You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
ImperiumDylan

What line would be good?

24 comments in this topic

Members
35 posts
452 battles

What ship would fit a play style that would go alone and doesn't require as much direct communication. and plus I manage to focus on one target until it is defeated. and I play at mid range.

Edited by ImperiumDylan
  • Boring 1

Members
621 posts
7,294 battles

First of all...
Why do you want to sail alone? You should not sail alone, being alone is a complete suicidal without anyone's help...
also communicating to your team will also help (unless if they don't want to listen that is)

*cough*
Anyways, for starters, you should try playing all lines and try to play them if you see them or feel comfortable playing that ship/line. (although I don't recommend going to CV line with that battles of yours)

[PLPTV]
Members
1,457 posts
9,077 battles
19 minutes ago, ImperiumDylan said:

What ship would fit a play style that would go alone and doesn't require as much direct communication. and plus I manage to focus on one target until it is defeated. and I play at mid range.

There's plenty of info online that you can read to get an idea of what each ship line plays like. Do a little research.

Members
38 posts
10,118 battles

IMHO, German BBs. That said, the game is designed to work as a team. Watch videos if your interested in learning more, just a suggestion. Why do I say German BBs? They are a tough line and with developed Captains you can access that line's characteristic of brawling. Secondary's which aid in finishing off targets at close quarters. Just know this, going off on your own, even as tough as German BBs are. You may find yourself being whittled down by  Battleships, Cruisers and Destroyers from many different directions quite a lot.

Don't mind the flak posts...You may not realize it now but your question is like asking how to play chess using only the Queen.

BTW there are plenty of clans to join that are not playing Clan Battles. Some simply play co-op together to learn the game and benefit from the discounts the base can provide. Bottom line enjoy the game and don't pay attention to the salt that gets thrown at you from time to time.

Cheers ImperiumDylan!

Edited by KAPTAIN_KAOS_OBERMEISTER

[WORX]
Members
1,652 posts
12,714 battles
27 minutes ago, ImperiumDylan said:

Simple, and its all in the lower tiers too. The IJN tier 4 DD Ishokaze, or the German DD at tier 4 V-170. Scratch the Gun DDs of any nation off. Cruisers low tiers need to communication. BBs in the low tiers are well a target. so yeah those are my recommendations and the only ones. The higher you go, you need to communicate and play more the objective. With these suggestions your good. Cheers!

[SYN]
Members
4,532 posts
11,434 battles
36 minutes ago, ImperiumDylan said:

It's like groundhog day with this guy...

• Funny 1

[WOLFB]
Members
1,672 posts
8,069 battles

Want to sail alone and deal damage ? CV is the best option 

Members
1,690 posts
7,231 battles

Well, honestly if you want to go alone and be a raider, I would pick a cruiser line and stick with it.

BB is horrible choice to use alone, because if some DD, determined kiting cruiser or two, or CV goes after you, you will be royally screwed.  

DD is bad to go alone, because your team needs you too much.  You can’t just go about your business because you actually have a job to do, and that job is in high demand.  You will be jeopardizing your team if you don’t play along with them.

CV is bad to go alone, because your team heavily depends on you, and you need to pay a lot of attention to your teammates, more so than any other type of ship.

But if you play solo Zao or Hindenburg, and are kiting alone on some flank - no one is going to have a fit about it, if you do your share of team damage and kills.  You will be able to engage, disenagage, kite superior force, and flex half across the map when needed.

Edited by Ramsalot

Members
2,092 posts
8,099 battles
1 hour ago, ImperiumDylan said:

The IJN CAs are your best bet for that playstyle, as their railgun arcs and great concealment allows for more independent operations, but I recommend no matter what line you choose to play you don't go off by yourself. That's just really dumb in all honesty. Even a DD or something to scout for you helps astronomically 

Members
2,278 posts
7,378 battles

Try the uninstall line...

Why would you sail alone and not comunicate in a team based game? Its bad for both you and your team...

[ARRGG]
Members
4,681 posts
7,503 battles
2 hours ago, ImperiumDylan said:

793E5E5D-90D6-4F82-BBBC-884F5124E14F.jpeg

Members
4,465 posts
6,203 battles
1 hour ago, Kuckoo said:

It's like groundhog day with this guy...

He is a troll.  Keeps asking this over and over and over and over but never replies to comments. He has been doing this for like a month. Weird.

"What ship fits my play style"   ETC ETC ETC........blah blah blah.  Troll.  

Edited by dmckay

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
2 hours ago, ImperiumDylan said:

Didn't we already discuss this in like three other posts from you?

Members
1,690 posts
7,231 battles
1 hour ago, Roadster311 said:

There are no lone wolf ships. None

There are no lone wolf ships, but there are situations when you can pull it off.  As in going to flank completely alone, and succeeding.  So far I have done this on the following ships: GK (went straight on cap, killed 3 ships in brawling range solo - alone on entire flank), Conqueror (flanking then doing fighting retreat), Zao (solo raider/harasser works because of concealment), Republique (solo flanking - most rewarding but also most dangerous, caution advised), Khabarovsk (run and gun solo flank vs unsupported BBs - awesome)

Members
17,842 posts
5,096 battles
8 hours ago, dmckay said:

He is a troll.  Keeps asking this over and over and over and over but never replies to comments. He has been doing this for like a month. Weird.

"What ship fits my play style"   ETC ETC ETC........blah blah blah.  Troll.  

I wonder if it's some kind of reroll. I remember a player a while ago called Warbeast44 that did exactly the same thing.

[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
1,446 posts
6,486 battles
11 hours ago, ImperiumDylan said:

Russian Destroyers :Smile_teethhappy:

Members
20 posts
16,271 battles
14 hours ago, ImperiumDylan said:

The consensus seems to be tirpitz. They are often seen going to D on north and even the new north where there is no D cap on the 10 line

Members
3,654 posts
13,535 battles

The OP appears to want a ship that he can use to attack others without his ship being attacked. Drive a CV.

[NGA-B]
Members
1,229 posts
7,662 battles
7 hours ago, ReddNekk said:

The OP appears to want a ship that he can use to attack others without his ship being attacked. Drive a CV.

I support this since his presence would probably justify buffing CVs.