

[O7]
Supertest Coordinator, Supertester
6,387 posts
7,341 battles

Haven't got time, liked playing on the PT though.

Alpha Tester
1,275 posts
5,789 battles

thought space battles were to end? Now i like just leave it there and expand and add more ships to it now. It was fun but wish stats counted for my tier 10s. Because i had some good games on paris and zaya.

[PVE]
Members
2,172 posts
5,101 battles
4 hours ago, galspanic said:

4-5 games and done.  Nothing about it appeals to me.

You beat me. 2 games for me and I was done. Random play with horrendous graphics. Yuck.

[IKEA]
Members
139 posts
3,208 battles

It's like getting your hands on a super weapon and blowing stuff up.  Citadels all over the place with high powered fast firing weapons and plenty of squishy targets with broadsides to punish.  As I don't have a 19 pt captain it's a way to get elite commander xp.  As I don't have a T10 ship it's a way to test drive some of them.  The credits are also pretty good, but I'm mostly just doing them for the space crates.  The battles are quick to engage and the players are more laid back.  Caps are not as important and it's more just slaughtering the other team. 

[ARGSY]
Members
5,829 posts
3,984 battles

Others have said it and I'll say it again. The ability to play with Tier 10 ships and get elite captain XP is wonderful. The ability to accumulate XP bonus camos for nothing is also great. I want them to keep it, but I don't think they'd like us to go farming free elite captain XP forever. I'll take what I can get while I can still get it.

I am loving the destroyers; not doing so well in some of the other ships, and absolutely loathe the Minotaur clone - can't get the vibe there at all. YMMV. 

I would have ground this a lot harder than I have for the captain XP alone, but I have been and remain distracted by too many other things: Isoroku cat, Normandie premium camo, grind to the Cleveland. However, Isoroku is done, Cleveland is done, Normandie will be done by midweek at the rate I'm going, and unless some other shiny thing (Varyag) pops up immediately afterwards, this mode will be getting a LOT of love.