Sign in to follow this  
KristinaArtaxos

Stiff penalties, overdone

12 comments in this topic

Members
1 post
3,997 battles

So a Pensacola wanders into a dispersion of shells from a volley from a Iron Duke Battleship aimed at a Battleship 8km away, the enemy battleship is hit by 4 out of 10 AP shells the Pensacola by 2.  The Pensacola doesn't sink but an 8 match team killer status is applied???!!!!  Doesn't seem to be appropriate, proportionate or fair, if the Pensacola had sunk sort of fair enough, but it didn't.

[H-W-C]
Members
1,258 posts
3,306 battles
8 minutes ago, KristinaArtaxos said:

So a Pensacola wanders into a dispersion of shells from a volley from a Iron Duke Battleship aimed at a Battleship 8km away, the enemy battleship is hit by 4 out of 10 AP shells the Pensacola by 2.  The Pensacola doesn't sink but an 8 match team killer status is applied???!!!!  Doesn't seem to be appropriate, proportionate or fair, if the Pensacola had sunk sort of fair enough, but it didn't.

Well, team damage is cumulative. This means that you have to have done a fair bit of team damage earlier.

• Cool 3

Members
31 posts
4,292 battles
1 minute ago, warpath_33 said:

Well, team damage is cumulative. This means that you have to have done a fair bit of team damage earlier.

This. 

I have had the TK penalty applied before, it didn't happen the round that I got in a feeding frenzy on a BB with my torps and missed the Friendly coming through a gap in islands catching him with 2 of them.  It was  rounds later when I was bumped by another ship and the few points of damage was enough to turn me pink. 

It is a set amount of damage to make you receive TK, sometimes that doesn't all happen at once but it adds up until you get your penalty, pay your penance and move on with it reset.

[HINON]
Supertester
18,902 posts
12,423 battles

Being pink is literally a non-penalty. You don't lose credits, you don't lose experience, you don't lose a ship, you don't lose a captain, you don't lose play time .... You talk about 'overdone stiff penalties' but all you've gotten is a finger wag and a light warning.

• Cool 3

[KNTAI]
Members
1,083 posts
5,943 battles
24 minutes ago, Stauffenberg44 said:

Perhaps being pink in itself is an "overdone stiff penalty" for some. :cap_hmm:

A "Scarlet Letter" of sorts...

• Cool 1

[HINON]
[HINON]
Beta Testers
5,913 posts
5,198 battles

As much as people talk about bad dispersion in this game, it's pretty uncommon to shoot at a target and hit a friendly. If you're doing that enough to be going pink from it than you need to develop better trigger discipline.

• Cool 1

[WORX]
Members
1,632 posts
12,641 battles
1 hour ago, Lert said:

You don't lose credits, you don't lose experience,

With the recent patch, Team Damage penalties are no longer reasonable, appropriate, proportionate or fair. There are going to be a LOT more horror post about how the get tough on team killing. It has gotten to the point where, cruisers are changing there tactic of shooting in smoke. Why ?

• Because there is no visual indication that the friendly, who sails in front of you is clear of your guns. IF you shoot its a chance your going to get hit with hitting a friendly.

Bottom line I don't mind the get hard on team killing campaign, however better visual to notify both the

• shooter (he is clear to shoot with out hitting his teammate) and
  • the friendly ship sailing into the cross fire (so he has a chance to turn away) Is in order. 
  • Ships running secondaries build should be careful too, they dont discriminate.

Lert

• In the game in which you turn pink yes you do get credits and free XP penalty along with being pink for 8 to 14 matches minimum
  • But your right in those matches after you turn pink yes you dont lose credits or free XP.

Cheers~!

Edited by Navalpride33

[HINON]
Supertester
18,902 posts
12,423 battles
8 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:
  • Because there is no visual indication that the friendly, who sails in front of you is clear of your guns. IF you shoot its a chance your going to get hit with hitting a friendly.

Bottom line I don't mind the get hard on team killing campaign, however better visual to notify both the

• shooter (he is clear to shoot with out hitting his teammate) and
  • the friendly ship sailing into the cross fire (so he has a chance to turn away) Is in order. 
  • Ships running secondaries build should be careful too, they dont discriminate.

- Secondaries don't do teamdamage, this was changed a long time ago.

- Agreed that there could be visuals when a friendly eclipses your shell arcs.

- However, a visual warning when friendlies eclipse your shell arcs only works at very close range where there's no shell travel time and doesn't warn when you're firing at a medium / long range target and the friendly isn't in the line of fire yet.

Sign in to follow this